Hoping to Get into One of the Top Online MBA Programs?
Getting your master’s degree in business administration is one of the best ways to make a large step of improvement in your career. With the rise in online education, taking MBA courses online is getting easier and better.
If you are looking for the top MBA online programs, we are here to help you. This is your guide to looking for and finding top online MBA programs. We will show you:
- A list of top 10 online MBA programs
- Where to find all the best online MBA rankings
- Factors to consider when looking for the top-ranked online MBA programs you may want to enter
- A short overview of how we found our list of top 10 online MBA programs and how you can do the same
- A breakdown of our top 10 online MBA programs
Know that the list of top ranked online MBA programs will not necessarily be the same as top traditional MBA programs. That is because aspects like quality of MBA courses online education and technology need to be considered.
By the end of this guide, you will know how to find the top ranked online MBA programs you may be interested in applying for.
The list below is sorted alphabetically (click any of the MBA school names below to go directly to the detailed review section):
- Arizona State University
- Auburn University
- Babson College
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Indiana University–Bloomington
- Temple University
- University of Florida
- University of Maryland–College Park
- University of North Carolina–Chapel Hill
- University of Texas–Dallas
High-Level Comparison Table
Top 10 Online MBA Programs
Online MBA Rankings
Princeton Review Online MBA Rankings
Online MBA Rankings
|Arizona State University|
|Carnegie Mellon University|
|University of Florida|
|University of Maryland–College Park|
|University of North Carolina–Chapel Hill|
|University of Texas–Dallas|
Table: Top Online MBA Programs | Above list is sorted alphabetically
Where to Find the Top Online MBA Rankings
When you are looking for top online MBA programs, it is important to start with highly regarded online MBA program rankings first. Here are two of the top reputable ways to find online MBA program rankings.
U.S. News Online MBA Rankings
Image Source: U.S. News
U.S. News describes itself as “a multi-platform publisher of news and information, which includes www.usnews.com and annual print and e-book versions of its authoritative rankings of Best Colleges, Best Graduate Schools, and Best Hospitals.”
Their list of top-ranked online MBA programs are chosen based on factors including, but not limited to:
- Admissions selectivity
- Reputation for excellence
- Career support services
You can see some of their top choices in our top 10 online MBA programs comparison table above.
Princeton Review Online MBA Rankings
The Princeton Review has been around for more than 35 years and started as SAT help and guidance. Now they have grown into a full resource “to help [students] get into their dream school,” which includes rankings.
Their online MBA ranking gives you their top 25 programs for MBA courses online.
Where to Find Other Online MBA Rankings
As you are looking for the top online MBA programs, it is also helpful to look outside of the most highly regarded sources and take a peek at online MBA program rankings from other websites.
Image Source: Pexels
You will be able to not only compare each online MBA ranking, you can also learn more about each of the top MBA online programs.
Here are some of the websites you can consider for these other online MBA program rankings:
- Financial Times Online MBA Rankings: This online MBA ranking includes international schools as well.
- Online MBA Online MBA Rankings: This entire website is dedicated to gaining information about taking MBA courses online.
- Best Colleges Online MBA Rankings: Here you can find top online MBA programs as well as endless amounts of information on other college programs.
- Best College Reviews Online MBA Rankings: This is another website with a considerable amount of information on all sorts of programs, including the 25 top MB online programs.
- The Best Schools Online MBA Rankings: This website gives you the 50 top-ranked online MBA programs as well as information on the degree like expected career salary.
- College Choice Online MBA Rankings: This online MBA ranking lists 30 top online MBA programs as well as plenty of information about each (like tuition and unique qualities).
Other Factors for Finding Top Online MBA Programs
While online MBA rankings are extremely important for helping you discover the top MBA online programs, there are other factors you will want to keep in mind too.
None of the organizations that put out online MBA program rankings all have the exact same results. This is because some people care about some factors the most, and other people care about other factors the most.
This will be true for you too. Peer reputation and faculty credentials may top your list, where student engagement and student services and technology may top somebody else’s list. So here are some indicators you may want to look for in top online MBA programs.
- Admissions selectivity
- Average UGPA (undergraduate grade point average)
- Peer reputation
- Faculty credentials
- Student engagement
- Student services
- Technology advancement
- Tuition cost
- Financial aid
- Graduation rate
- Jobs post-graduation
- Average salary post-graduation
- Areas of concentration
- Dual degree offerings
Fortunately, since these are all MBA courses online, school location is not a factor you will have to consider.
Comparing the Top Online MBA Programs
A great resource for learning about all the factors above for the top MBA online programs is StartClass. Here you can compare all the top online MBA programs to see side-by-side information.
For example, we put Arizona State University and Temple University in the comparison. Here is how they stacked up in admissions statistics:
Image Source: StartClass
A great way to use this is to go through all the online MBA program rankings and make a list of your top choices. Then put those top choices in SmartClass and see helpful side-by-side comparisons.
Our Top 10 Online MBA Programs
This is how we came up with our list of top 10 online MBA programs. It is a great way for you to find the MBA courses online you may want to take.
- First we went through the two major websites for online MBA program rankings and made a comparison list. Most of the top MBA online programs were similar, even though they came up in a different order.
- Then we started going through the other websites to see their top-ranked online MBA programs and compared them to the first list.
- Next we found all the shared top MBA online programs with the highest online MBA ranking.
Arizona State University
Here are a few helpful stats on Arizona State University as one of the top online MBA programs:
Here are a few helpful stats on Auburn University as one of the top MBA online programs:
Here are a few helpful stats on Babson College as one of the top online MBA programs:
- Tuition: $1,552 per credit
- Enrollment: N/A
- Acceptance rate: 66.8%
Carnegie Mellon University
Here are a few helpful stats on Carnegie Mellon University as one of the top online MBA programs:
Here are a few helpful stats on Indiana University–Bloomington as one of the top online MBA programs:
Here are a few helpful stats on Temple University as one of the top MBA online programs:
University of Florida
Here are a few helpful stats on University of Florida as one of the top online MBA programs:
University of Maryland–College Park
Here are a few helpful stats on University of Maryland–College Park as one of the top online MBA programs:
University of North Carolina–Chapel Hill
Here are a few helpful stats on University of North Carolina–Chapel Hill as one of the top online MBA programs:
University of Texas–Dallas
Here are a few helpful stats on University of Texas–Dallas as one of the top online MBA programs:
- Tuition: $1,238
- Enrollment: 325
- Acceptance rate: 26.2%
Conclusion—Top-Ranked Online MBA Programs
Now you have all the information you need to find the top online MBA programs you may be interested in. Plus, you have a good place to start your research with our top 10 online MBA programs list.
Your next steps are:
- Check all the websites for online MBA rankings
- Research the websites from each of the top-ranked online MBA programs
- Do side-by-side comparisons through SmartClass
- Make your own list of top MBA online programs
- Apply to those schools
And that is how you can go about finding top online MBA programs. Remember there is no one-size-fits-all program, so use the rankings to help you find the idea program that works best for your goals.
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.