Intro – Top Rated Florida Bank
AdvisoryHQ recently reviewed the top banks in Florida. Each bank was individually researched based on general concepts of quality and value.
Various criteria were considered during the research process, some of which include fees, convenience, branches, online banking, education materials, and the selection of available services.
Synovus Bank Review
Synovus Bank began in 1888 from a simple act of kindness when a textile mill executive offered to store a worker’s money in the company vault. Since that time, this top Florida bank has grown to 300 locations across the Southeast.
This award-winning bank makes it a priority to develop long-lasting customer relationships and support the communities it serves. Their branches are located in major cities and main-street hometowns alike.
Top Florida Banks 2020
Their focus on community support includes supporting outreach programs like Books for Keeps, Transitions Homeless Center, and “Honoring Our Heroes.”
Most of the Florida Synovus locations are in and around the central region, making it one of the best banks in Jacksonville, as well as one of the superior banks in Tampa and surrounding areas.
See Also: SunTrust Bank Reviews
Key Factors That Led to Our Ranking of This Bank as One of the Best Banks in Florida
Awards and Honors
Synovus has frequently been recognized in the financial services industry for providing leading-edge products, excellent customer service, and a great workplace for employees.
Some of the recent awards and honors received by Synovus include:
- Synovus won 22 Greenwich Excellence Awards in 2019 for Small Business Banking and Middle Market Banking
- In 2019, Synovus Chief Retail Banking Officer, Jennifer Upshaw, was named as one of the Most Powerful Women in Banking by American Banker
- In 2018, they were named a Best Bank to Work For by American Banker
- Named one of America’s Most Reputable Banks in 2018 by American Banker and Reputation Institute (4th consecutive year)
In today’s mobile and connected world, it’s important for any top banks in Florida to offer tools that allow you to access your money anywhere, anytime, and any way you like. Synovus meets this challenge through their digital banking solutions.
Their My Synovus digital banking allows you to access your accounts any time of day or night from a computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Features of My Synovus mobile banking solutions include:
- Make payments and money transfers
- Access balances and transactions
- Make deposits with your mobile device
- Security features, including Touch ID, Face ID, and multi-factor authentication
- Custom account alerts
Synovus Cash Rewards Visa® Credit Card
If you like to receive cash back from your spending, then the Synovus Cash Rewards Visa® Credit Card is an attractive way to do that.
The card allows you to avoid high annual percentage rates by offering a 0% introductory APR for the initial 6 months. There is also no annual fee.
Other features of this rewards card include:
- 3% cash back on dining purchases
- 3% cash back on up to $3000 in net spending quarterly in a Dynamic Earn category you choose
- 1% cash back on all eligible purchases, no cap
- Choice of how to get your cash back
- Card protection benefits that are offered through Visa
Related: BankUnited Ranking & Reviews
Synovus is a customer and community-centric bank that is focused on serving all communities equally, from large cities to small towns. They offer their customers a personal touch along with a wide range of helpful banking services.
With advanced digital banking tools and an emphasis on financial security, this award-winning Florida bank earns a 5-star rating. Synovus is one of the top banks in Florida to consider this year.
To browse exclusive reviews of all Top-Rated Banks in Florida, please click on any of the links below:
- BBVA USA
- Branch Banking & Trust Company (BB&T)
- Centennial Bank
- Fifth Third Bank
- First Horizon Bank
- PNC Bank
- Regions Bank
- SunTrust Bank
- Synovus Bank
- TD Bank
- Valley National Bank
- Wells Fargo Bank
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.