Can You Trust Vroom Cars? Learn All About Vroom Car Buying & Selling Online
Buying a car online has gone from “interesting concept” to reality in the last several years. Now, it’s possible to order a car just like you order a pizza. No visits to the car lot and no haggling with a salesperson over the price.
According to Autotrader, three hours on average are spent at the dealership during the car buying process and the majority of that time (over 50%) is spent negotiating the price or doing paperwork. That’s the time that online car buying companies want to give you back.
While Vroom may not be as well known as Carvana, it’s got a solid reputation as a key player in the online used car sales business. You can shop and purchase on their website and completely skip the dealership experience altogether.
So, what is Vroom and how does buying and selling cars online work with them? We’re going to take you through the entire process and tell you everything you need to know.
This AdvisoryHQ Vroom review will include ratings from Vroom reviews online and details of what shoppers say they like or don’t like about this company and Vroom cars.
We’ll also tell you whether there is Vroom car rental or Vroom app and explain how the test driving process works with an online car dealership.
Have you been wondering about Vroom auto sales and asking yourself, “Is Vroom legit?”, then you’ll want to take a look below to learn all about their used car buying & selling process.
AdvisoryHQ News Vroom Reviews | What is Vroom?
Vroom auto sales first launched in 2013 with a mission to become the world’s premier platform for researching, buying, and selling cars online. The CEO, Paul Hennessy, was formerly CEO of Priceline.com.
The company is based in New York City and has a Vroom cars refurbishment facility in Stafford, TX. In 2015, Vroom acquired Texas Direct Auto, a Houston-based company that operates as its own brand.
Some of the Vroom car dealer statistics they highlight on their About Us page are:
- Over 3,000 cars available
- Over 400 different makes & models
- Over 250,000 happy customers
- Over 600 dedicated employees
Vroom Cars Buying Process Review
Some people wonder, “Is Vroom legit?” and hesitate to send them money for a car sight unseen, except in photos. The purchasing process for Vroom car buying is pretty straight forward, but there are a few more steps than your usual online shopping.
We’ll get into Vroom reviews from car buyers shortly, but first, we’ll go through the Vroom car buying and selling process.
Vroom Car Buying Process:
- Look through Vroom auto reviews of multiple used cars
- You can filter your selection by price, make, model, and other criteria
- Click “Start Purchase” when you find a car you like
- Select your payment option of cash, Vroom financing, or third-party financing
- Provide your contact details
- Choose whether or not you’re trading in a vehicle
- Submit your driver’s license & other requested documents
- You’ll be required to put down a $500 refundable deposit to complete the purchase to hold the car while financing details are worked out
- Sign the contact you receive from the Vroom car dealer within 24-hours of receipt
- Make delivery arrangements with Vroom to deliver your car to you
What is Vroom’s Delivery Cost?
In our Vroom auto review of their delivery options, we saw that you have two choices for delivery, each at a different price. The Vroom shipping charge for a vehicle can be included in the financing if you finance through their company.
You can choose:
- Open-carrier delivery truck – $499
- Enclosed trailer delivery – $799
Can You Pick Up Your Car?
Vroom has a large dealership and refurbishment facility near Houston, TX, and they do offer the option to pick up your car in person at that single Vroom car dealer facility.
How Does Vroom Auto Sales Do Test Drives?
A major issue for many car buyers when shopping for a car online is the lack of ability to do a test drive before you pay for a car. This problem has some people asking, “Is Vroom legit if I can’t do a test drive first?”.
The company does have a way around this limitation by offering a 7-day or 250 miles (whichever comes first) money-back guarantee. They allow you to basically do a week-long test drive of the vehicle, and if you don’t like it y0u can return it for a refund.
The guarantee period starts after it’s been delivered to you or after you’ve picked it up from their Vroom car dealership.
Vroom Cars Selling Process Review
Vroom also is an online place to sell a car, in addition to using a trade-in for a new purchase. You can skip the inconvenience of having to meet people at your home to sell a car, and do the whole process online.
In a Vroom cars review of their selling process, we found they offer free pick up if you sell them your car, which is a pretty good deal. Here’s how it works when selling your car to Vroom.
