Company Overview – ICA Review
What exactly is the ICA? And what is its function?
The International Compliance Association, referred to simply as the ICA, is an industry association focused on increasing the knowledge and levels of professionalism for financial service organizations on a global scale.
The ICA also works with oil and gas companies, telecom firms, and betting and gambling institutions.
Established in 2001, the ICA is led by Bill Howarth, whose intention is to fulfill the educational requirements for the industry’s top professionals.
Awarding a number of certificates and diplomas specific to the financial industry, the ICA lends its expertise to both entry level and seasoned practitioners alike.
Review of ICA’s Training Program and Certification
The International Compliance Association has an extensive regulatory and financial crime compliance curriculum for professionals seeking either accreditation or recognition.
The programs offered by the International Compliance Association focus on regulatory risks, guidelines, and best practices for professionals and those working within the scope of compliance management.
The purpose of ICA’s certification is to promote a greater level of understanding with regards to compliance, AML, and financial crime prevention best practices.
All ICA’s courses are delivered by their training provider, International Compliance Training (ICT).
What Types of Training Programs and Certification Does the ICA Provide?
Designed for those with no experience or in an operational role and requiring some awareness level understanding of an area.
- ICA Certificate in Compliance
- ICA Certificate in Anti Money Laundering
- ICA Certificate in Financial Crime Prevention
- ICA Certificate in KYC and CDD
Designed for those new to the discipline or in a junior role who want to enhance their knowledge & skills.
- ICA Advanced Certificate in Compliance (UK and International)
- ICA International Advanced Certificate in Anti Money Laundering
- ICA Advanced Certificate in Practical Customer Due Diligence (CDD)
- ICA Advanced Certificate in Business Compliance
- ICA Advanced Certificate in Managing Fraud
- ICA Advanced Certificate in Legal Compliance (UK)
- ICA Certification in Regulatory Compliance (Malaysia)
- ICA Certification in Anti Money Laundering and Counter Financing of Terrorism (Malaysia)
- ICA Advanced Certificate in Governance, Risk & Compliance – IBF Level 1 (Singapore)
Designed for anyone wishing to learn more about the following niche areas in depth:
- ICA Specialist Certificate in Trade Based Money Laundering
- ICA Specialist Certificate in Money Laundering Risk in Capital Markets
- ICA Specialist Certificate in Corporate Governance
- ICA Specialist Certificate in Money Laundering Risk in New Payments, Products and Services
- ICA Specialist Certificate in Money Laundering Risk in Betting and Gaming
- ICA Specialist Certificate in Money Laundering Risk in Correspondent Banking
- ICA Specialist Certificate in Money Laundering Risk in Private Banking
- ICA Specialist Certificate in Managing Sanctions Risk
- ICA Specialist Certificate in Conduct Risk
- ICA Specialist Certificate in Anti-Corruption
- ICA Specialist Certificate in Combating the Financing of Terrorism
Designed for those who already have some experience and are looking to underpin their knowledge with a professional qualification.
- ICA Diploma in Governance, Risk and Compliance (UK and International)
- ICA International Diploma in Anti Money Laundering
- ICA Diploma in Financial Crime Prevention (UK and International)
- ICA/AFMA Graduate Diploma in Anti Money Laundering/Counter Terrorism Financing (Australia)
- ICA Advanced Certification in Anti Money Laundering and Counter Financing of Terrorism (Malaysia)
- ICA Advanced Certification in Regulatory Compliance (Malaysia)
- ICA Diploma in Governance, Risk & Compliance – IBF Level 2 (Singapore)
- ICA Diploma in Anti Money Laundering / Counter Financing Terrorism – IBF Level 2 (Singapore)
Designed for experienced practitioners and those in senior roles.
- ICA Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Governance, Risk & Compliance
- ICA Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Financial Crime Compliance
- ICA Certified Professional in Anti Money Laundering and Counter Financing of Terrorism (Malaysia)
- ICA Graduate Diploma in Governance, Risk & Compliance (Singapore)
Details of ICA’s Training Programs and Certifications
ICA Introductory Certification and Training Program
The most basic level course for AML training offered by ICA is its Anti-Money Laundering certification.
