Is Rodan and Fields Worth the Money? Learn All You Need to Know Before Trying Rodan + Fields Products
Consumers have kept the global skincare industry growing. Currently, at $134 billion, it’s expected to reach $180 billion by 2024. Increasingly younger people are beginning to use skincare products in the attempt to ward off the signs of ageing and gain a glowing complexion.
Is Rodan + Fields Safe?
One of the most popular skincare regimens on the market is Rodan + Fields. Rodan and Fields eye creams, lotions, serums, and toners have made them #1 in North American and garnered them several awards over the years.
But, a big question on people’s minds is, “Is Rodan and Fields a scam?” They wonder if Rodan and Fields prices, which some find expensive, are worth it for the benefits. Most people don’t mind paying for good results, but ask themselves, “Does Rodan and Fields work as advertised?”
In this AdvisoryHQ News Rodan and Fields review, we’ve researched what goes into their products, their Rodan and Fields before and after results and their clinical studies. We’ll also tell you which famous product was formulated by the same pair that created Rodan and Fields skincare lines.
If you’ve been wondering, “Is Rodan and Fields safe?”, we’ll go through some of the key ingredients and tell you what they do. You’ll also hear from consumer reviews and their Rodan and Fields complaints and compliments.
Wondering about the difference between Rodan and Fields Redefine, Unblemish, Reverse, and Soothe regimens? We’ll break down what each different product line does to give you a better understanding of them and how they help.
Looking for the “ultimate” in Rodan and Fields reviews? You’ve just found it! Read on to learn everything you need to know before buying a Rodan and Fields eye cream, lotion, or full product regimen.
AdvisoryHQ Rodan and Fields Reviews | What is Rodan and Fields?
The Rodan and Fields company is based in San Francisco, CA and was first started back in 2002 by fellow dermatologists, Dr. Katie Rodan and Dr. Kathy Fields, who met during their residency in medical school.
In our Rodan and Fields anti-age review of their product history, we saw that this product line was originally sold in department stores, and purchased by Estee Lauder a year after it came out.
In 2007, the brand was up for grabs, and they required it and set up a multi-level marketing plan, where their Redefine, Reverse, Unblemish, and Soothe skincare products are sold by individual consultants. You can also buy them from the company’s website or places like Amazon and eBay.
Which famous product did Dr. Rodan and Fields invent? It was Proactiv, the well-known anti-acne product line, which is now owned by Guthy-Renker and Nestlé.
How Do Rodan and Fields Eye Cream and Other Product Regimens Work?
What is Rodan and Fields product regimen? The company offers four main lines or “regimens” of products, each with a distinct purpose. Each regimen includes four key products meant to be used together to give you the best results.
Many who ask, “Does Rodan and Fields work?” aren’t sure how long they should use the regimen before expecting to see results. While the company doesn’t give a particular timeframe, a consensus in Rodan and Fields reviews is that it takes about 60 days to use up all the products in a regimen.
The company also has a 60-day money-back guarantee, so if you aren’t happy with your Rodan and Fields before and after results, you can return the products within that time for a refund.
Rodan + Fields Reviews | Their Regimens
It can be a little confusing at first when you’re on their website to do a Rodan + Fields review of their regimens. There are four different product lines, plus add-ons to each that you can include, such as Lash Boost.
Their four regimens are:
Here’s a Rodan and Fields review of what each regimen does. We’ll also include the Rodan and Fields prices for each main regimen and list the add-ons that you can also get in a kit.
Rodan + Fields Redefine
The Redefine regimen is the one to use if you don’t have any particular skin issue, like age spots, acne, or sensitive skin. It’s formulated to defend against and reduce the visible signs of ageing for noticeably firmer, smoother, flawless-looking skin.
The Rodan and Fields cost for their 4-product Redefine regimen for the appearance of lines, pores and loss of firmness is $199.00. Products included are:
- REDEFINE Daily Cleansing Mask
- REDEFINE Pore Minimizing Toner
- REDEFINE Triple Defense Treatment Broad Spectrum SPF 30
- REDEFINE Overnight Restorative Cream
Rodan + Fields Reverse
If you have dark spots you would like to lighten or an uneven skin tone, then the Reverse regimen would be the one you use. It’s made to lighten and brighten skin and help provide an overall even tone, reducing the appearance of age spots or dark spots.
There are two regimens for Reverse, one for brightening and one for lightening. The Rodan and Fields cost for these regimens is $190.00. Products included are:
REVERSE Brightening Regimen for the appearance of skin dullness, discoloration, and uneven skin tone
- REVERSE Deep Exfoliating Wash
- REVERSE Intensive Brightening Toner
- REVERSE Dual Active Brightening Complex
- REVERSE Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ Sunscreen
REVERSE Lightening Regimen for the appearance of stubborn dark marks, patches and age spots
- REVERSE Deep Exfoliating Wash
- REVERSE Skin Lightening Toner
- REVERSE Skin Lightening Treatment
- REVERSE Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ Sunscreen
Rodan + Fields Soothe
In a Rodan and Fields Soothe review, we found it’s made specifically for sensitive skin. If you’re looking to reduce the appearance of redness and soothe dry, irritated skin, this would be the product line for you.
