Intro – United Bank Reviews & Ranking
United Bank was recently ranked and reviewed by AdvisoryHQ as a top rated bank.
Firms on our top rated lists were selected after they successfully passed AdvisoryHQ’s ground-breaking four-step banks and credit unions selection methodology.
Click here for a step-by-step breakdown of our methodology process and selection process: AdvisoryHQ’s Methodology for Selecting Top Banks and Credit Unions.
Below we have provided a detailed review of United Bank, including the specific factors we used in our decision-making process.
United Bank Review & History
United Bank is a community-driven bank with a long history in Georgia. In 1905, it was originally chartered as The Bank of Zebulon, and since then it has grown to include a full range of financial services.
As one of the best banking firms in the U.S., United Bank serves the needs of clients with 17 offices south of the Georgia Metro area.
The mission statement of United Bank is defined by a reliance on long-lasting relationships as well as a dedication to viewing each customer as important and imperative to the success of United.
Photo courtesy of: United Bank
Key Factors That Led to Our Ranking of This Bank
Below, please find a detailed review of the key factors that led to our ranking of United Bank as a top bank to consider in 2017.
Convenience and Accessibility (United Bank Review)
United Bank is a local, community institution that is focused on delivering convenience and accessibility to customers to make their lives easier. They do this in a number of ways, including:
- Online banking is free to United customers
- There are 20 ATM locations in the market area with 24-hour access
- Customers may use more than 1000 Presto ATMs located at Publix supermarkets free of charge
- Four of the local in-store United Bank locations offer banking until 8 p.m.
- 24-hour phone banking is available
- Contact center representatives are available by phone seven days a week
- Interactive Teller Machines are available at several locations and are available seven days a week, from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Mobile Advantage (United Bank Review)
Mobile Advantage is included for free to account holders at United Bank. The following services are included as part of Mobile Advantage:
- Deposit checks using a smartphone
- Pay bills with online bill pay
- Monitor accounts, including balances and transactions
- Make requests via text banking
- Transfer funds between United Bank accounts
- View electronic statements
All Mobile Advantage services are safeguarded by advanced technology and encryption and are offered free of charged to United Bank customers.
Switch Kit (United Bank Review)
With an understanding of how time-consuming and challenging it can be to move from another bank, United Bank created the signature Switch Kit, designed to simplify moving accounts to them from another institution.
The Switch Kit conveniently includes all the forms and letters needed to leave your old bank and seamlessly redirect deposits and drafts to your new accounts at United Bank.
All you need is your old bank account information, your last three statements, and your new information from United Bank.
Financial Calculators (United Bank Review)
The goal of the professional team making up United Bank is to develop strong partnerships with customers. One way this is done is by offering valuable financial resources and guides.
On the United Bank website, there are also financial calculators that make it easy for consumers to see the impact of potential financial decisions.
Some of the available calculators from United Bank include:
- Should I refinance?
- How much will I save by increasing my mortgage payment?
- How much car can I afford?
- How much do I need to save for college?
- How can I save a million dollars?
- How long will my retirement savings last?
- How much will my Roth IRA be worth at retirement?
Click any of the links below to browse exclusive reviews of all top rated banking firms:
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.