Do You Need an OptionsHouse Promo Code for all Offers?
Consumers that are interested in opening an account with OptionsHouse frequently search for “OptionsHouse promo code” and “commission-free OptionsHouse promotion code.”
However, is an OptionsHouse promotion code needed for you to qualify for all of the promotions being offered by OptionsHouse?
The answer is no.
Image source: Pixabay
In addition to the promotions that require a promo code, OptionsHouse provides an impressive number of free trade offers, cash rebates, and other valuable promotions so you don’t really need a promo code for all of these.
Current Promotions at OptionsHouse
Free Trading Promotion (Promo Code Offer)
OptionsHouse’s offer of commission-free stock and option trading for 60 days is a limited-time offer.
With this offer, you’ll be able to trade 100 times (within 60 days) without having to pay any commission. After 100 trades or after the 60th day, you’ll be charged commission for every trade you make.
This100 commission-free OptionsHouse promotion is only valid for new customers. In addition, you’ll need to open one of the accounts listed below and fund it with a minimum of $5,000 within 60 days of the account opening.
- Individual account
- Joint account
- IRA OptionsHouse account
The 100 commission-free trades will apply only for stock or options trades that are executed online.
OptionsHouse Promo Codes
Here are the OptionsHouse promo codes for this offer. Try the second one if the first one has expired.
After entering your information on the account opening form, you’ll need to click “yes” on the section that asks, “Do you have a promotion code?” and then you’ll need to enter one of the promo codes into the box below the “Do you have a promotion code?” row.
OptionsHouse used to have a 150 commission-free trades promo, but this offer expired many months ago.
In addition to the United States, OptionsHouse also accepts applications from residents that are located in the regions listed below:
- The United Kingdom
- Hong Kong
Refer a Friend Promotion
In addition to the commission-free promo discussed above, OptionsHouse offers a “refer your friends” promotional offer.
Image source: Pixabay
Get your choice of one of the below offers if you refer someone who ends up opening and funding an account:
- 30 commission-free trades or
- $150 Amazon gift card
How it works:
- You fill out a form similar to the one below and enter your friend’s email.
- OptionsHouse will then email your friend.
- Your friend will need to click on the referral link sent to them to open an OptionsHouse account.
- After opening an account, the friend will need to deposit least $1,000 within 30 days of opening the account.
- Upon completing the above steps, you’ll be provided with the 30 commission-free trades or $150 Amazon gift card offer.
Click below to open account to refer your friends and earn $150 or 30 commission-free trades.
$100 ACAT Cash Credit Offer
With the $100 ACAT cash credit promotion, OptionsHouse will offer you $100 to cover any transfer fees you might incur when you move your stock, option or mutual fund holdings from another broker to OptionsHouse via an ACAT (account transfer).
- Move at least $5,000 worth of securities from another brokerage firm.
- Complete a full account transfer from the other brokerage firm. This must be completed within 30 days of completing your OptionsHouse application.
To activate the offer:
- After qualifying, call OptionsHouse at 1-877-598-3190.
- Tell them that you’d like to apply the $100 ACAT cash credit offer (if asked for a promo code, provide this one: ACAT100REFUND).
After activating the offer, OptionsHouse will apply a credit of $100 to your account, an event that will be completed within 60 days of the account transfer.
Click here to open your new account and get the $100 ACAT cash credit. Don’t forget to combine this offer with the 60 days commission-free promo code discussed in the section above.
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.