Intro – Top Rated Florida Bank
AdvisoryHQ recently reviewed the top banks in Florida. Each bank was individually researched based on general concepts of quality and value.
Various criteria were considered during the research process, some of which include fees, convenience, branches, online banking, education materials, and the selection of available services.
Below we have highlighted some of the many reasons Synovus Bank was selected as one of the best banks in Florida.
Synovus Bank Review
Since 1888, Synovus Bank has been providing a variety of top-quality financial services to customers with an intimate, community approach.
Synovus was started in Columbus, Georgia, and since then it has maintained a level of trusted success because of a commitment to the cultivation of long-lasting relationships. The focus of Synovus is in high-growth Southeastern Markets.
Image Source: Synovus Bank
Most of the Florida Synovus locations are in and around the central region, making it one of the best banks in Jacksonville, as well as one of the superior banks in Tampa and surrounding areas.
Key Factors That Led to Our Ranking of This Bank as One of the Top Banks in Florida
Represented in the list below are reasons Synovus was selected for this ranking of the best banks in Florida.
Awards and Honors
Synovus has frequently been recognized in the financial services industry for providing leading-edge products and an excellent approach to customer relationships.
Some of the recent awards and honors received by Synovus include:
- In 2016, Synovus received 28 awards in the 2016 Greenwich Excellence Awards for Small Business Banking and Middle Market Banking
- Synovus Family Asset Management was named to the Bloomberg Market’s List of the Richest Family Offices for the fourth year in a row
- American Banker/Reputation Institute named Synovus as one of America’s Most Reputable Banks
- In 2015, Synovus received 19 Greenwich Customer Service Excellence Awards in Small Business and Middle Market Banking
- Synovus received 20 Customer Service Excellence Awards in Middle and Small Business Banking
Text banking is a convenient, simplified way for Synovus customers to receive information about their accounts, particularly if they don’t use the mobile capabilities offered by the bank.
Enrollment is easy, and by texting various codes to SNVBNK, customers will receive real-time updates. For example, texting BAL will mean customers receive their account balance via text, and HIST + Account Nickname will return the last ten transactions.
These are just a few of the Text Banking options available through Synovus.
Enhanced Bill Pay
To always remain competitive with technological offerings, Synovus recently announced new enhancements and additions to their existing Bill Pay options. With these new features, users can:
- Set up and manage bills directly from their payment center
- View each billing account number securely
- Know how each bill is getting paid, whether electronically or by check
- Users will know exactly when a bill will be coming out of their account
- Preferred payment details can be added to each account, and selections are saved for next time
Purchase Perks Visa Platinum Credit Card
The Purchase Perks® Visa® Platinum Credit Card is offered as a way for customers to receive points for purchases that can then be redeemed for dining, travel, and shopping.
This credit card includes a 0% introductory Annual Percentage Rate on purchases and balance transfers, as well as overdraft protection transfers for the first six months after the account is opened.
Other features of the Purchase Perks card include:
- $500,000 Travel Accident Insurance
- $5,000 lost luggage reimbursement
- Concierge services
- Protection from Visa’s Zero Liability Policy
- Emergency evacuation and transportation coverage
To browse exclusive reviews of all Top-Rated Banks in Florida, please click on any of the links below:
- BBVA Compass
- Branch Banking & Trust Company (BB&T)
- Capital Bank Corporation
- Centennial Bank
- Fifth Third Bank
- Florida Community Bank
- PNC Bank
- Regions Bank
- SunTrust Bank
- Synovus Bank
- TD Bank
- Valley National Bank
- Wells Fargo Bank
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.