Intro – Top Rated Florida Bank
AdvisoryHQ recently reviewed the top banks in Florida. Each bank that was reviewed demonstrates an excellence in quality, provides exceptional service, offers a wide-range of products, and affords a high-level of convenience to its customers.
Included in this list is Fifth Third Bank.
Below we have provided a detailed review of Fifth Third Bank and the specific factors we used in our decision-making process.
Fifth Third Bank Review
Headquartered in Ohio, Fifth Third Bank is a community financial services provider with many locations throughout Florida, a network of more than 45,000 ATMs, and more than 1,100 full-service branches throughout the country.
Some of the service areas and products offered by Fifth Third include mortgages for financing or refinancing a home, education planning, retirement planning, and general personal and business banking options.
Image Source: Fifth Third Bank
Fifth Third has been operating for more than 150 years, making them one of the most longstanding and established banks in Florida.
Key Factors That Led to Our Ranking of This Bank as One of the Top Banks in Florida
The details below represent some of the reasons Fifth Third was included in this ranking of the best banks in Florida.
Identity Theft Protection
As one of the best banks in Florida, it’s imperative that Fifth Third takes customer security and identity protection very seriously, which they do.
Some of the protective measures offered by this bank include:
- Fifth Third Identity Alert: This protects against major types of identity theft with automatic daily credit monitoring, credit score management tools, identity theft insurance, and more features.
- Fifth Third Identity Alert Premium: This program is the most comprehensive protection against ID theft offered by Fifth Third.
For customers who have a Preferred or Private Bank checking account, there is a net cost of $0 a month for Fifth Third Identity Alert. For any other account holder, there is a net cost of $6 monthly.
With a Preferred or Private Bank checking account from Fifth Third, the Premium program is $5 per month, and with any other Fifth Third account, the cost is $9 a month.
Fifth Third customers can select from two primary overdraft options: Coverage and Protection.
With Coverage, customers have the option of enrolling for their ATM transactions and debit card purchases, and they receive protection even if they don’t have enough money in their account to cover a transaction.
With Overdraft Protection, available money is automatically moved from another Fifth Third account to avoid being overdrawn at all.
As one of the best banks in Jacksonville, and throughout the entire state of Florida, Fifth Third offers high-level services for certain clients, including their signature Preferred Program.
Members of the Preferred Program enjoy premium banking, investment advice and guidance, and insurance solutions.
Some of the many benefits of participation in this program include:
- Preferred banking rates
- No ATM or service fees
- Complimentary services including custom checks, cashier’s checks, and a dedicated customer service line
- Complimentary Fifth Third Identity Alert
- Complimentary safe deposit box
- Complimentary World Debit MasterCard
- Discounts on comprehensive credit monitoring
- Discounted self-directed online trades
- Access to a dedicated Preferred Banker
There are quite a few distinctive debit card options for customers of Fifth Third, and some of these include the following:
- Gold Debit Card with zero liability, Prewards and price protection
- World Debit MasterCard® that allows users to earn points automatically
- Professional Debit MasterCard® used to separate business and personal transactions
- Stand Up to Cancer® Debit Card which supports the Stand Up to Cancer movement
- Access 360 Degrees Reloadable Prepaid Debit Card which offers a simplified way to manage a budget
To browse exclusive reviews of all Top-Rated Banks in Florida, please click on any of the links below:
- BBVA Compass
- Branch Banking & Trust Company (BB&T)
- Capital Bank Corporation
- Centennial Bank
- Fifth Third Bank
- Florida Community Bank
- PNC Bank
- Regions Bank
- SunTrust Bank
- Synovus Bank
- TD Bank
- Valley National Bank
- Wells Fargo Bank
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.