The Rodan and Fields cost for this 4-product regimen for sensitive skin is $170.00. Products included are:
- SOOTHE Gentle Cream Wash
- SOOTHE Sensitive Skin Treatment
- SOOTHE Moisture Replenishing Cream
- SOOTHE Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30
Rodan + Fields Unblemish
For those trying to control acne breakouts, Rodan and Fields Unblemish regimen would be for you. If you’ll remember, the same duo that invented Proactiv also invented Unblemish, and it’s formulated to reduce existing acne and prevent new breakouts.
The Rodan and Fields cost for their 4-product Unblemish regimen for acne, blemishes and breakouts is $180.00. Products included are:
- UNBLEMISH Acne Treatment Sulfur Wash
- UNBLEMISH Clarifying toner
- UNBLEMISH Dual Intensive Acne Treatment
- UNBLEMISH Oil Control Lotion
Rodan + Fields Add-Ons
Some of the Rodan + Fields reviews mention there being so many different products to choose from that it’s confusing. Part of the reason is the add-ons which are bundled with the above 4 regimens in different packages.
For example, in a Rodan and Fields Unblemish review of the product page, there are four different kits you can buy, all with different add-ons. That’s where the question, “Is Rodan and Fields worth it?” starts to come in, because the kits with multiple add-ons can get quite expensive (some are over $350.00).
Here are some of the add-ons that increase Rodan and Fields prices for their regimens:
- ENHANCEMENTS Lash Boost
- ESSENTIALS Instant Makeup Remover Wipes
- Radiant Defense Liquid Brush
- Radiant Defense Perfecting Liquid Broad Spectrum SPF 30
- REDEFINE ACUTE CARE
- REDEFINE AMP MD Derma-Roller
- REDEFINE AMP MD Purification Tablets
- REDEFINE Intensive Renewing Serum
Key Rodan and Fields Ingredients
People wondering if these products are some type of Rodan and Fields scam are very interested in the ingredients they contain. Are they made with things that can really help with skin tone and texture or is it just pseudoscience?
Is Rodan and Fields safe and does Rodan and Fields really work? We’ll take a look at the ingredients in this skin care line next to get some insight.
A positive sign is that Rodan and Fields ingredients are completely disclosed on their website. They don’t hide behind “secret formulation” as some other anti-ageing lines do. They also do appear to be legitimate ingredients, all chosen for the benefits promised.
Here are a few of the key ingredients in Rodan + Fields products, you can find a full listing on their website.
Rodan and Fields Ingredients with Anti-Aging, Smoothing Attributes
- Ethylhexyl Palmitate
- Hydrolyzed Silk
- Retinyl Palmitate
Rodan and Fields Ingredients with Anti-Inflammatory Attributes
- Boswellia Serrata Extract
- Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract
- Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract
- Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract
Rodan and Fields Ingredients with Anti-Blemish Attributes
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice
- Lauryl Glucoside
- Sodium Laureth Sulfate
In Rodan and Fields reviews of the ingredients, they appear to also be commonly used by other skin care companies for similar types of products.
So, is Rodan and Fields a scam when it comes to their formulations?
We would have to say no. Their ingredients look to be well-thought-out for each regimen and ones that can also be found in competitor products.
Rodan and Fields Before and After Results
If you like to see results in photos, then you’ll appreciate this Rodan and Fields anti-age review of their before and after photos and studies. To their credit, the company posts clinical study results for each of their four product regimens.
Rodan and Fields – Before & After
You’ll find Rodan and Fields before and after photos from study participants trying each product line. If you’re wondering, “Does Rodan and Fields work?” or “Is Rodan and Fields worth it?”, the photos would give a compelling argument that they do work, at least for some people.
For each product, there is a different clinical study. We’ll highlight some key results for each regimen below.
Rodan and Fields Redefine Reviews | 8-week Study
- 100% saw improved skin texture
- 91% saw more radiant skin
- 90% saw smoother skin
- 83% saw softer skin
- 80% saw improvement in fine lines, pore size, reduced wrinkles, and skin elasticity
Rodan and Fields Reverse Reviews | 8-week Study
- 92% saw brighter skin
- 92% saw smoother texture
- 84% saw brown spots reduced
- 76% saw more even skin tone
- 60% saw improvement in fine lines
Rodan and Fields Soothe Reviews | 4-week Study
- 56% saw a reduction in visible redness after 5 minutes/67% after 2 weeks
- 80% saw a reduction in skin peeling after 5 minutes and after 2 weeks
- 79% saw a reduction of skin dryness after 5 minutes/74% after 2 weeks
Rodan and Fields Unblemish Reviews | 6-week Study
- 16% saw a decrease in acne after 2 weeks
- 42% saw a decrease in acne after 4 weeks
- 64% saw a decrease in acne after 6 weeks
Rodan and Fields Reviews by Regimen Type
What is Rodan and Fields overall ratings from customer reviews? Is Rodan and Fields worth the money? Here’s where we find out what customers writing Rodan and Fields reviews have to say.
