TOP STOCK GAINERS, MOVERS & LOSERS
STOCK MARKET HEADLINES (TODAY)
The DJIA closed in positive territory today, climbing 50.46 points to close at 29,348.1 (an increase of 0.17% from its previous day’s close.) The S&P closed at 3,329.62, a 0.39% increase from its previous close.
The NASDAQ ended the day at 9,388.94, higher by 0.34%.
BIGGEST STOCK MOVERS (TODAY)
Top 10 Biggest Stock Gainers Today By Percentage (%)
The ten stocks listed below are today’s top performing stocks and biggest percentage gainers on the NYSE & NASDAQ.
Brief Overview of Today’s Top Stock Movers:
- Imedia Brands Inc took the number one spot on today’s list of the biggest stock gainers. The company’s stock price surged by 42.22% to end the day at $4.48 as 15,817,414 of the company’s shares were bought and sold by investors.
- Shares of Aptinyx Inc increased in value by 27.78%, making the stock today’s second highest moving stock as investors traded 2,290,021 of the company’s shares. The company’s stock price jumped by $1 to close at $4.6 by the end of the day.
- Stage Stores’s stock price surged today by 21.99% placing it on the #3 spot on today’s list of top stock market movers. Investors traded 4,555,758 of the company’s shares as the stock price surged, ending the day at $3.55.
- Novavax Inc’s stock price, which ended the day at $5.74 was today’s fourth largest stock gainer across the NASDAQ and NYSE. The firm’s stock price jumped by $0.96, a 20.08% increase from the day before, as investors traded 9,439,040 of the company’s shares.
- Atomera Inc’s stock was the next highest stock gainer today, after the company’s stock price climbed 17.2% to close the day at $4.43. The stock was number five on today’s list of the top 10 stocks with the highest percentage gains.
With a percentage gain between 8.89% and 14.99%, Mmtec Inc, Zymeworks Inc, Huami Corp ADR, Sibanye Gold Ltd ADR, and Community Health Systems made up the remaining companies on today’s list of the top 10 biggest stock gainers.
Top 10 Biggest Stock Losers Today By Percentage (%)
The ten stocks listed below are today’s top decliners across the NYSE & NASDAQ.
Brief Overview of Today’s Biggest Stock Losers:
- Shares of MGP Ingredients Inc fell by $-14.6 to end the day at $38.18, making it the biggest stock loser today (by percentage points) across the NYSE and NASDAQ. The company’s stock price fell by as much as -27.66% as investors fled the stock with 2,433,441 of the company’s shares trading hands.
- Iterum Therapeutics Plc was the next biggest stock loser today, declining -26.01% to close the day at $3.3 a share as investors dumped 592,500 of the company’s stock.
- Aethlon Medical was next in line, coming in as the third biggest stock loser across the NYSE and NASDAQ, after its stock price dropped by -25.36%. The company’s price per share fell by $-0.7 to end the day at $2.06.
- Cemtrex Inc was number four on today’s list of top stock market losers (by percentage point). The company’s stock price plunged by -19.52% to end the day at $2.02 as 3,421,055 shares exchanged hands.
- Shares of Coeur Mining Inc declined in value as the company’s stock price fell by -16.64% making it the fifth biggest stock loser today. The company’s share price ended the day at $5.86 as investors traded 16,781,842 shares of the company’s stock.
Viela Bio Inc, United Nat Foods, Pacific Drilling S.A., Range Resources Corp, and Contura Energy Inc were the remaining five firms/stocks on today’s list of the biggest stock market losers.
See below for a list of this week’s top stock gainers and losers.
BIGGEST STOCK GAINERS & STOCK LOSERS
(THIS WEEK )
This Week’s 10 Highest Stock Winners
The stocks below are this week’s top 10 gainers and biggest winners by percentage points across the NYSE & NASDAQ.
This Week’s 10 Biggest Stock Losers
The 10 stocks listed below are this week’s 10 biggest stock decliners across the NYSE & NASDAQ
See below for a list of this month’s top stock gainers and losers.
BIGGEST STOCK LOSERS & GAINERS THIS MONTH
Top 10 Highest Stock Movers – This Month
Below are this month’s top stocks by percentage points across the NYSE & NASDAQ.
10 Biggest Stock Losers – This Month
The stocks listed below are this month’s biggest stock decliners across the NYSE & NASDAQ
Date Last Updated: Note, this page was last updated on 1/17/2020
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.