Intro—KEMBA Financial Credit Union Reviews & Ranking
KEMBA Financial Credit Union was recently ranked and reviewed by AdvisoryHQ as a top-rated credit union. Firms on our top-rated lists were selected after they successfully passed AdvisoryHQ’s ground-breaking four-step banks and credit unions selection methodology.
Click here for a step-by-step breakdown of the methodology and selection process used during our KEMBA Financial Credit Union review: AdvisoryHQ’s Methodology for Selecting Top Banks and Credit Unions.
The KEMBA Financial Credit Union review below provides a detailed assessment, including some of the factors used by AdvisoryHQ News in its ranking and selection of KEMBA Financial Credit Union.
KEMBA Financial Credit Union Review
KEMBA Financial Credit Union was founded in 1933 to serve employees of the Kroger Company. Today, this credit union continues to serve Kroger employees along with more than 175 other area companies as well as those who live in Franklin, Delaware, Madison, Logan, Fairfield, Licking, and Union counties.
KEMBA Financial currently serves more than 86,000 members from 10 full-service branch locations across central Ohio. KEMBA Financial recently celebrated a milestone when they reached more than $1 billion in assets. They are continually recognized as a statewide leader in the credit union industry.
KEMBA Financial Credit Union is among the best credit unions for member returns, returning an impressive $6.1 million to members in 2015 and being recognized as the top-ranked credit union in central Ohio in returns to members by Callahan and Associates.
Image Source: KEMBA Financial Credit Union
Key Factors Leading Us to Rank This Firm as One of This Year’s Top Credit Union Firms
Upon completing our detailed reviews, KEMBA Financial Credit Union was included in AdvisoryHQ’s ranking of this year’s best credit unions based on the following factors.
KEMBA Financial Credit Union Review: Student Loans
KEMBA Financial realizes that there are often gaps between the amount of financial aid awarded to college students and the actual cost of attending. To help fill in the gaps, KEMBA Financial offers several student loan programs for students and their parents to take advantage of.
Student loans offered by KEMBA Financial Credit Union are:
- Undergraduate Private student loans: for students attending a degree-granting institution
- Graduate MBA student loans: for those pursuing a graduate degree
- Private Student Loan consolidation: for graduates looking to consolidate their undergraduate loans
- PLUS Refi loan: for graduates and their parents looking to refinance their government loans
Student loans come with many great benefits:
- Low interest rates
- No origination or payoff fees
- Flexible repayment options
- Online application process
- Line of credit available
- Co-borrower release option
- Loans cover the cost of tuition, fees, room and board, and books
KEMBA Financial Credit Union Review: Business Loans
KEMBA Financial Credit Union is dedicated to helping local business owners bring their ideas to life. In that vein, they offer several business lending options for businesses to choose from.
Business loans available from this best credit union in Ohio are:
- Business Term loan: fixed or variable rate, amortizations up to 7 years, get a loan up to $1.25 million
- Revolving Line of Credit: finance any general business purpose, access with business checking account, variable rate
- Commercial Real Estate loan: purchase, refinance, or construct commercial property, loans up to $7.5 million, amortizations up to 20 years, flexible terms
KEMBA Financial Credit Union Review: Flexible Checking Account Options
KEMBA Financial Credit Union offers a variety of checking account options to suit the needs of all of their members. Whether a member is looking for checking that is simple and free or is seeking someone to give them a second chance at a checking account, this top credit union has what they are looking for.
Checking account options are:
- Hassle-free Checking: no monthly fees when requirements met, straightforward checking account
- High Performance Checking: tiered dividends, rewards those who keep higher balances
- Elements Checking: free checking account designed for those aged 14–17
- Fresh Start Checking: for those who have experienced past financial hardship, fee only $8.95/month with direct deposit of at least $500 a month
KEMBA Financial checking accounts were designed with member convenience in mind and all come with these great benefits:
- Free online and mobile banking
- Free bill pay
- Instantly issued debit cards
- No minimum balance requirement
- Unlimited check writing
- Free eStatements
In addition to reviewing the above KEMBA Financial Credit Union review, you can click on any of the links below to browse exclusive reviews of AdvisoryHQ’s top credit unions:
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.