Intro – Kentucky Bank Reviews & Ranking
AdvisoryHQ recently published its list and review of the top banking firms in Kentucky, a list that included Kentucky Bank.
Below we have highlighted some of the many reasons Kentucky Bank was selected as one of the best banking firms in Kentucky.
Click here for a detailed review of AdvisoryHQ’s selection methodology: AdvisoryHQ’s Methodology for Selecting Top Banks and Credit Unions.
Kentucky Bank Review
Headquartered in Paris, Kentucky, Kentucky Bank is a locally owned and publicly traded financial institution located in 11 Kentucky communities. A community bank at heart, this top bank in Kentucky has been providing financial products and services to Kentuckians since 1851.
Kentucky Bank currently serves its customers across 17 full service banking branch locations. Backed by more than $991 million in assets, Kentucky Bank has built a strong financial foundation on which to serve its customers’ financial needs.
Image source: Bigstock
Key Factors Leading Us to Rank This Firm as One of This Year’s Top Banking Firms
Upon completing our detailed review, Kentucky Bank was included in AdvisoryHQ’s ranking of this year’s best banking firms based on the following factors.
Kentucky Bank Review: PaySmart Checking Plan
Image source: PaySmart Checking
PaySmart Checking is a plan that is available to existing Kentucky Bank checking account holders who have had their existing account open for at least 96 days.
The plan offers customers the opportunity to have a checking account with no overdraft fees ever, so they won’t have to worry about going into the negative and racking up costly fees. In addition, customers at this top bank in Kentucky who switch their checking account to the PaySmart Checking Plan will be set up with a line of credit up to $1,000 with no credit check required.
Plan benefits include the following:
- Checking with no bank overdraft fees ever
- No minimum balance
- Customers can continue to use their existing debit card and checks
- Online statements available
- 15% APR on lines of credit
- See line availability in seconds, no sign up fee
- Free to transfer funds with online banking and telebanking
- Re-borrow funds as needed up to the credit limit
- Monthly payments assure the customer is in control
Kentucky Bank Review: Flexible Savings Options
Kentucky Bank offers a variety of savings options to fit every customers’ savings needs. From long-term savings options to basic savings accounts and accounts for saving for a certain occasion, this best bank in Kentucky offers it all.
Savings options available at Kentucky Bank are as follows:
- Basic Savings: a basic savings account perfect for getting customers started on a savings program, $50 minimum opening deposit
- .Com Savings: a savings account that can be opened and managed online, $50 minimum opening deposit
- Savings Advantage: for customers who want to earn a higher interest rate without a long-term commitment, $10,000 minimum to open
- Health Savings Account: a tax-advantaged medical savings account available to customers who are enrolled in a High Deductible Health Plan, $50 minimum opening deposit
- Triple Crown Savers: a savings account geared towards kids, $50 minimum opening deposit
- Christmas Club: a good way to save specifically for expenses around the holiday season, $5 minimum opening deposit
- College Savers Fund: used to build funds for college, rate changes in conjunction with the US EE Bond rate every six months, $25 minimum opening deposit
- Individual Retirement Account: tax-deferred retirement savings plan with a wide range of maturities, $100 minimum opening deposit
- Certificate of Deposit: guaranteed investment return over a specific term, interest rate varies by term, $2,500 minimum opening deposit
Kentucky Bank Review: UChoose Rewards
UChoose Rewards is a service of Kentucky Bank and an optional rewards program where customers of this top Kentucky bank can earn points for using their Kentucky Bank credit and debit cards.
Points are easy to earn: customers simply shop using their debit and credit card as they normally do and watch the points rack up. Points can then be redeemed for items from a large online catalogue or for cash back.
All Kentucky Bank credit cards and debit cards linked to a Smart or Opportunity checking account are eligible for the UChoose Reward program.
In addition to reviewing the above Kentucky Bank review, you can click on any of the links below to browse exclusive reviews of AdvisoryHQ’s top rated banking firms & credit unions:
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.