Intro—Kemba Credit Union Reviews & Ranking
Kemba Credit Union was recently ranked and reviewed by AdvisoryHQ as a top-rated credit union. Firms on our top-rated lists were selected after they successfully passed AdvisoryHQ’s ground-breaking four-step banks and credit unions selection methodology.
Click here for a step-by-step breakdown of the methodology and selection process used during our Kemba Credit Union review: AdvisoryHQ’s Methodology for Selecting Top Banks and Credit Unions.
The Kemba Credit Union review below provides a detailed assessment, including some of the factors used by AdvisoryHQ News in its ranking and selection of Kemba Credit Union.
Kemba Credit Union Review
Kemba Credit Union was formed in 1933 to offer financial services to employees of the Kroger Company. In fact, the name Kemba was originally derived from the Kroger Employees Mutual Benefit Association. The small credit union, which was originally staffed by part-time employees from the Kroger Company personnel department, now serves more than 88,000 members across more than 600 select groups and their families.
With more than $725 million in assets and more than 80 years of experience under their belt, Kemba is a credit union with a strong financial background. This background makes it possible for them to supply the best products and services that technology has to offer. Kemba Credit Union predominately serves Southwestern Ohio with savings products, loan solutions, and many other financial products and services.
Image source: Kemba
Key Factors Leading Us to Rank This Firm as One of This Year’s Top Credit Union Firms
Upon completing our detailed reviews, Kemba Credit Union was included in AdvisoryHQ’s ranking of this year’s best credit unions based on the following factors.
Kemba Credit Union Review: Checking Account Options
A Kemba Credit Union checking account is designed to offer members maximum convenience paired with great benefits.
There are several great checking account options to choose from:
- Basic Checking: no-frills, basic checking account with no monthly service fees and no minimum balance requirements.
- Get Green Checking: free account that earns interest when 12 debit card purchases are made per cycle, earns 1.50% APY up to $15,000.
- Get Tunes Checking: free account that gives members refunds for iTunes and Amazon.com downloads when 12 debit card purchases are made per cycle.
Kemba Credit Union Review: Savings Clubs
Kemba Credit Union is a credit union that realizes that a savings account is usually at the heart of most household financial plans. That is why, in addition to a regular savings account, they offer a variety of savings clubs to help members save for specific goals or just a rainy day.
Savings clubs available at Kemba Credit Union are:
- Vacation Savings Club: perfect for members who wish to save for that dream vacation but have trouble sticking to a plan, withdrawals from this account are blocked at ATMs and online banking, making it easier to stick to the savings plan.
- Holiday Savings Club: allows members to save a little all year for holiday spending. Funds are transferred into main account on October 1.
- Cubs Club: designed for kids aged 12 and younger, a $5 opening deposit is required and is a great way to encourage youngsters to start saving.
- Lions Club: designed for teens, allowing them to open a share account that begins earning interest at $100, and they can open a checking account with a co-signer.
Kemba Credit Union Review: Mobile Banking
Kemba Credit Union has made sure to keep up with the times. Like many of the big-name banks, this credit union offers state-of-the-art mobile banking for the convenience of their members.
Their mobile banking app gives customers access to their accounts 24/7 from the convenience of their smartphone or tablet. Mobile banking can also be accessed through their phone or tablet’s web browser without having to download the app.
Mobile banking is offered to members absolutely free. Using mobile banking members can:
- Check balances
- View transaction history
- Transfer funds
- Deposit checks
- Pay loans
- Pay bills
With mobile banking, members’ accounts are always only a touch away.
In addition to reviewing the above Kemba Credit Union review, you can click on any of the links below to browse exclusive reviews of AdvisoryHQ’s top credit unions:
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.