Intro – KeyBank Reviews & Ranking
KeyBank was recently ranked and reviewed by AdvisoryHQ as a top rated bank. Firms on our top rated lists were selected after they successfully passed AdvisoryHQ’s ground-breaking four-step banks and credit unions selection methodology.
Click here for a step-by-step breakdown of the methodology and selection process used during our KeyBank review: AdvisoryHQ’s Methodology for Selecting Top Banks and Credit Unions.
The KeyBank reviews below provide a detailed review of KeyBank, including some of the factors used by AdvisoryHQ News in its ranking and selection of KeyBank.
KeyBank has a history spanning more than 160 years, a presence in 15 states, and currently maintains over 1,200 branches.
KeyBank was selected as one of the best banking firms because of its strong presence of branches and corporate bank offices as well as its community-driven service.
KeyBank was founded in Albany, and its network now spans to states including Ohio, Oregon, Maine, and Washington. KeyBank currently maintains assets of $136.5 billion and has more than 18,000 full-time employees across the country.
In 2016, KeyBank acquired First Niagara Financial Group, solidifying its position as one of the largest and best banks in Buffalo, NY.
Photo courtesy of: Key Bank
Key Factors Leading Us to Rank This Firm as One of This Year’s Top Banking Firms
Upon completing our KeyBank reviews, KeyBank was included in AdvisoryHQ’s ranking of this year’s best banking firms based on the following factors.
KeyBank Review: Relationship Rewards
KeyBank’s Relationship Rewards program is an offering that lets account holders earn points on everyday transactions and actions, such as using online Bill Pay or making purchases on their eligible credit or debit card.
To earn points, participants can enroll for their debit card transactions, which include one rewards point for every $6 spent on qualifying signature debit net purchases and PIN/POS net purchases. There is no monthly maximum.
KeyBank also offers the Key2More Rewards MasterCard Credit Card, with five rewards points for every $1 in eligible purchases and no monthly maximum. Credit card users also receive a monthly reward bonus of 25- 50% for spending $1,000-$2,000+ each month.
Cardholders can also earn up to 10,000 rewards points after 5 purchases within the first two months after opening the card.
KeyBank Review: Awards and Recognition
Along with superior products and customer service, KeyBank excels as one of the top banks in New York throughout the state because of its many awards and recognitions.
Some of the recent honors received by this leader among the best banking firms include:
- KeyBank has been a two-time recipient of the Black EOE Journal’s “Best of the Best” award for outstanding supplier diversity outreach and accessibility for minority and female populations.
- DiversityInc has ranked KeyBank six times on its list of the “Top Ten Companies for Supplier Diversity.”
- KeyBank has received eight consecutive “Outstanding” rankings for lending under the Community Reinvestment Act.
- This bank has been the recipient of the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Large 7(a) Lender of the Year Award.
- KeyBank has been a past recipient of the Civic 50 Award for America’s most community-minded organizations.
All-in-One Change Management Tools
Top Rated Toolkit for Change Managers.
Get Your Change Management Tool Today...
KeyBank Review: Checking Account Options
KeyBank has many checking account options to appeal to a wide variety of financial needs and wants. Some of its checking account products from this top New York bank include:
- Hassle-Free Account: This option has no monthly maintenance service charge, and to participate in the Relationship Rewards program, there is a $40 annual fee, but this is optional.
- Express Checking Account: This account carries a low fee of $7 for monthly maintenance service charges, but this can be waived if you make a certain amount of deposits or transactions per statement cycle.
- Key Advantage Checking Account: This is an account that includes benefits such as reimbursement of some non-Key ATM surcharges and discounts on loans and lines of credit.
- Key Privilege: This particular checking account features free checks, is interest bearing, and offers preferred pricing on CDs.
Other checking account options include the Key Student Checking Accounts and the Key Privilege Select Checking Account.
KeyBank Review: KeyBank Latitude Credit Card
The KeyBank Latitude℠ Card is one of the signature credit card options available from KeyBank – a top pick for the best banks. The Latitude Card lets customers manage their credit card debt with lower and more affordable interest rates.
Features of the card include no annual fee and a special low introductory purchase and balance transfer APR of 0% for the first 15 billing cycles.
This MasterCard includes benefits such as price assurance coverage, identity theft resolution services, travel assistance, and MasterCard Concierge services.
Photo courtesy of: KeyBank
In addition to reviewing the above KeyBank review, you can click on any of the links below to browse exclusive reviews of AdvisoryHQ’s top rated banking & credit union firms:
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.