Is FabFitFun Worth It? Learn Everything You Need to Know Before You Subscribe to Their Goodie Boxes
Ever since most of us were little kids, opening presents was a big deal and a source of much childhood joy. Even as adults, there’s that little jolt of excitement when a package arrives at the front door waiting to be opened.
Goodie box subscription services, like FabFitFun, have seized upon that excitement to create gift subscription services that send a themed box to your door either every month or every few months.
In the last few years, we’ve seen box subscriptions popping up for dog & cat toys, fantasy-themed toys, food kits, and more.
So, what sets the FabFitFun subscription box apart from their competition?
In this AdvisoryHQ FabFitFun review, we’ll tell you what type of full-sized products you’ll get with a FabFitFun subscription. We’ll also go over their pricing and options for customizing boxes.
Can you buy FabFitFun add-ons? Is there a FabFitFun for men? Read on to learn what this subscription box company does that others don’t.
AdvisoryHQ News FabFitFun Review | Company Details
FabFitFun, Inc. was founded in 2010 and is based in West Los Angeles/Beverly Hills, California. Their aim was to take the subscription box trend a bit farther than just mailing a goodie box regularly.
In a FabFitFun review of their company offerings, you’ll find that they have an online magazine focused on wellness, entertainment, life, style, and more, plus FabFitFun TV which includes several workout videos such as:
The founders had worked in the lifestyle brand community for fashion, fitness, beauty, and wellness, and saw that curated box subscriptions were becoming popular. So, they used their talent and experience to start the FabFitFun subscription service.
Their first boxes batch in 2013 sold out within two days.
They now offer a number of quarterly FabFitFun boxes, including:
- FabFitFun Editor’s Box
- FabFitFun Winter Box
- FabFitFun Spring Box
- FabFit Fun Summer Box
- FabFit Fun Fall Box
The company has an A+ rating at the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and has been BBB Accredited since 2017. We’ll get into FabFitFun reviews there and on other sites right after we tell you about their boxes, pricing, and how they work.
How Do FabFitFun Subscriptions Work?
Have you been wondering, “What is FabFitFun?” and how does it work?
FabFitFun is a subscription service that sends curated full-sized items that follow a theme of beauty, wellness, and fitness.
In order to get started, you’ll sign up for either an annual or seasonal subscription. We’ll get into the cost of FabFitFun annual vs seasonal subscriptions in the next section on pricing.
Once you’re signed up, four times per year you’ll be sent a box with 8-10 full-sized, premium items valued over what you’re paying. You have some ability to customize products based upon your subscription type.
As with any ongoing subscription service, you’ll continue to be billed whenever a new box of items is sent, which is four times per year. You’ll have to cancel FabFitFun if you want to discontinue the service and ongoing billings.
FabFitFun Box Subscription Perks Reviews
Here are the basic perks you get with your subscription:
- Seasonal boxes with full-sized items (no sample sizes here!)
- Exclusive member’s only sales
- Access to videos at FabFitFun TV
- Access to join the FabFitFun community
- Ability to shop discounted products for FabFitFun add-ons
What Does FabFitFun Cost?
While there may be full-sized items in the curated boxes you receive, is FabFitFun worth it for the price? It will depend upon how valuable you think the items are and if you find that they fit your lifestyle.
A bonus of this service is that the items you get in the FabFitFun Editor’s Box and all the other seasonal boxes are full-sized, not miniature samples. The 8 to 10 items is also fairly generous when compared to some other subscription services that provide fewer products.
FabFitFun Cost for Subscriptions
- Seasonal Subscription – $49.99 (charged 4 times per year)
- Annual Subscription – $179.99 (charged once per year)
The items in each FabFitFun Winter Box, Summer Box, Fall Box, and Spring Box are valued at about 4 times what you pay, so the company advertises that you get at least $200 worth of items for just $49.99.
How Much is Shipping?