We’ve separated the Rodan and Fields skincare reviews by regimen, so you can jump to the one you’re most interested in and read what customers say about their experiences.
You’ll find both Rodan and Fields complaints and praise from users of their skincare lines. There is also a summary of Rodan and Fields review ratings at the end of the section to see how they fared overall.
Rodan and Fields Skin Care Reviews Ratings
Were there more people that found Rodan and Fields scams or more that love the products? Ratings from Rodan and Fields review sites show that more people give positive ratings for them than negative ones.
- Out of 181 Rodan and Fields reviews on Amazon – 3.4 out of 5
- Out of 131 Rodan and Fields reviews on ConsumerAffairs – 3.6 out of 5
- Out of 640 Rodan and Fields reviews on Influenster – 4.6 out of 5
- Out of 10 Rodan and Fields reviews on MakeupAlley – 3.0 out of 5
Rodan and Fields Redefine Reviews
Positive highlights from customers reviewing Rodan + Fields Redefine include:
- One of the Rodan and Fields skincare reviews on Amazon said they saw a noticeable difference in their skin after using the Redefine products.
- Another happy Rodan and Fields anti-age review said they loved the product and have been using it for months with great results.
Naysayers that gave Rodan and Fields complaints for Redefine include:
- A reviewer said that they experienced more breakouts after using the Redefine product.
- In another Rodan and Fields complaint, the reviewer said it made their skin dry and red and they wished they had just returned it.
Rodan and Fields Reverse Reviews
Positive highlights from Rodan and Fields Reverse include:
- A happy reviewer said they used the Rodan and Fields eye cream and regimen for 6 months and saw their age spots fade away to nearly being gone completely.
- After using the products for just a week, this reviewer could already see a difference and loved the way the products made their skin feel.
Highlights from those that did not like the Reverse products include:
- If asked, “Is Rodan and Fields worth it?” this reviewer would say, “No!” They said the products ruined their skin and even made their hands raw.
- In one of the 1-star Rodan + Fields reviews for Reverse, the reviewer didn’t think it was worth the money and said it didn’t work for them and made their skin itch.
Rodan and Fields Unblemish Reviews
Positive highlights from Rodan and Fields Unblemish reviews include:
- In one of the 5-star Rodan and Fields reviews, the reviewer said they’d used Proactiv for 15 years and switched to Unblemish and their skin loved it.
- A happy mom said the product was amazing and completely cleared up her daughter’s skin. If asked, “Does Rodan and Fields really work?”, she would say, “Absolutely.”
Negative highlights from Rodan and Fields Unblemish reviews include:
- A disappointed Rodan and Fields Unblemish review said the product did not help their skin as expected. They also mentioned the expensive Rodan and Fields price.
- In another negative Rodan and Fields review, the customer said initially the product worked, but then the results seemed to fade and their acne came back.
Rodan and Fields Soothe Reviews
Positive highlights Rodan and Fields Soothe reviews include:
- A husband said that his wife loved the Rodan and Fields product and that it helped with her rosacea.
- In another of the positive Rodan and Fields reviews, the reviewer said the Soothe regimen helped their sensitive skin and made the redness go away for a more even skin tone.
Negative highlights from Rodan and Fields Soothe reviews include:
- An unhappy reviewer thought Soothe must be a Rodan and Fields scam because it made their dry, sensitive skin worse and discolored it.
- Another reviewer said the Soothe products made their skin look oily and they did not feel like it soothed their face at all.
Rodan and Fields Return Policy
How are Rodan and Fields returns handled? Is there any type of guarantee?
The company does offer a 60-day Satisfaction Guarantee allowing you to do a Rodan and Fields return for a refund, minus shipping costs. Here are the details:
- Fill out the return form that is included on your Rodan + Fields invoice, or download one from the website.
- Ship the form and products you’re returning to the address given.
- Be sure to use an insured and trackable shipping method.
- You have to pay the shipping yourself for the Rodan and Fields return.
- You’ll receive an email confirmation within 10-15 business days of the refund.
- Rodan and Fields returns must be done within 60 days of the purchase date.
AdvisoryHQ’s Rodan and Fields Reviews Conclusion
Some of the main questions people ask when considering this skincare line are, “Is Rodan and Fields worth the money?”, “Does Rodan and Fields really work?”, and “Is Rodan and Fields safe?”
The answers are variable, depending on who you ask. While a majority of users that give Rodan and Fields reviews have a favorable opinion of their products, others feel their skin was worse off after using them.
It would seem that some people might have allergic reactions to some of the ingredients. Judging from the reviews, this was most prevalent in the Redefine and Reverse product regimens.
If you’ve been wondering, “Is Rodan and Fields a scam?”, the answer is no. The dermatologists behind the products have an impressive track record with the success of Proactiv. Their clinical studies also show that many people do experience smoother, younger-looking skin or clearer and more even-toned skin.
As with any of these anti-ageing or skin enhancement lotions and serums, they work for some people and not for others. So, your experience may vary from results you see online, either for worse or for better.
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer: Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info. Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.