What is Grove Collaborative? We’ve Got the Scoop on this Natural Products Site & Grove Cleaning Products
As shoppers have learned more about the long-term effects of non-sustainable products, the ones with harsh chemicals, intense smells, and ingredients they can barely pronounce, they’ve started to gravitate to more eco-friendly alternatives.
The market for green household products is expected to grow by over 14 billion between 2017 and 2022, according to Technavio. This push for less toxic yet sustainable products has lead to the popularity of sites like the Grove Collaborative.
You may have had a family member or co-worker mention the Grove products or share them on Facebook. Grove ePantry offers some of the top organic household brands like Mrs. Meyer’s products, Seventh Generation, and Real Simple.
The hook? Grove gives you free goodies throughout the year if you sign up for their annual plan.
But, are Grove cleaning supplies any good? Are the prices reasonable enough to be competitive with those non-sustainable products?
In this AdvisoryHQ News Grove Collaborative review, we take an in-depth look at Grove Collaborative products and their pricing and subscription model. We’ll also find out what sustainable shoppers have to say about the Grove pantry model and whether it’s worth it.
If you’ve visited the site from a social media share or an email link but weren’t sure whether to sign up for the Grove Collaborative ePantry service, you’ll want to read further to learn everything you need to know before you buy.
AdvisoryHQ Grove Collaborative Reviews | The Company
Something unique about the natural and organic products push is that it seems to be a grassroots effort, lead by small businesses rather than large corporations. The Grove ePantry site definitely reflects that.
Three friends using a spare bedroom for their office started Grove in 2012 because they wanted to bring sustainable, safe products to families around the country. The company is based in San Francisco, California and has two warehouses, one on each coast.
Grove’s founders cleverly hopped on the subscription bandwagon, which has become a popular buying trend. The model allows you to get a refill shipment of Grove cleaning supplies shipped automatically at the frequency you set.
Upon a Grove Collaborative review, we found that it has the distinction of being a Certified B Corporation. That means that it has met the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose.
What is Grove Collaborative?
You may hear Grove referred to as Grove pantry because the company was originally known as ePantry – before landing on the name Grove Collaborative.
So, what is Grove Collaborative? It’s an e-commerce website dedicated to selling only healthy, natural, and sustainable products. You won’t find harmful chemicals or sketchy manufacturers here.
According to Grove, the company holds high standards for the brands it carries. Those include:
- Sustainable & transparent supply chains
- Recyclable & recycled content
- Organic, natural & transparent ingredients
- Plant-based formulations
- No animal testing
- Social mission
- B Corporations (70% of their sales are from B Corps brands)
Grove Collaborative Products Categories
What does Grove sell? The company is best known for Grove cleaning products, such as Mrs. Meyer’s products, but it does sell other brands and types of products as well. You can find the following Grove products categories and sub-categories on their website:
Baby & Kids
- Mom & Pregnancy
- Cleaning Essentials
- Paper & Storage
- Health & Wellness
- Men’s Care
- Oral Care
- Skincare & Grooming
Besides selling many popular eco-friendly brands like Seventh Generation, Mrs. Meyer’s cleaning products, and Burt’s Bees, the company also has its own brand of Grove natural products.
Grove Collaborative Review | How Does a Grove Kit Work?
When some people hear “subscription service” they imagine getting charged for shipments they don’t want or having trouble canceling or adjusting frequency. This site has tried its best to take the fear out of shopping for Grove cleaning products.
The company offers three options for buying Grove products:
- Purchase and be subscribed to auto-shipments according to your desired frequency
- Pause auto-shipments and continue to order as needed without a subscription
- Pay $19.99 per year to join the VIP program and get free shipping and four free gifts per year
One of the goodies that Grove uses to get people to sign up is to offer a free 4-piece Grove kit with your first $20.00 or more order.
Mrs. Meyer’s Cleaning Products & Grove Natural Products Overview
Grove cleaning products advertise affordable pricing over a wide variety of household products. This includes their own and many other brands known for being sustainable and made with all-natural ingredients.
One of the most popular eco-friendly brands associated with the Grove Collaborative is Mrs. Meyer’s cleaning products. This botanically minded brand includes household products made with essentials oils from herbs and flowers that are made to smell like a garden, yet still pack a powerful cleaning punch.
Mrs. Meyer’s Products Pricing
Here’s an overview of what you can expect to pay at Grove for several of Mrs. Meyer’s products.
- Meyer’s Fabric Softener – $7.99
- Meyer’s Tub & Tile Cleaner – $4.99
- Meyer’s Dish Soap – $3.89
- Meyer’s Toiler Cleaner – $4.99
- Meyer’s Multi-Surface Cleaner – $3.89
- Meyer’s Glass Cleaner – $4.99
- Meyer’s Vinegar Gel Cleaner – $3.99
Besides Mrs. Meyer’s cleaning products, you can also find a few personal care items like body wash and lotion.
Grove Natural Products Pricing
Grove Collaborative products are also a big seller on their site and include all types of sustainable household items from Grove cleaning supplies to cutting boards. Here’s a sampling of Grove products and pricing.