You’ll be happy to know that for almost everyone, shipping for the boxes is free. So, there’s no additional money to pay past the FabFitFun cost for subscription.
If you happen to live in Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico, shipping is $8 per box.
FabFitFun Annual vs Seasonal Subscription
Besides the annual cost savings of $19.97 for paying for the year in advance with the annual subscription, you’ll also be considered a Select Member when you sign up for an annual membership.
When considering a FabFitFun annual vs seasonal subscription, you’ll want to know about these additional perks you get when you’re a Select Member:
- $20 in instant savings
- You can pick and choose the designs & colors of certain box products
- Early shipping of FabFitFun Editor’s Box and all seasonal boxes
- Early access to FabFitFun Add-Ons and Edit Sale
So, in the matchup of FabFitFun annual vs seasonal, you end up saving a little cash up front and also get some great additional perks, especially the box customization.
Can I Just Buy One FabFitFun Box?
You cannot purchase a box outright. You have to sign up for the FabFitFun subscription, however, you can cancel your subscription before the next billing cycle.
FabFitFun Box Reviews | Box Types & What’s In Them
What’s actually in the FabFitFun Spring Box, Fall Box, Winter Box, and Summer Box? And what is a FabFitFun Editor’s Box? If you’ve been wondering what types of goodies you get, we’ve got a full rundown here.
FabFitFun doesn’t spill the beans on upcoming boxes because they want them to be a surprise. But, we can tell you what’s been in FabFitFun past boxes to give you an idea of what you’ll receive.
Our team has looked into the burning question, “What is FabFitFun box content like?” and done FabFitFun reviews of the seasonal items to bring you an example of the stuff you’ll get.
Note: You’ll see that in some boxes the items total more than the 8-10 that the company says are in each box. That’s because these FabFitFun past boxes have some “either/or” items.
For example, if there are two jewelry items listed, like a bracelet and earrings, members receive one or the other, not both. They can, however, do a FabFitFun add-on for $10 extra to add that additional item. All the FabFitFun past boxes we’ve seen have these either/or scenarios.
FabFitFun Winter Box
Last year’s FabFitFun Winter Box, contained the following items:
- 8 OTHER REASONS Nine Lives Choker
- AHAVA Mineral Hand Cream
- BB Dakota Poncho
- DOUCCE Freematic Eyeshadow Pro Pallet
- FFFTV Fitness Ball
- Grace & Stella Anti-Wrinkle + Energizing Eye Masks
- Homemade by Ayesha Curry Ceramic Mug
- Kate Somerville ExfolioKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment
- Nelson j Beverly Hills Moisture Healing Hair Mask
- Pointe Studio Aloe Infused Cozy Socks
- This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray
FabFitFun Spring Box
The curated items sent in 2018’s FabFitFun Spring box included:
- ANDERSON LILLY Sunset Collection Candle
- Dermelect Cosmeceuticals Makeover Concealing Ridge Filler
- Dove Exfoliating Body Polish
- Ettika Day Dreamer Tassel Earrings
- Free People x Understated Leather Starry Eyed Travel Eye Mask
- KNC Beauty All Natural Collagen Infused Lip Mask (5-pack)
- KORRES Guava Body Butter
- Maya Brenner Designs LOVE Bracelet
- Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion
- Physique 57 Massage Roller
FabFitFun Summer Box
This year’s summer box was billed as the perfect Segway into sunny days filled with barbecues, beach trips, and pool days. It contained:
- Aromatherapy Associates De-Stress Muscle Gel
- COOLA Face Sport SPF 50 White Tea Moisturizer