This certification is designed to satisfy the annual regulatory requirements necessary to educate professionals within the financial services realm.
Image source: Big Stock
ICA Intermediate Level Program
The ICA’s Advanced AML Certificate and its International Advanced AML Certificate both provide a greater degree of understanding of AML regulations and guidelines than the introductory level course.
Both courses cover information specific to the regulatory environment, specifically the practical application of AML requirements and reporting.
Additionally, the risks associated with various industries as they relate to AML regulatory guidelines are also reviewed.
ICA Advanced Certification Level Program
Both the ICA Diploma in AML and its global counterpart, the International Diploma in AML, are offered to professionals who have performed AML practices under the purview of their occupation for some time and wish to further advance their knowledge of the subject.
Both programs are available as graduate level courses, focused on theoretical knowledge as well as practical skill sets in the real world.
ICA Degree and Postgraduate Degree Level Programs
The most advanced AML certification programs offered by the ICA include both the BSc in Management with Compliance as well as the Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Governance, Risk and Compliance.
In partnership with the University of Manchester Business School, ICA’s BSc is taught to assist individuals seeking the highest qualification within the compliance and regulatory field.
The Professional Postgraduate Diploma is designed for professional individuals who have continuously worked in the compliance field and are well-prepared for a graduate level course in the subject.
ICA Specialist Certifications
Each of the Specialist Certifications offered by the ICA is aimed at professional AML practitioners who wish to expand their knowledge of a specific niche within the financial services compliance field.
Each of these courses covers information relating to key AML and counter terrorist financing concepts.
Each certification program is completed online over a three-month period, culminated by a comprehensive exam at the end of the course.
What Does the Training Cover?
ICA programs cover the following broad topics:
- AML regulations and principles
- Compliance with regulations
- Corporate social responsibility as it relates to reporting and record keeping
- Data protection
- Fraud protection
- Fund administration
- Investigative interviewing
- Leadership and management
- Report writing
All-in-One Change Management Tools
Top Rated Toolkit for Change Managers.
Get Your Change Management Tool Today...
Benefits of ICA’s AML Training Program:
In addition to being recognized by regulators and education authorities within the financial services sector, ICA training and certification programs offer the following benefits:
- Successful completion of an exam grants participants membership into the ICA
- Potential for career progression is high
- Advanced knowledge and developed skills enhance job productivity
- Touted as a mark of excellence in the compliance arena
- Detailed course material is scenario-based, making for a more well-rounded experience
- ICA’s online portal for training is easy to navigate and is, overall, user friendly
Although the admission requirements set forth by ICA differ for each certification program, all students must possess:
- The ability to complete both the reading and writing requirements for the certification of choice in English
- A sound educational background
- A degree in an appropriate discipline related directly to finance or two to three years of relevant, progressive work experience
What is the Cost of the ICA AML Training Program?
- ICA Certificate in Financial Crime Prevention – £580
- ICA Certificate in Compliance – £580
- ICA Certificate in Anti-Money Laundering – £580
- ICA Advanced Certificate in Compliance – £1550
- ICA Advanced Certificate in Anti-Money Laundering – £1550
- ICA Diploma in Compliance – £3255
- ICA Diploma in Anti-Money Laundering – £3255
- ICA Diploma in Financial Crime Prevention – £3255
- ICA Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Governance, Risk and Compliance – £4725
- ICA Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Governance, Risk and Compliance – £4950
- If the Student or the Employer on the Student’s behalf requests to cancel from the programme and terminate this contract less than two weeks after the Enrolment Date, this contract shall be deemed to be terminated with immediate effect and ICT shall provide a full refund of any fees paid by such Student or such Employer on the Student’s behalf save that ICT shall be entitled to make a reasonable deduction if any course materials supplied to the Student have been used in a way which has diminished their value or if the student has benefited from services already provided by ICT.
- If the Student or the Employer on the student’s behalf requests to cancel from the programme and terminate this contract more than two weeks after the Enrolment Date, no refund will be paid.
Other Pertinent Information
Individuals who maintain membership with a local compliance association are eligible to receive a 10% discount on all coursework and examination fees.
Interested individuals may review the available schedules for certification programs through ICA here: http://www.int-comp.org/certificates-diplomas
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.