Intro – Fifth Third Bank Reviews & Ranking
Firms on our top rated lists were selected after they successfully passed AdvisoryHQ’s ground-breaking four-step banks and credit unions selection methodology.
Click here for a step-by-step breakdown of the methodology and selection process used during our Fifth Third Bank review: AdvisoryHQ’s Methodology for Selecting Top Banks and Credit Unions.
Below we have provided a detailed review of Fifth Third Bank, including the specific factors we used in our decision-making process.
Fifth Third Bank Review
Fifth Third Bank traces its roots back to 1858, when its predecessor, the Bank of the Ohio Valley was founded in Cincinnati. It’s a community financial services provider with many locations throughout the US.
Our Fifth Third Bank review of their reach found that they have a network of more than 1,200 full-service Banking Centers and 2,551 ATMs with Fifth Third branding throughout Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Florida, Tennessee, West Virginia, Georgia, and North Carolina.
Fifth Third Bank Review
Some of the service areas and products offered by Fifth Third include mortgages for financing or refinancing a home, education planning, retirement planning, and general personal and business banking options, such as a Fifth Third checking account or savings account.
As one of the top banking firms, Fifth Third has been operating for more than 150 years, making them one of the most longstanding and established banks in ten states across the country.
See Also: What You Should Know About TCF Bank
Key Factors That Led to Our Ranking of Fifth Third Bank as One of the Best Banking Companies
The details below represent some of the reasons Fifth Third was included in this ranking of the top banking firms.
Fifth Third Bank Reviews | Identity Theft Protection
As one of the top banking firms, Fifth Third takes customer security and identity protection very seriously. No one wants their Fifth Third Bank credit card number or other sensitive information used for identity theft.
Two of the protective measures offered by this top bank include:
- Fifth Third Identity Alert®: This protects against major types of identity theft with automatic daily credit monitoring, credit score management tools, up to $25,000 in identity theft insurance, Social Security monitoring, and more.
- Fifth Third Identity Alert Premium®: This program is the most comprehensive protection against ID theft offered by Fifth Third and includes triple bureau daily credit monitoring, up to $1 million in identity theft insurance, child Social Security Number monitoring, and more.
For customers who have a Preferred, Platinum Capital Account or Private Bank Fifth Third checking account, there’s no charge for Fifth Third Identity Alert. For any other Fifth Third checking or Express Banking® Tier 3 account, the net cost is $6/month prior to 12/1/19, and $7/month after that date.
With a Preferred, Platinum Capital Account, or Private Bank Fifth Third checking account, the Premium program is $5 per month, and with any other Fifth Third checking or Express Banking® Tier 3 account, it’s $9/month prior to 12/1/19 and $10/month after that.
Fifth Third Bank Reviews | Overdraft Solutions
Fifth Third customers can select from two primary overdraft options: Fifth Third Extra Time SM and overdraft coverage for debit cards and ATM transactions.
With overdraft coverage, customers have the option of enrolling for their ATM transactions and debit card purchases, and they receive protection even if they don’t have enough money in their account to cover a transaction. This avoids a card transaction being declined.
With Extra Time, you’re given additional time to make a deposit to cover any overdrafts before being subject to overdraft fees. You’re notified if your First Third checking account is overdrawn within one business day and you have until midnight ET to make a deposit to bring your account to 0 and avoid additional fees.
Don’t Miss: U.S. Bank Reviews
Fifth Third Bank Reviews | Preferred Checking
As one of the best banks to work with, Fifth Third offers high-level services for certain clients, including their signature Preferred Checking®.
Members of the Preferred Program enjoy premium banking, investment advice and guidance, and insurance solutions.
Some of the many benefits of participation in this program include:
- Preferred banking rates
- No ATM fees in the U.S. (limit of 1o/month)
- High-yield interest checking
- Complimentary services including custom checks, cashier’s checks, and more
- Complimentary Fifth Third Identity Alert
- Complimentary safe deposit box
- Complimentary World Debit™ MasterCard® Fifth Third Bank credit card
- Discounts on comprehensive credit monitoring
- Discounted self-directed online trades
- Access to a dedicated Preferred Banker
Fifth Third Bank Review | Debit Cards
Usually you have to get a credit card to get perks because debit cards at top banking firms don’t generally have many ‘bells and whistles.” However, our Fifth Third Bank review found quite a few distinctive debit card options, including:
- World Debit™ MasterCard® that allows users to earn points automatically
- Professional Debit MasterCard® used to separate business and personal transactions
- Access 360° Reloadable Prepaid Debit Card which offers a simplified way to manage a budget
- Specialty Designs give you the ability to put your personality on your debit card
- Contactless debit card that allows you to pay by just tapping your card on an enabled terminal
Fifth Third Bank Reviews | Credit Cards
For those that are looking to secure a Fifth Third Bank credit card, this is one of the best banking companies that gives you three comprehensive options.
You can choose from one of the following:
- A TRIO® Credit Card which allows you to earn between 1% to 3% cash back on purchases.
- The Truly Simple® Credit Card is designed to make saving easy with a 0% introductory APR for the first 15 billing cycles.
- A Secured Card for those wishing to build or rebuild their credit with a $300 refundable opening deposit.
Related: Citibank Ranking and Review
As one of the best banking companies, Fifth Third Bank provides clients with a wide range of financial solutions, including personal banking, business banking, insurance, investments, and financial planning.
Fifth Third Bank also has a rich legacy of serving the community and was the first financial institution in the United States to establish a charitable foundation.
With industry accolades for supporting diversity and those with disabilities and a full suite of personal and private banking services, Fifth Third Bank earns a 5-star rating as one of the top banking firms.
In addition to reviewing the above Fifth Third Bank review, you can click on any of the links below to browse exclusive reviews of AdvisoryHQ’s top-rated banking & credit union firms:
Rate Table Disclaimer
Click here to read AdvisoryHQ’s disclaimer on the rate table(s) displayed on this page.
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer: Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info. Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.