- ELEMIS Papaya Enzyme Peel
- ERTH tu y Yo Ring
- FOREO LUNA™ fofo
- Jaboneria Marianella Hawaiian Black Lava Body Caviar
- Maji Sports Loop Resistance Band
- Minor History Post Script Wallet
- ORLANDO PITA PLAY™ Atmos-Shield® Hair Protectant Treatment Spray
- Pier 1 Imports Marble Ring Dish
- Summer & Rose Beach Towel
- tarte tarteist™ PRO glow highlight & contour palette
- tarte tarteist™ PRO to go palette & sex kitten liquid liner
- Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator
- Yumi Kim Makeup Train Case
FabFitFun Fall Box
2018’s FabFitFun fall box includes the following autumn-themed items:
- Alfred French Press
- Alfred Teapot
- Catherine Malandrino Umbrella
- Crown Brush 6 Piece Brush Set
- Cuccio Somatology yogahhh! Detox Bath
- CYLO Cobra Bluetooth Wireless Earbuds
- FARMACY Dew It All Total Eye Cream
- GLAMGLOW® BUBBLESHEET™ OXYGENATING DEEP CLEANSE MASK (2-Pack)
- Grown Alchemist Hydra-Repair Day Cream: Camellia, Geranium Blossom
- Grown Alchemist Hydra-Restore Cream Cleanser: Olive Leaf & Plantago Extract
- Grown Alchemist Polishing Facial Exfoliant: Pink Grapefruit & Glucomannan Extract
- LUNA® Rica™ Bar
- Simply Whimsical Tea Towels
- SKIN&CO Roma Blue in Capri
- touch in SOL Metallist Liquid Foil Lipstick Duo in “Penny”
- Vince Camuto Luck Tote
FabFitFun Editor’s Box
If you’ve signed up in between the seasonal boxes or after the current one has sold out, then instead, your first box will be a FabFitFun Editor’s Box.
The FabFitFun Editor’s Boxes also follow the seasonal themes. Here’s what was included in their post-summer 2018 box.
- 8 OTHER REASONS Landon Lariat
- AHAVA Mineral Hand Cream
- brandt pores no more® LUMINIZER PRIMER
- Free People x Understated Leather Starry Eyed Travel Eye Mask
- FOREO LUNA™ fofo
- ISH Lip Statement Palette
- Maji Sports Trigger Point Ball
- MakeupDrop Winter Glitz
- KORRES Shower Gel in Japanese Rose
- purlisse BLUE LOTUS Balancing Moisturizer
- Spongellé Body Wash Infused Buffer in Papaya Yuzu
- Trina Turk Turkish Towel
- TULA Dual-Phase Skin Reviving Pads (5-pack)
- Whish Beauty Rice Milk + Rose Creme Cleanser
- Yumi Kim Makeup Train Case
If you’d like to see items in more FabFitFun past boxes, all the way back to 2013, just check out the website FAQ for “What will be in my FabFitFun Box?”.
Earlier, we mentioned FabFitFun add-ons. These are items that you can add to your box for $10, and often they go on sale to members only.
So, what is a FabFitFun add-on? It’s really any of the typical box items such as jewelry or lotions or makeup, etc… that is not automatically included in your box and that you have the option of adding as an “extra” with your other items.
What Do Users Say? | Positive & Negative FabFitFun Reviews
Are FabFitFun subscribers enjoying these high-end boxes? Is FabFitFun worth it for the nearly $200 a year subscription price? We’ll find out what FabFitFun box reviews have to say next.
But before we get into highlights from both positive and negative FabFitFun reviews, let’s see what types of overall ratings this curated box service gets.
Ratings from Combined FabFitFun Reviews:
- Better Business Bureau – 2.1 out of 5 (23 FabFitFun reviews)
- Influenster – 4.6 out of 5 (5,787 FabFitFun reviews)
- Sitejabber – 2.9 out of 5 (337 FabFitFun reviews)
We’ll find out what people didn’t like about FabFitFun first, then we’ll move on to the positive reviews of FabFitFun.
FabFitFun Review Highlights | Negative Reviews
- In a FabFitRun review at the BBB, a reviewer was not happy with the customer support they received. They were upset about their boxes shipping late and didn’t feel they got enough support. They did receive a refund for one of the boxes.
