Intro – Howard Bank Reviews & Ranking
AdvisoryHQ recently published its list and review of the top banking firms in Maryland, a list that included Howard Bank.
Below we have highlighted some of the many reasons Howard Bank was selected as one of the best banking firms in Maryland.
Click here for a detailed review of AdvisoryHQ’s selection methodology: AdvisoryHQ’s Methodology for Selecting Top Banks and Credit Unions.
Howard Bank Review
Though Howard Bank is relatively new among the local banks in Maryland, they are well capitalized and reported over $1 billion in assets at the end of 2016.
Howard Bank provides commercial and retail banking services, including deposit accounts, individual retirement accounts, credit and lending services, commercial lines
Key Factors Leading Us to Rank This Firm as One of This Year’s Top Banking Firms
Upon completing our detailed review, Howard Bank was included in AdvisoryHQ’s ranking of this year’s best banking firms based on the following factors.
Howard Bank Review: Business Checking
Howard Bank boasts that they are a bank that understands businesses, business owners, and professionals within the communities that they serve. They truly want to help businesses succeed and offer an array of business checking account options to help them do just that.
Business checking account options at this bank in Maryland include:
- Community Business Checking: interest-bearing checking account designed for sole proprietors and not-for-profits
- Business Relationship Checking: made to offer flexibility to business owners while rewarding them for their relationship with Howard Bank
- Business Solutions Checking: for businesses with higher activities and more complex needs
- Small Business Checking: perfect for businesses with limited checking activities and comes with no monthly fees and no minimum balance requirement
Howard Bank Review: Personal Overdraft Coverage and Money Management Tools
Howard Bank understands that sometimes life happens and people accidentally overextend their checking account. That’s why they provide several overdraft coverage options to protect their customers in case of their checking account becoming overdrawn.
Overdraft coverage options available from this top bank in Maryland are:
- Personal overdraft privilege standard coverage: Allows account to be overdrawn up to a disclosed limit (for a fee) to pay a transaction
- Personal overdraft privilege extended coverage: Covers overdrafts caused by everyday Visa check card and ATM withdrawals
- Personal overdraft protection: Automatically transfers funds from another account to avoid overdrafts
- Overdraft line of credit: Allows customers to draw on a line of credit to cover overdrawn items
- Business overdraft protection: Automatically transfers funds from another account to avoid overdrafts for small businesses
In addition to a wide variety of overdraft protection to choose from, Howard Bank also offers an array of money management tools and resources to help customers become financially educated on how to avoid overdraft fees.
Money management tools and resources are available on the topics of:
- Balancing a checkbook
- Personal budget planner
- Debt reduction strategies
- Better money management
- Effective strategies for saving
- Overdraft management guide
- Preventing and managing overdrafts
Howard Bank Review: Howard Super Checking
The Howard Super Checking account lives up to its name with plenty of benefits and conveniences without having to worry about hidden fees or minimum balance requirements.
At this bank in Maryland, free checking really does mean free. A Howard Super Checking account comes with these great features:
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly service charge
- Overdraft privilege
- Online banking
- Mobile banking
- Online bill pay
- Visa check card
Howard Bank Review: Business Lending
Howard Bank takes an active role with their business clients in helping them to reach their business goals. They work with businesses to understand their business needs and structure to determine the best financing options for their particular situation.
This Maryland bank offers commercial business and industrial lines and loans for working capital, equipment purchases, and SBA loans.
Howard Bank also offers commercial real estate loans for development, construction, and permanent financing loans.
In addition to the above Howard Bank review, you can click on any of the links below to browse exclusive reviews of AdvisoryHQ’s top rated banking firms & credit unions:
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.