Texas Bay Credit Union – 2020-2021 Reviews & Ranking
AdvisoryHQ recently published its list and review of the top credit unions in Houston, Texas, a list that included Texas Bay Credit Union.
Below we have highlighted some of the many reasons Texas Bay Credit Union was selected as one of the best credit unions in Houston, Texas.
Click here for a detailed review of AdvisoryHQ’s selection methodology: AdvisoryHQ’s Methodology for Selecting Top Banks and Credit Unions.
Texas Bay Credit Union Review
Founded in 1936, Texas Bay Credit Union initially began as Houston Sinclair Refinery Employees’ Federal Credit Union. Their mission is to offer each member the right product for their distinct needs at the right time in their life.
2020-2021’s Top Houston Credit Unions
This top Houston credit union has 8 branches throughout the area, plus offers additional branches through a free shared branch network.
Those eligible for membership must live, work or attend school or church in the geographic area of FM 1960, Highway 6, Highway 146, or live within a 10-mile radius of any Texas Bay branch.
Membership also includes persons who live, work, attend school, worship, or own a business in Fort Bend County. Employees at select employer groups may also join. You can find eligibility requirements here.
Key Factors Leading Us to Rank This Firm as One of the 2020-2021 Top Credit Union Firms
Texas Bay Credit Union Review: Mobile Banking
Above and beyond online banking access, Texas Bay offers a mobile app accessible on Android, iPhones, AP phones, PalmOne OS devices, PocketPC devices, and RIM Blackberry phones.
The mobile app offers many convenient services, such as viewing account summaries and bill pay.
It also offers Remote Deposit Capture, a feature which allows you to deposit checks to your checking or savings account using only a smartphone. Simply take a photo of the front and back of a check and deposit through the mobile app.
Online banking at this top Houston credit union is accessible from a computer, smartphone or tablet. Members have free online access to their accounts 24/7, and can do things like:
- Display account and loan balances
- View account history
- Transfer funds
- Make loan payments
See Also: Houston Police Federal Credit Union
All-in-One Change Management Tools
Top Rated Toolkit for Change Managers.
Get Your Change Management Tool Today...
Texas Bay Credit Union Review: Credit Cards
As a top Houston credit union, Texas Bay offers the Texas Bay MasterCard Platinum Rewards card, a credit card that allows holders to earn and redeem points for travel or merchandise.
Texas Bay Credit Union offers a program called UChooseRewards, which gives cardholders the ability to earn 1 point for every $1 spent on eligible purchases, and occasionally during special promotions, earn 2 points for each $1 spent.
You can use your reward points for travel and merchandise, travel, discounts, and cash back. There are no restrictions or blackout dates for travel rewards and members can enjoy a hug selection of merchandise and gift certificates.
Retailer e-certificates are also available.
Texas Bay Credit Union Review: Checking Accounts
For consumers looking to open a checking account, this top Houston credit union offers four options to fit their needs.
All checking accounts come with free benefits, which include:
- Instant issue debit card with rewards
- Online banking with bill pay
- Mobile banking with check deposit
- Fraud and budgeting mobile app
- Overdraft protection
- And more
Checking account options at Texas Bay include:
- Simply Free Checking: No minimum balance, no monthly service charge, and no per check charge.
- Simply+ Checking: This account offers the same benefits as simply free checking but also allows qualifying account holders to earn dividends.
- 50+ Checking: Members 50 years and older are eligible for this account which offers free checks, dividends, no minimum balance, no monthly service charge, and no per check charge.
- Premium Checking: This account offers higher dividends, with a balance of $1,500, but will still receive competitive dividends if the balance is below $1,500. There is a $6 monthly fee if the balance falls under $1,500.
Other fees may apply with checking accounts. Be sure to ask about this before opening an account.
Don’t Miss: Smart Financial Credit Union Review
Additional Products and Services
Consumers looking for a full-service credit union in Houston that can provide them with multiple financial needs, will appreciate the array of services offered by Texas Bay.
In addition to their checking and savings accounts and credit card services, they offer:
- Insurance products, including auto, property, health, and life insurance policies
- Investment services
- Retirement services
- Personal and business loans
- Mortgage/home equity loans
- Auto loans
- Online calculator
- Financial education resources
- And more
Texas Bay is one of the top credit unions in Houston because they strive to personalize their financial products to meet each member’s needs. They also offer wide variety of services which allow people to come to one place for multiple financial needs.
With a member-centric philosophy and a robust offering of financial solutions, Texas Bay Credit Union scores a 5-star rating and is one of the top credit unions in the Houston area to consider banking with in 2020-2021.
In addition to reviewing the above Texas Bay Credit Union review, you can click on any of the links below to browse exclusive reviews of AdvisoryHQ’s top rated banking & credit union firms:
- BP Federal Credit Union
- Cy-Fair Federal Credit Union
- First Community Credit Union
- First Service Credit Union
- Harris County Federal Credit Union
- Houston Police Federal Credit Union
- Houston Texas Fire Fighters
- JSC Federal Credit Union
- Members Choice Credit Union
- Memorial Credit Union
- People’s Trust Federal Credit Union
- Primeway Federal Credit Union
- Smart Financial Credit Union
- Texas Bay Credit Union
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.