- Grove Collaborative Floor Cleaner Concentrate (Set of 2) – $5.95
- Grove Collaborative Bamboo Cutting Board – $14.95
- Grove Collaborative All-Purpose Cleaning Concentrate (Set of 2) – $5.95
- Grove Collaborative Wool Dryer Balls (Set of 3) – $15.95
- Grove Collaborative Dish Soap Set – $19.95
- Grove Collaborative Foaming Hand Soap Concentrate – $4.95
- Grove Collaborative Hydrating Hand Sanitizer (Large) – $6.95
Besides Grove cleaning and Mrs. Meyer’s cleaning products, what other brands can you find at the Grove pantry?
Grove lists a total of 74 different sustainable brands on their website, so you have quite a choice of natural products when you shop Grove ePantry. Here are just a few of those to give you an idea of your options.
- Arm & Hammer
- Full Circle
- Paw Sense
- Seventh Generation
- Tom’s of Maine
- Zarbee’s Naturals
Where Can I Find a Grove Collaborative Coupon?
Looking for a Grove Collaborative coupon to sweeten the deal? There are several out there you’ll find on all the usual couponing sites. If you visit the Grove offers page, you can also find some specials like a free Grove kit or free apron with an order.
Some of the current Grove Collaborative coupons floating around online are below, just remember to check right before you buy since offers can change.
- BluePromoCode – $10 off and free shipping
- com – Free 6-piece Grove kit with the purchase
- DealCatcher – Free 5-piece Mrs. Meyer’s products gift with purchase
- Ebates – $2 cashback
The Grove Collaborative Reviews from Subscribers
What is Grove Collaborative’s reputation with shoppers? Does the company have great deals on natural and eco-friendly products or is the subscription model a pain?
We’re going to find out next by taking a look at Grove Collaborative reviews and ratings. This is where the rubber meets the road!
We’ve delved into multiple Grove Collaborative reviews from customers to find out what they love or hate about this natural ePantry site.
First, let’s see how they score overall when combining multiple reviews for Grove from shoppers, then we’ll get into the nitty-gritty of the positive and negative Grove reviews.
The Grove Collaborative Review Ratings
- Better Business Bureau (33 Grove Collaborative reviews) – 2.0 out of 5
- Sitejabber (6 Grove Collaborative reviews) – 2.5 out of 5
- Trustpilot (1,269 Grove Collaborative reviews) – 9.3 out of 10
Negative Grove Collaborative Reviews
- Unauthorized charges and no response from customer service were the reasons for one negative Grove Collaborative review. The shopper said they were still charged for items even after they removed them from their subscription, which caused them to stop shopping there.
- Another reviewer said when the company changed its name from ePantry to Grove Collaborative, they noticed it going downhill in the customer support department. They also felt the prices for Grove cleaning products have gone up so much that it’s not worth it anymore.
- Problems with shipping, the website, and getting a refund were mentioned in another unhappy Grove Collaborative review. They said the site was a great idea, but the execution was terrible.
- Service started out great but then things went wrong complained a reviewer. Their Grove Collaborative review said items started to auto-populate in their cart and they were shipped things they never ordered. After trying to work with customer support, they finally gave up.
Positive Grove Collaborative Reviews
- Great prices and lots of freebies were two reasons a reviewer loved the site. Their 5-star Grove Collaborative review said the service was convenient and the VIP program was great because they could pre-order items before they are available.
- A customer that had been with Grove for about a year said the experience was great. Their positive Grove Collaborative review noted quality products that were good for their family and the convenience of having them delivered to their door.
- In a happy Grove Collaborative review at Sitejabber, the reviewer said the site was very intuitive and well run. They enjoyed the quality products and had no problem with shipments. They also praised the excellent communication.
- A VIP program subscriber that had been with Grove for about two years said the customer service has been outstanding. Their Grove Collaborative review noted the good natural products and special discounts and bundles that gave even more savings.
AdvisoryHQ’s Grove Collaborative Review Conclusion
Overall, Grove Collaborative reviews are mainly positive. We did note one glaring issue at the Better Business Bureau, Grove has an F rating. The total number of complaints is 27. Addressing that issue would give even more of a boost to their reputation.
Many of the products Grove sells are well known and well-proven natural brands. Grove makes it convenient for one-stop sustainable shopping that you don’t even have to go out for. They also let you return any items you’re not happy with.
The complaints we found weren’t really about Grove cleaning products at all, they mentioned the subscription auto charges and poor customer service. But more shoppers praised their responsive support, especially those that signed up for the $19.99/year VIP program.
The convenience of Grove was mentioned over and over again in Grove Collective reviews. With their subscription or paused subscription options, they go out of their way to make it easy to shop their site, especially for those that would rather not have auto-shipments.
If you’re looking for a site to help you make the switch to natural home products with ingredients you can actually recognize, Grove Collaborative is worth a visit. Their generous selection of high-quality natural product brands and flexible buying options make it easy to live more sustainably.
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer: Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info. Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.