Want to Know How to Make Money Doing Surveys? We Will Tell You!
The idea that you could make money doing surveys appeals to all types of people: from college students who need some extra cash to stay-at-home moms who want to make some money during nap time and in evenings.
When you get paid to do surveys online, you are in control of your schedule—how much time you have to dedicate to online paid surveys and when you want to fill them out. You can earn money doing surveys any time or any place.
Plus, you can take a break whenever you want to.
You are probably now wondering how to make money doing surveys, and this guide will show you just that. We will answer all your top questions about how to make money doing surveys such as:
- How much money can you actually make when you get paid to take surveys?
- How much time does it take for you to make money doing surveys?
- What do you need to do before you can get paid for surveys?
Then we will offer you a list of some of the most popular websites to get paid for taking surveys, along with top tips for making the most money on online paid surveys.
By the end of this guide you will absolutely know how to make money doing surveys.
How Much Can You Get Paid to Take Surveys?
Let’s get into the top question people ask when they want to know how to make money doing surveys: how much money can I make?
Image Source: Pixabay
How much you get paid for surveys truly depends on you and these factors:
- How much time you dedicate to surveys
- How many companies you work with
- What type of surveys you qualify for
- How fast you are at answering the surveys
That being said, let’s talk about how much the average person can expect to get paid to take surveys.
- First off, know that this is not a way to get rich; this is a way to earn some side income as you get paid to take surveys—especially when you have lots of free time.
- Most surveys will pay you at least $0.50 per survey, but some can pay you up to $50. Expect an average of a couple bucks each survey.
- With some websites, you get paid to do surveys through points. Then you can turn in your points for gift cards or cash.
One blogger, Katie, says she makes between $250 and $500 each month by dedicating around 5 hours each week to online paid surveys.
How Much Time Does It Take to Get Paid for Surveys?
Knowing how to make money doing surveys requires that you keep track of time. After all, making $5 bucks on 10 minutes of time is a lot different than making $5 for 3 hours of time.
Online paid surveys can take anywhere from a couple minutes to a couple hours. But the best part of the deal is you can decide exactly how much time you want to spend as you get paid for surveys.
All the survey websites that let you get paid for taking surveys will tell you about how long the survey will take and how much it will pay. This way you can decide:
- If the payment is worth the time spent
- If you have enough time in your day to complete the survey
There is no time commitment when you get paid for surveys, so one month you may spend 50 hours filling out surveys and another month you may spend 3 hours. This allows you to earn money doing surveys completely on your own schedule.
That being said, some websites will reward you with more surveys and better surveys the more you do. This is entirely up to you and how much you want to get paid for surveys in general.
All-in-One Change Management Tools
Top Rated Toolkit for Change Managers.
Get Your Change Management Tool Today...
What Do You Need Before You Can Get Paid to Take Surveys?
If you want to know how to make money doing surveys, the next thing you will need to know are the steps to take before you start.
Here are three things to do so you can get paid for taking surveys:
- Make accounts at websites that let you make money doing surveys: You will need to spend some initial start-up time signing up for accounts and memberships through a handful of websites.Some only require an account. Some require personal information and even a test before you get paid for surveys.
- Create a new email account: When you sign up for all these websites that let you earn money doing surveys, you will start receiving many emails.The easiest way to keep track of them and not let them overcrowd your inbox is to simply create a new email account for online paid surveys only.
- Get a computer or tablet: One of the top benefits when you make money doing surveys is that you can do it right in your living room on your laptop or tablet.As long as you have a device that allows you to access the Internet, you should be good to go.
Now you are ready to get paid to do surveys. You can do them at your dining room table, in between classes, on your lunch break, or even on vacation.
Now let’s see the top websites that allow you to get paid for surveys.
Top Sites to Get Paid for Surveys
Now that you know how to make money doing surveys, let’s dive into the top websites that allow you to make money doing surveys.
Know that there are countless websites to earn money doing surveys, so do plenty of research to see which ones are ideal for you. The list below is for popular websites to get paid for surveys that bloggers frequently talk about.
- Swagbucks: Sign up for a free account to not only get paid for taking surveys, but also for watching videos, searching the web, and more
- Pinecone Research: Here you can get paid for surveys by earning points, and then those points can turn into cash or prizes (like movie tickets)
- Toluna: Contribute to surveys on future products and services—you will not only get paid to do surveys, you may also be able to test out products for a review
- Opinion Outpost: Get paid to take surveys, earning Amazon cards or iTunes cards on this popular site
- My Survey: Sign up for a free account to get paid for surveys, product tests, and diaries
- Harris Poll: This is one of the older survey companies that now offers an online paid surveys option
- Valued Opinions: This company gives you up to $5 for each paid survey, which you can redeem for gift cards to places like Amazon and Target
- Vindale Research: Not only do get paid to take surveys with actual cash (up to $50 a survey), you can also earn $2 just by signing up
- Inbox Dollars: Like Swagbucks, Inbox Dollars allows you to get paid to take surveys, watch videos, and shop online
- Survey Junkie: This is also one of the more popular spots for online paid surveys with more than 5 million members
Tips to Get Paid to Take Surveys
You already know how to make money doing surveys and where to find them. Now we will focus on how to be the best at it. While this is not a difficult job by any means, there are a few tips that can make it more successful.
Image Source: Pixabay
Here are some tips so you not only get paid to take surveys, you get paid well.
- Research all of they survey websites: See what each website offers in terms of survey length, survey type, payment, and rewards
- Choose the top survey websites for you: Once you know what each of the online paid surveys offers, you can choose 3 to 10 of them that really feel like the best fit for you
- Take the time to fill out your profile correctly: Many websites allow you to get paid for taking surveys that you qualify for, so keep your profile updated (Example: If they want moms, make sure to put that you are a mom in your profile).
- Be fast: The faster you are at checking your email, the better your chances of landing the high-value surveys that really help you make money doing surveys.
- Don’t let surveys expire: Some online paid surveys will be timed. If you have to leave the computer for a while, the work you have already done could expire.Make sure to only start a survey you know you can finish.
- Keep track: Each time you get paid to take surveys, add it to a master list. This way, you will know if a company has not paid you.
- Cash out sooner rather than later: Each time you reach the minimum payout level, go ahead and cash out just in case the website closes or some technical difficulty occurs.
Conclusion—How to Make Money Doing Surveys
So you wanted to know how to make money doing surveys, and now you have all the basic info you need to begin. You know where to find websites that let you get paid to take surveys, you know what type of money to expect, and you have some helpful tips.
Now all you need to do is start so you can get paid to take surveys.
Go through our list of top websites to get paid for surveys and sign up for a few that look good to you. If those surveys are going well and you earn money doing surveys you like, sign up for a few more. This way you always have online paid surveys available to you.
Hopefully this “how to make money doing surveys” guide will be you fast track to making some nice side income this year as you get paid to do surveys.
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.