Intro – Sandy Spring Bank Reviews & Ranking
AdvisoryHQ recently published its list and review of the top banking firms in Maryland, a list that included Sandy Spring Bank.
Below we have highlighted some of the many reasons Sandy Spring Bank was selected as one of the best banking firms in Maryland.
Click here for a detailed review of AdvisoryHQ’s selection methodology: AdvisoryHQ’s Methodology for Selecting Top Banks and Credit Unions.
Sandy Spring Bank Review
Founded in 1868, Sandy Spring Bank has been doing business in the banking industry for more than 140 years. As one of the oldest local banks in Maryland, Sandy Spring Bank serves its communities with pride and integrity.
In fact, they have been recognized as one of Forbes magazine’s Top 100 most trustworthy corporations in America for their integrity in financial reporting.
Source: Sandy Spring Bank
Sandy Spring Bank has an unwavering commitment to the communities they serve, their customers, and their employees. That’s why it came as no surprise when The Society of Human Resources named them as one of the top 50 places to work in the United States for their unwavering dedication to always put their customers first.
From their humble beginnings almost a century and a half ago, Sandy Spring Bank has grown to include 44 banking offices across Maryland and Northern Virginia and over $4.2 billion in assets.
This top bank in Maryland makes it a point to be at the forefront of banking technology and prides itself on providing state of the art money management tools and online banking to its customers.
Key Factors Leading Us to Rank This Firm as One of This Year’s Top Banking Firms
Upon completing our detailed review, Sandy Spring Bank was included in AdvisoryHQ’s ranking of this year’s best banking firms based on the following factors.
Sandy Spring Bank Review: Mission and Values
Sandy Spring Bank has a mission to not only serve their customers and communities well, but to also add value to those communities by enriching the lives of their clients, employees, and shareholders.
In addition to such a noble mission, this top bank in Maryland also has some very notable values that it abides by.
Sandy Spring Bank’s operating values are:
- Relationships: fostering a caring environment that promotes building mutually fulfilling relationships with their clients and employees
- Integrity: doing business with the highest standard of ethics including honesty, confidentiality, respect, and open communication
- Teamwork: working together without regard to departmental boundaries in order to achieve the common goal of serving their clients
- Community: committing both personal and financial resources to improve the quality of life in each community that they serve
- Drive for Performance: constantly challenging themselves to grow, change, and reach for solutions that will earn the loyalty of their clients today and tomorrow
Sandy Spring Bank Review: Free Checking Accounts
While there are many banks in Maryland that offer a free checking account, Sandy Spring Bank is unique in that they offer three free checking accounts to choose from.
At this Maryland Bank, it’s easy to get all the checking perks you want without any of the fees. Free checking accounts to choose from are:
- My Free Banking Checking: No monthly service fee, free debit MasterCard, and free online statements with check images
- Senior Interest Banking Checking: No monthly service fee, free standard check orders, free debit MasterCard, and earns interest
- Student Banking Checking: No monthly service fee, free debit MasterCard, 2 ATM fee refunds per month, and free online statements
All of these checking accounts come with free online banking with bill pay and free mobile banking with mobile deposit.
Sandy Spring Bank Review: Business and Commercial Banking
Sandy Spring Bank offers a wide array of business and commercial banking solutions. No matter the business size or transaction level, this Maryland bank has a financial solution for every business type.
Business and commercial banking solutions offered by Sandy Spring Bank are:
- Ebiz online banking
- Payce payroll services
- Treasury management
- Loans and lines of credit
- Government contractor lending
- Health savings accounts
- Business insurance
- Retirement planning
In addition to the above Sandy Spring Bank review, you can click on any of the links below to browse exclusive reviews of AdvisoryHQ’s top rated banking firms & credit unions:
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.