Introduction: How to Find the Most Affordable Car Insurance?
Owning a car is an expensive ordeal for anyone. Finding a loan from a bank or financing the car yourself with the dealer will usually be one of the largest purchases you make outside of mortgaging a home. Taking time to find affordable auto insurance might not be on the top of everyone’s list, but it is an important and necessary step that can save you hundreds of dollars every year.
Not all affordable auto insurance companies offer the same deals, and the most affordable car insurance might not offer you the protection you need or deserve. Searching the market for the most affordable auto insurance, then, isn’t as easy as it seems.
In this brief article, AdvisoryHQ will explain in detail all you need to know about finding the best affordable car insurance. We will begin by explaining why you should search for affordable car insurance and get several affordable car insurance quotes before settling on any option.
We then look at the top features and characteristics of the best affordable auto insurance. Everyone is interested in saving money, so we draw up an example to see how much money you might be able to save with good, affordable car insurance.
We also examine what factors might affect the affordable insurance quotes that you get from the different affordable auto insurance companies out there. Finally, we look at some of the top affordable car insurance companies on the market as well recommend a few websites where you can find affordable auto insurance quotes.
Why Should You Take Time to Search for Affordable Car Insurance or Get Affordable Car Insurance Quotes?
The best affordable car insurance can be hard to come by. While many companies do offer quality service, some affordable auto insurance companies are notorious for jacking up the prices on your insurance for every small fender bender that you might have.
Taking the time to search for affordable insurance quotes is also important depending on your personal situation, your history as a driver, the number of individual drivers you plan to cover, and a whole host of other important factors that can affect the price of the best affordable car insurance that you choose.
While some affordable car insurance companies might very well offer affordable auto insurance for adults, they may charge you triple the price if you want to add your 16-year-old son or daughter to the family plan. Similarly, some companies may offer the most affordable car insurance for simple liability plans, but they will charge you heavily for more complete coverage options.
Finding the best affordable car insurance for you will depend on a number of factors that we will review below. Taking the time to review the most affordable car insurance and get several affordable insurance quotes can save you important money in the long run while getting you the best coverage you need.
All-in-One Change Management Tools
Top Rated Toolkit for Change Managers.
Get Your Change Management Tool Today...
What Features to Look for in the Best Affordable Auto Insurance
Affordable auto insurance companies are trying to make money, which is understandable. However, when searching for affordable car insurance, it is important to look for companies that will be open and transparent with you regarding your options. A simple liability plan might have you only paying $50 a month, while a full coverage options could be ten times that much.
The best affordable car insurance will also be offered by affordable car insurance companies that have a long-standing, reputable financial reputation. Before purchasing any type of affordable auto insurance, it is important to check your state’s department of insurance website to see if the company is licensed to offer insurance. You can find that information at the National Association of Insurance Commissioners here.
It is also a good idea to check on the company’s reputation by checking the Better Business Bureau. This independent organization rates companies from A to F based on their business practices and consumer reviews. Obviously, you have a much better chance finding the most affordable car insurance from companies that are highly ranked by the BBB.
Lastly, if you plan to have the same affordable auto insurance with the same provider for several years, it might be a good idea to search for affordable car insurance companies that offer good driver reward programs. Even if you don’t qualify for the best rate initially, the most affordable auto insurance should allow you a path to lower your premiums over time if you are a safe and responsible driver.
The Most Affordable Car Insurance Quotes
How Much Money Could You Save with Good Affordable Car Insurance?
Let’s imagine two scenarios to compare affordable car insurance quotes. A 19-year-old driver in New York City is trying to find the most affordable car insurance. She has never had an accident but is a younger driver who lives in a big city where accidents occur with greater frequency and where car theft and vandalism occur regularly.
At the dealership, she is trying to choose between a Cadillac Escalade and a Ford Focus. While the Escalade does offer greater safety features due to its size, the higher the horsepower on a car, the higher the insurance quote might very well be. Furthermore, according to KBB.com, the Escalade was the number one stolen vehicle in the United States in 2008, while the Focus was the sixth least stolen car that same year.
Though there are a number of factors to consider when purchasing a car, finding a car that will also allow you get affordable auto insurance should play into your decision-making process.
