Primeway FCU – 2020-2021 Review & Ranking
AdvisoryHQ recently reviewed the top credit unions in Houston, Texas. Each credit union that was reviewed demonstrates excellence in quality, provides exceptional service, offers a wide range of products, and affords a high level of convenience to its customers.
Included in this list is PrimeWay Federal Credit Union.
Below, we have provided a detailed review of PrimeWay Federal Credit Union and the specific factors we used in our decision-making process.
Click here for a detailed review of AdvisoryHQ’s selection methodology: AdvisoryHQ’s Methodology for Selecting Top Banks and Credit Unions.
PrimeWay Federal Credit Union Review
PrimeWay Federal Credit Union was founded in 1937 and is dedicated to offering superior financial services to members in the Houston area. Their mission is to make PrimeWay a place where people love to work and love to do business.
Best Credit Unions in Houston, Texas – 2020-2021
They have seven retail banking centers and are part of the Allpoint ATM and Money Pass ATM networks, offering members over 55,000 fee-free ATMs around the world.
Eligible account holders include those who live, work or attend church or school in the City of Houston or Washington or Fort Bend counties, as well as most of Harris County. Certain employee groups are also eligible for membership.
Key Factors That Enabled This Credit Union to Rank as a Top Credit Union in Houston
Comprehensive Checking Options
PrimeWay offers three types of checking accounts for members to choose from, these are:
- eChecking: This account has no minimum balance requirement, no monthly service charge, and no per-check charges. It also comes with online banking and mobile banking access.
- Premier Checking: This account requires a $1,000 opening deposit that must be maintained at the same level to avoid a monthly fee. This account offers free standard checks and has the potential to earn dividends.
- Youth Checking: Three levels of youth accounts are designed to assist pre-teens, teens, and college students with managing their finances. They also include a Good Grades Program.
All PrimeWay checking accounts can be opened with just a $25 deposit and they give account holders 24/7 access to manage their money through online banking and PrimeWay mobile apps.
Don’t Miss: Houston Texas Fire Fighters Federal Credit Union
For individuals looking to save and grow their money, this top Houston credit union offers a variety of savings accounts and savings products. These include:
- Primary Savings: This account can be used to establish your PrimeWay membership and it earns steady dividends on your balance (minimum $100 balance to earn dividends).
- Holiday Savings: You can save for the holidays and earn dividends at the same time with the Holiday Savings account. You need to have a minimum $100 balance to earn interest. Withdrawals and transfers between November 1st and December 31st and penalty-free.
- Youth Savings: Two savings accounts for the younger crowd, include Kids Savings for ages 0-12 and Student Savings for ages 13-22. Account members can participate in the Good Grades Program.
Other savings vehicles at this top Houston credit union include:
- Money Market Account: Part savings and part checking, this account allows you to earn returns and also have access to your money.
- IRAs: Plan for retirement and get tax advantages through Roth, and other types of IRAs.
- Certificate of Deposit (CD): A risk-free investment that pays dividends. You can start with as little as a $500 deposit.
All-in-One Change Management Tools
Top Rated Toolkit for Change Managers.
Get Your Change Management Tool Today...
Loans & Insurance
PrimeWay offers several private and business loans available for members to apply for, including:
- Auto loans
- Secured/signature loans
- Home equity loans
They also offer a “Skip-a-Pay” program, which allows members that need to free up some cash to pay $25 and skip a loan payment.
PrimeWay Insurance Agency has a wide selection of insurance products as well, including auto, life, home, and health insurance.
PrimeWay makes their members and employees a priority, which shows in their high level of personalized customer service. This is a top credit union in Houston to go to for any financial needs you may have, including checking, loans, investment, or insurance.
With a comprehensive website and a customer-centric focus, PrimeWay Federal Credit Union is one of the best Houston credit unions to consider and earns a 5-star rating.
To browse exclusive reviews of all top-rated credit unions in Houston, Texas, please click on any of the links below:
- BP Federal Credit Union
- Cy-Fair Federal Credit Union
- First Community Credit Union
- First Service Credit Union
- Harris County Federal Credit Union
- Houston Police Federal Credit Union
- Houston Texas Fire Fighters
- JSC Federal Credit Union
- Members Choice Credit Union
- Memorial Credit Union
- People’s Trust Federal Credit Union
- Primeway Federal Credit Union
- Smart Financial Credit Union
- Texas Bay Credit Union
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.