Getting the Best Mortgage as a First Time Home Buyer in Arkansas
Purchasing a home for the first time can be an incredibly exciting time. It marks an important milestone in the transition from renting to homeownership.
As a first time home buyer in Arkansas, you’re likely to have tons of questions, like:
- What kinds of mortgages are available for first time home buyers in Arkansas?
- How much home can an Arkansas first time home buyer afford?
- Are there any first time home buyer programs in Arkansas?
No matter whether you’re ready to start house hunting or you’re simply exploring the possibility of purchasing a home, understanding your options for Arkansas mortgages can make a world of difference when taking out your first Arkansas home loan.
How Much House can a First Time Home Buyer in Arkansas Afford?
For first time home buyers in Arkansas, affordability is much more complicated than simply finding out how large of a mortgage you can get approved for.
Arkansas first time home buyers will also have to take into consideration additional affordability factors, like the closing costs of purchasing a home, monthly budget, and debt-to-income ratio.
Visit any of the Arkansas first time home buyer calculators below to analyze factors like location, household income, down payment, and monthly debt.
First Time Home Buyer Programs in Arkansas
Aside from the mountains of paperwork and lists of financial jargon, many first time home buyers in Arkansas find that saving money for the down payment and closing costs is the biggest challenge when obtaining a mortgage.
Thankfully, there are plenty of first time home buyer programs in Arkansas that are meant to provide financial support for Arkansas first time home buyers, including down payment assistance in Arkansas.
Below, you can find a list of the most common first time home buyer programs in Arkansas that offer down payment assistance in Arkansas or funding for closing costs.
- ADFA Down Payment Assistance Program—Can provide up to $6,000 in down payment assistance in Arkansas for first time home buyers
- Arkansas Dream Down Payment Initiative—Provides up to 6 percent in funding of the purchase price (best for low-income first time home buyers in Arkansas)
- ADFA “Move Up Choice” Single Family Loan Program—Arkansas first time home buyers can receive a grant of 4 percent to cover closing costs
- ADFA Mortgage Credit Certificate Program—Allows a first time home buyer in Arkansas to receive an annual tax credit
Conclusion – Getting the Best Mortgage as a First Time Home Buyer in Arkansas
Finding a great mortgage as a first time home buyer in Arkansas may take time, but the payoff is certainly worth the effort.
As you search for the best mortgage rates in Arkansas, you may want to ask yourself the following questions:
- Do the best Arkansas first time home buyer loans come from banks or credit unions?
- Do online-only lenders offer better rates for first time home buyers in Arkansas?
- Which first time home buyer programs in Arkansas can I qualify for?
Ultimately, finding the best loans for first time home buyers in Arkansas is a combination of evaluating long-term affordability and partnership.
No matter what Arkansas mortgage lender you choose, it’s important to partner with a financial institution that you trust and are comfortable working with for the next few decades.
There are plenty of ways to identify the best providers of loans for first time home buyers in Arkansas, including the fees they charge, their quality of customer service, what sort of support they offer new home buyers, and how competitive their Arkansas mortgage rates are.
Mortgage Rate Table Disclaimer
Click here to read AdvisoryHQ’s disclaimer on the mortgage loan table(s) displayed on this page.
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.