By opting for the Ford Focus over the Cadillac Escalade, our 19-year-old driver could save hundreds of dollars in insurance premiums. Furthermore, if her parents still live in the area, she might be able to find the best affordable car insurance by signing up for a family plan together with her parents as well.
What Factors Will Affect the Affordable Insurance Quotes You Get from Affordable Auto Insurance Companies?
There are a number of different features that will affect the affordable auto insurance quotes that you receive. Below, we list four of the most important aspects affecting the affordable car insurance quotes that you can get.
- The type of car that you drive: The safety features on the different cars on the market will drastically affect the different affordable insurance quotes that you can get. Affordable auto insurance will be much easier to find if you drive a vehicle that has scored high on vehicle safety ratings.
- Your coverage and deductibles: Almost every state will require you to have at least liability insurance. The amount you end up paying for affordable auto insurance will depend on what that minimum amount of insurance is that you need. While the most affordable car insurance you can get only gets you liability coverage, you can elect to get additional coverage that will push up the price of your affordable car insurance but also keep you better covered.
- Where you live: If you live in an area where crime is prevalent and car theft is an everyday problem, chances are that it will be quite a bit more difficult to find the best affordable car insurance. Generally speaking, people who live in big cities have a harder time finding the most affordable auto insurance than their rural counterparts.
- Your driving record and your age: If you’ve caused a number of accidents over the course of your driving career, it will be much more difficult to find good affordable car insurance than drivers with a clean record. Additionally, younger drivers typically don’t qualify for the best affordable auto insurance until they’ve proven themselves as good drivers.
What Are Some of the Most Affordable Car Insurance Companies Out There?
The most affordable car insurance will depend on a number of features. In some cases, the best affordable auto insurance might be found by a local company that just works in your community. In other circumstances, you might qualify for the most affordable car insurance offered by larger, nationally known insurance companies. Below, we list the most affordable car insurance companies offering the best affordable car insurance.
- GEICO: Chances are that you have heard of GEICO from the numerous commercials featuring a talking gecko. GEICO offers some of the most affordable car insurance on the market. It also offers a good driver discount for people who have maintained a clean driving record for at least five years. They also offer free quotes on their website that you can access by simply inputting your zip code and other basic information.
- State Farm: The insurance giant State Farm also offers some of the best affordable car insurance out there. The affordable auto insurance that they offer is personalized for your own driving needs and driving history. You might be able to quality for up to a 40% discount based on your particular situation. You can also easily manage any claims directly on their website with the help of quality customer service agents.
- Progressive: With Progressive, safe drivers can qualify for the best affordable car insurance out there. With no accidents or tickets over the past three years, your car insurance premium will be significantly lower. Additionally, affordable auto insurance with Progressive also comes with multi-car discounts, making this a great option for families who have several cars and younger drivers.
Most Affordable Car Insurance Companies Out There
Where to Find Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes
Instead of visiting each and every page of individual affordable auto insurance companies, you can save time and might be able to find better and more affordable auto insurance quotes by searching on websites that do the work for you.
There are several websites that will search for the most affordable auto insurance quotes for you. Below, we offer a brief review of the top two websites that can help you find the most affordable car insurance for you and your family.
- TheZebra.com: The Zebra is a website that specializes in helping you find affordable auto insurance. This website will gather you quotes from over 200 different car insurance companies. With so many different companies to choose from, you will surely be able to find the best affordable car insurance. Additionally, with TheZebra.com, you can customize your coverage and get quotes for the type of coverage you most need.
- Esurance.com: This website is another great (and free) tool to help you find the best affordable car insurance. You can easily get affordable insurance quotes and compare rates side-by-side with this easy-to-use website.
Conclusion – The Best Affordable Car Insurance to Save You Money While Keeping You Protected
Getting the best affordable car insurance should be a top priority for every driver. While some people may think that good, affordable car insurance is only available to those who have quality driving records, everyone can save money by taking the time to get affordable insurance quotes.
The most affordable car insurance will depend on a number of different factors, including where you live, the type of car you drive, your age, and your driving history. The type of coverage that you want will also determine what type of affordable auto insurance you can get.
The best affordable auto insurance is obtainable for anyone as long as they make the effort to search the internet. With so many websites that can help you find the best affordable car insurance, finding affordable auto insurance has never been so easy.
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.