Intro – U.S. Bank Review & Ranking
U.S. Bank was recently ranked and reviewed by AdvisoryHQ as a top rated bank. Firms on our top-rated lists were selected after they successfully passed AdvisoryHQ’s ground-breaking four-step banks and credit unions selection methodology.
Click here for a step-by-step breakdown of the methodology and selection process used during our U.S. Bank review: AdvisoryHQ’s Methodology for Selecting Top Banks and Credit Unions.
Below we have provided a detailed review of U.S. Bank, including the specific factors we used in our decision-making process.
U.S. Bank Review
U.S. Bank delivers retailer, commercial, and small business services, with its primary focus on individuals, families, and small businesses. The bank’s roots date back to 1863 and today it’s grown to the fifth-largest bank in the country.
As one of the best banking companies, U.S. Bank prides itself on providing the utmost in convenience, including online and mobile services, and a variety of consumer rewards programs. This leading bank has a national presence with more than 3,100 banking offices in 25 states.
U.S. Bank Review
U.S. Bank is not only focused on helping customers save their hard-earned money, but it is also viewed as one of the top small business lenders in the country.
In our U.S. Bank review, we’ll take a look at the reasons this financial institution is considered one of the top banking firms in the country. We’ll highlight some U.S. Bank mortgage rates, their retirement program, and U.S. bank loans.
For those looking for rewards and credit cards, we’ll also do a U.S. Bank credit card review.
Key Factors Leading Us to Rank This Firm as One of the Top Banking Firms in 2020
Upon completing our U.S. Bank reviews, U.S. Bank was included in AdvisoryHQ’s ranking of this year’s best banking companies based on the following factors.
US Bank Review | Retirement Savings
U.S. Bank provides customers with the information and resources they need to plan for retirement more effectively. Their retirement options include the following:
- Rollover Your 401(k): You can transfer an existing 401(k), 403(b) or other retirement accounts into an IRA at U.S. bank that may help you make sure of your savings.
- Automated Investor: Their investment experts plus the latest technology give you the guidance and tools you need to make smart financial decisions.
- Invest on Your Own: You can open a self-directed brokerage or brokerage IRA through U.S. Bank.
As one of the top banking firms, U.S. Bank offers several types of IRAs so you can choose the one that best fits your finances and retirement goals. You can choose from:
- Traditional IRA
- Roth IRA
- SEP IRA
- S. Bank Heritage IRA
U.S. Bank Review | Online Investing
Along with standard online banking options, our U.S. Bank review also found that the company features online investing options so that users can make trades using their online investing portal. These trades can also be done using the U.S. Bancorp Investments mobile app.
Features of online investing tools available from U.S. Bank include:
- Automated Investor Platform
- Research stocks, ETFs, and mutual funds
- Access reports from Morningstar
- Look for opportunities using tools and screeners
- Review company profiles and interactive charts
- Plan using calculators that will estimate how much should be saved to meet various goals
- Create stock alerts and watch lists
- Access your account online or via the mobile app
U.S. Bank Review | Platinum Checking Package
U.S. Bank offers many checking account options, and the top-tier account is called the Platinum Checking Package. This account earns interest on checking balances and features many benefits including:
- No ATM transaction fees for Non-U.S. Bank ATM transactions
- Accounts include online and mobile banking, mobile check deposit, and bill pay
- Free mobile check deposits
- Unlimited no-fee transactions at non-U.S. Bank ATMs
- No-fee overdraft transfers
- Personal check discounts
- Account-holders receive preferred rates for U.S. bank loans including auto and personal
U.S. Bank Review | Mobile Banking
U.S. Bank offers robust online and mobile banking options to improve accessibility and convenience for all customers.
The advanced mobile banking app from U.S. Bank includes personalization options, a functional design, and innovations that are inspired by the requests of customers.
Users can quickly and easily send money to anyone, deposit checks, and use Mobile Bill Pay to schedule and review future payments.
They can also use a smartphone camera to add new biller information. Also available are customizable account alerts so you can know when large transactions of any type occur in your account, when your balance falls below a certain amount, and when credit card payments are due or overdue.
U.S. Bank Mortgage Reviews
Many consumers choose a bank when buying a new home. In looking at U.S. Bank mortgage reviews from consumer websites, we looked at three and saw they all gave good ratings when it came to their mortgages, including U.S. Bank mortgage rates.
U.S. Bank mortgage reviews & ratings:
- ConsumersAdvocate: 3.7 out of 5 stars
- SmartAsset: 3.6 out of 5 stars
- TopTenReviews: 4 out of 5 stars
Mortgage loan types that you can choose from U.S. Bank include:
- Conventional fixed-rate loans
- Adjustable-rate mortgages (ARMs)
- FHA loans
- VA loans
- Jumbo loans
- Investment property loans
- New construction and lot loans
U.S. Bank mortgage rates are easy to find on their website when you’re doing U.S. Bank mortgage reviews of your home buying options. As with all mortgage rates, these and other rates for U.S. Bank loans fluctuate according to the market.
U.S. Bank mortgage rates are currently listed at:
- 30-year fixed: 3.875%
- 20-year fixed: 3.625%
- 10-year ARM: 4.875%
- 5-year ARM: 4.125%
U.S. Bank Credit Card Review
When it comes to credit cards, you get a few more choices with U.S. Bank than you do with some other best banking companies. We found in our U.S. Bank credit card review that they offer 8 different credit cards to choose from.
Here is a rundown of your card options at U.S. Bank:
- S. Bank Altitude™ Reserve Visa Infinite® Card: Earn 3x points on travel and mobile wallet purchases and has $400 annual fee
- S. Bank Cash+™ Visa Signature® Card: Earn up to 5% cashback on your first $2,000 in purchases and no annual fee
- S. Bank Visa® Platinum Card: Low annual percentage rate and cell phone protection, with no annual fee
- S. Bank Cash 365™ American Express® Card: Earn unlimited 1.5% cashback and has no annual fee
- S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card: Earn Flex Points with 3x at restaurants and 2x at gas stations and airlines, with an $86 annual fee
- S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card: Earn 2X FlexPoint for gas, groceries, and travel and has no annual fee the first year, then $49 after that
- S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card: Earn 1 FlexPoint for ever $1 in net purchases and no annual fee
- S. Bank Secured Visa® Card: Helps people build or re-establish credit and has a $29 annual fee
Their website lays out all card details and allows you to do your own U.S. Bank credit card review, comparing up to 3 cards at a time side-by-side.
With robust online and mobile banking tools, it isn’t difficult to see why U.S. Bank continues to be considered as one of the best banking companies in the country. After doing a review of U.S. bank mortgage rates and ratings and seeing all their credit card options, it’s obvious they work to give consumers more choices.
Combined with a strategic focus on retirement tools and online investing capabilities, U.S. Bank is one of the top banking firms to consider partnering with this year and normally they would get a top rating.
However, we found several broken links on their website when doing our U.S. Bank review, and these included important pages such as “locations” and “investor relations.” Hopefully, they will get this resolved soon, in the meantime, we must give them a 3-star rating due to the lack of information from broken links.
Rate Table Disclaimer
Click here to read AdvisoryHQ’s disclaimer on the rate table(s) displayed on this page.
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer: Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info. Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.