Intro – Members 1st Federal Credit Union Reviews & Ranking
AdvisoryHQ recently published its list and review of the top credit unions in Pennsylvania, a list that included Members 1st Federal Credit Union.
Below we have highlighted some of the many reasons Members 1st Federal Credit Union was selected as one of the best credit unions in Pennsylvania.
Click here for a detailed review of AdvisoryHQ’s selection methodology: AdvisoryHQ’s Methodology for Selecting Top Banks and Credit Unions.
Members 1st Federal Credit Union Review
Established in 1950, Members 1st Federal Credit Union is a member-owned financial institution serving Southwestern Pennsylvania. This credit union in PA serves more than 300,000 members across a seven-county area. They have more than 50 convenient branch locations, including branches located with several area schools and in local supermarkets.
Members 1st Federal Credit Union is a full-service Pennsylvania credit union that offers members an array of financial products, including loan products and services, deposit account products, electronic and mobile services, and card services. They also offer business services such as business loans, business deposit services, and merchant services.
Key Factors Leading Us to Rank This Firm as One of This Year’s Top Credit Union Firms
Upon completing our detailed review, Members 1st Federal Credit Union was included in AdvisoryHQ’s ranking of this year’s best credit unions based on the following factors.
Image Source: Members 1st Federal Credit Union
Members 1st FCU Review: Student Choice Line of Credit
Members 1st Federal Credit Union realizes that financing an undergraduate education becomes even more costly with each passing year. This credit union in Pennsylvania knows that there are often gaps between a student’s aid package and the actual cost of their degree.
That is why they offer the Credit Union Student Choice Certified Undergraduate Private Education Line of Credit to help students close the gap between their financial aid and the actual cost of their education. The Credit Union Student Choice is an innovative student loan organization formed by credit unions all over the United States.
When a student applies for this program through Members 1st FCU, the credit union becomes the student’s lender. This top credit union in PA charges no loan origination fees for this special student line of credit.
Specifics of the program are:
- Currently available for undergraduate loans only
- A co-borrower may be used
- Student must be 18 years of age or older and enrolled at least half time in an undergraduate degree program
- Only available for those attending certified schools
- 20-year term for loans under $40,000 and 25-year term for loans exceeding $40,000
- Minimum loan amount of $1,000 and maximum loan amount of $75,000
- Repayment begins six months after graduation or separation
- Borrower must be a primary member of the credit union with an account in good standing
All-in-One Change Management Tools
Top Rated Toolkit for Change Managers.
Get Your Change Management Tool Today...
Members 1st FCU Review: Checking Account Options
Members 1st Federal Credit Union offers two great checking account options to choose from. By offering two options, they empower their members to do what works best for their own personal banking preferences and needs.
Checking account options at this Pennsylvania credit union are:
- Free Checking: comes with no statement fees and requires enrollment in eStatements and eNotices
- Rewards Checking: $1 monthly statement fee
Both of these stellar checking accounts feature:
Image Source: Members 1st Federal Credit Union
Members 1st FCU Review: Business Services
When it comes to their Business Services offerings, Members 1st FCU’s only goal is to help the businesses that they serve reach their financial goals. This best credit union in PA is staffed with Business Services professionals who can assist their business members with all of their business banking needs.
Members 1st FCU’s dedicated team understands the local market because it is their home, too, giving them a hometown advantage. Business services offered at this Pennsylvania credit union are:
- Business lending: commercial real estate loans, equipment financing, lines of credit, business convenience line of credit, and business Visa credit card
- Business deposits: business checking, regular savings account, money management account
- ACH origination: streamlines processing efforts and simplifies payroll processing
- Merchant services: provides a secure and easy way to process credit and debit card payments
- Payroll services: simplifies the complexities of payroll and tax filing
In addition to the above Members 1st Federal Credit Union review, you can click on any of the links below to browse exclusive reviews of AdvisoryHQ’s top rated banking firms & credit unions:
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.