Vroom Car Selling Process:
- Fill out their online form with information and photos of your car
- Some of the details they’ll need include the VIN, exact mileage, condition, and vehicle history
- You’ll receive a guaranteed offer in 30 minutes or less (during their business hours)
- Their car offers are good for 10 days or 250 additional miles
- Once you accept, Vroom will make pick up arrangements
- You get paid by direct deposit once they have your car
Is there Vroom Car Rental or a Vroom App? Clearing Up Misconceptions
Vroom is a popular word and one used in more than one company’s name, so if you’re searching on Vroom car rental or a Vroom app, you might accidentally run across some other companies.
It’s easy to make the mistake of thinking Vroom car rental options might exist because there’s a company called VroomVroomVroom that does car rental comparisons and bookings, something like a Hotels.com. VroomVroomVroom does not appear to be connected with Vroom auto sales at all.
Likewise, if you’re trying to find a Vroom app to make the car buying even easier online, you’re going to find a Vroom app for childhood learning from ages birth to 5-years instead. Vroom for car buying doesn’t advertise any mobile app.
Popular Article: NordVPN Review | Is it Safe? A Scam or One of the Best VPNs?
Vroom Reviews from Real, Unbiased Customers
Now, it’s time to see how the Vroom auto sales process really stacks up and whether it’s as easy as the company advertises. We’ve scoured the web for multiple Vroom auto reviews to bring you the highlights, both positive and negative.
First, let’s see how the company rated overall when multiple Vroom reviews are averaged into an overall score.
Vroom Review Ratings
- com (551 Vroom reviews) – 3.7 out of 5
- DealerRater (560 Vroom reviews) – 3.8 out of 5
- HighYa (79 Vroom reviews) – 1.6 out of 5
- Yelp (143 Vroom reviews) – 2.5 out of 5
Vroom Reviews – The Positive
- A parent helping their daughter purchase a Jeep said the customer service, inventory, and delivery were all exceptional. They gave a 5-star Vroom review.
- A reviewer that sold a car on Vroom was skeptical at first but gave them high marks. They were very pleased with the price offered for their vehicle and said the customer support was great and pick up schedule was very accommodating to their needs.
- In another positive Vroom review, the reviewer was pleased with their purchase and said the car was delivered within the 14 days promised timeframe. They were also impressed with the company taking care of issues right away like missing wheel caps and reimbursement for a lost title.
- In one of the positive Vroom reviews on DealerRater, the reviewer said that all stages of the Vroom car buying experience were great. They praised their customer support team and described them as truly professional and knowledgeable.
Vroom Reviews – The Negative
- One Vroom reviewer on DealerRater was not happy with their purchase and didn’t believe the company properly stood behind their vehicles. After discovering a problem with rotors, Vroom paid to have them replaced, but the new ones only lasted a year.
- In another of the negative Vroom reviews, the car buyer said they had great cars at fair prices but the follow up on getting the papers and license plate to you were horrible. They had already waited eight weeks and could not drive the car because the temporary tag ran out.
- Delivery was a big issue in another unhappy Vroom cars review. The reviewer said they were kept waiting, had to miss work and they were 26 hours late with the promised car delivery.
- Another buyer that wasn’t pleased with Vroom said they felt continually misled about the car and especially delivery. Issues kept delaying delivery and they felt the customer support on the delivery side was worthless.
AdvisoryHQ’s Vroom Review Conclusion
For those looking for a less stressful way to buy a used automobile, Vroom delivers a convenient “shop from home” experience both for buying and selling a car.
Reviewers tend to universally praise the vehicle inventory that the Vroom car dealer website offers. They find it a benefit to be able to choose from many more vehicles than you could on a traditional dealership lot.
The car sales team at Vroom also gets high praise for their responsiveness, knowledge, and professionalism.
On the delivery side, things can be a little different. While some reviewers find delivery convenient and easy, others experience delays both in receiving their vehicle and the necessary paperwork and tags to be able to drive it legally.
Vroom cars reviews for customer support also get less stellar when it comes to the delivery rather than selling process.
It does look like Vroom makes every effort to correct issues with damage or scratches to a vehicle if it doesn’t arrive looking like it did in the photos. We saw several Vroom reviews that mentioned the company quickly fixing things or paying to have them fixed when notified of a problem.
Vroom is a trustworthy option in the online car buying arena and doesn’t appear to have any worse reviews than the competitor, Carvana. While it may have a smaller inventory, many people are quite pleased with the process and find Vroom an excellent option for buying or selling a used car.
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer: Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info. Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.