- The long 2-week replacement of a broken item was the complaint in another negative FabFitFun review. When a French press was received broken, they didn’t feel they got decent customer support and felt the blame was placed on the customer for the company’s shipping mistake.
- In another unhappy FabFitFun review, the reviewer felt they received “left over” items in their box. After seeing bloggers do “box opening” videos, they got excited to receive their subscription, only to find they didn’t receive the same items.
- One reviewer said the boxes are “hit or miss” and that it seemed like some beauty items are repeated and some items are boring. While they enjoyed a recent bag and umbrella, they said they weren’t worth the FabFitFun cost.
FabFitFun Review Highlights | Positive Reviews
- In a happy 5 star FabFitFun review on Sitejabber, the reviewer said they felt pampered by the boxes. They noted it’s hard to take time for themselves anymore and their subscription was a real treat. They also enjoyed the live chat and community boards on the site.
- A subscriber that praised FabFitFun as the best box service out there said that everything they received met or exceeded expectations. They also mentioned a broken French press in their shipment, but had no problem waiting for the replacement and said customer service was very responsive.
- In a positive FabFitFun review on Influenster, the reviewer enjoyed the whole process of signing up for a personalized profile. They also appreciated the option for annual subscribers to choose between items and customize boxes. She would highly recommend the service.
- A reviewer that received their very first box, was quite pleased with the contents and said they were worth the price. They signed up for the seasonal subscription using a promo code. They mentioned in their FabFitFun review that the full-sized items were great since similar services give you smaller items.
Is there a FabFitFun for Men?
If you’re interested in FabFitFun for men, you might have to try another service for now. We did not find any mention on the website of a FabFitFun men’s option, even after searching their FAQ.
Here are a few other services out there that offer men’s subscription boxes:
- Basic Man
- Birchbox Man
- Breo Box
- Gentleman’s Box
How Do You Cancel FabFitFun?
It’s not uncommon for the initial excitement of a curated box subscription to wear off as more recurring charges to your credit card come in.
If you want to cancel FabFitFun, you can do so anytime from their website or by contacting their customer service. But you must do it before the next billing date.
You will not be refunded for any already paid or pending box charges. So, if you’ve paid for an annual subscription, the FabFitFun cancellation will go into effect at the end of the annual term and you’ll still receive any already paid for boxes.
There are no cancellation fees when you cancel FabFitFun.
AdvisoryHQ’s FabFitFun Review Conclusion
If asked, “What is FabFitFun?” many customers would say it’s a way to pamper themselves four times a year with awesome beauty and fitness items. Others giving FabFitFun box reviews may say it’s an overpriced collection of items that aren’t really worth it.
The company’s customer service gets mixed reviews. Some people think they aren’t very helpful and try to put the blame for issues on the customers. Others think they’re very responsive.
The biggest complaints we found were people not understanding the cancellation policy and thinking they would get money back for already paid for boxes and that the items weren’t what they hoped.
We did note on FabFitFun box reviews at the Better Business Bureau and other sites that the company does respond to negative reviews and try to make things right with the customer.
Many subscribers enjoy the FabFitFun community connection that comes along with the membership and mention it as a valuable addition. The video library “FabFitFun TV” is also a nice bonus that sets this box service apart from many others out there.
While some may think the cost of $49.99 every 3 months is a bit much to pay for FabFitFun, it’s actually pretty competitive in the market. One similar service charges $100 for 3 months while another that does a monthly box, charges $21/month ($63 per 3 months).
If you’re a seasonal rather than annual subscriber you will have fewer options for choosing between different items, so you may not always get what you expect in your box. But the additional FabFitFun add-ons offer is a nice touch that lets you add something you really want.
Whether you are a fashionista that enjoys trying new products or just like to pamper yourself a few times a year, FabFitFun is a great option with a nice mix of different types of products from makeup to jewelry to umbrellas to body creams, and more.
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.