Pinnacle Financial Advisors Review
Pinnacle Financial Advisors provides fee-only financial planning and wealth management services to families, professionals, executives, and business owners.
Its key principals are Harry Scheyer and Jeff Metz (both have been fee-only, NAPFA-registered financial advisors since 1995).
Most of the firm’s clients are high-net-worth (HNW) individuals with over $1 million in investable assets.
How Did Pinnacle Financial Advisors Start?
Pinnacle Financial Advisors was formed in 1991 by Harry Scheyer and Jeff Metz.
The firm has grown over the years and has integrated life planning into its financial planning and investment management practice.
Pinnacle Financial Advisors has been recognized as being among the best financial advisors by Medical Economics, Worth magazine, SmartCEO, and Philadelphia magazine. Its team members have deep roots in the Philadelphia and South Jersey area and are active volunteers in the community.
- Best Money Market Rates | Money Market Accounts with High Rates
- Best CD Interest Rates – Ranking Comparison
- Best Banks to Bank With in the US
What We Like About Pinnacle Financial Advisors
1. Pinnacle Financial Advisors is fee-only: As independent, fee-only advisors, the firm does not sell any financial products nor is it beholden to any financial institution. It has no vested interest in the investments it recommends other than to ensure that all recommendations meet its clients’ objectives and needs.
Image Source: Pinnacle Financial Advisors Review
In addition, as a Registered Investment Advisor, the firm has a fiduciary obligation to work exclusively for the benefit of its clients. The only compensation the firm receives is from the quarterly fees its clients pay for its Wealth to Life planning and investment management. It does not receive any commissions, markups, spreads, referral fees or any soft dollar income. As a fee-only advisor, the firm’s interests are in perfect alignment with those of its clients.
2. Pinnacle Financial Advisors is about more than finance: The firm has an innovative approach to wealth management called Wealth to Life. Its approach is simple yet profound. The Wealth to Life discovery approach attempts to uncover a client’s essential life vision, enabling the firm to structure a financial plan that supports that client’s life goals.
3. Pinnacle Financial Advisors has a program designed especially for business owners. The Seven Step Exit Planning Process is a proven comprehensive process that addresses all of the elements required to create a successful exit plan for the owners of businesses.
4. Pinnacle Financial Advisors has caught the eye of the financial press. The firm has been cited by several reputable publications including SmartCEO and South Jersey Biz magazines.
5. Account Protection: Pinnacle Financial Advisors does not have custody of cash or bank accounts or securities accounts that constitute client funds. The firm employs a variety of institutions as custodians for client assets.
6. Pinnacle Financial Advisors is a wealth management university: The firm’s information resources are expansive. The firm publishes its investment outlook in a newsletter; it also disseminates a tax planning bulletin, an exit planning newsletter, and white papers on a variety of wealth management issues. In addition, Pinnacle hosts its Knowledge Center, with links to a plethora of online financial resources.
7. Pinnacle Financial Advisors does not provide any services for performance-based fees (i.e., there are no fees based on a share of capital gains or capital appreciation of a client’s assets) nor does the firm engage in side-by-side management. Side-by-side management occurs when the same portfolio manager simultaneously makes investment decisions for a registered investment company and a private fund. The potential conflicts of interest arise because managers of private funds earn performance fees while managers of registered investment companies typically do not.
Pinnacle Financial Advisors Address Information
- The American Executive Center, Two Bala Plaza, Suite 300, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004-1573
- Tel: 800-504-5040
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.