Intro – Erie Federal Credit Union Reviews & Ranking
AdvisoryHQ recently published its review and ranking of the top credit unions in Pennsylvania, a list that included Erie Federal Credit Union.
Below we have highlighted some of the many reasons Erie Federal Credit Union was selected as one of the best credit unions in Pennsylvania.
Click here for a detailed review of AdvisoryHQ’s selection methodology: AdvisoryHQ’s Methodology for Selecting Top Banks and Credit Unions.
Erie Federal Credit Union Review
Erie Federal Credit Union is a community-chartered credit union that has been honoring its mission to responsibly deliver a wide range of financial services to meet the needs of its membership for the past eighty years. They continue to strive to serve their members with spirit, compassion, and heart.
This Pennsylvania credit union has grown tremendously since first being formed in 1936 by a group of local Erie educators, who operated out of a board member’s house. Today Erie Federal Credit Union boasts nine branch locations, $458 million in assets, and more than 53,000 members.
Image Source: Erie Federal Credit Union
Key Factors Leading Us to Rank This Firm as One of This Year’s Top Credit Union Firms
Upon completing our detailed review, Erie Federal Credit Union was included in AdvisoryHQ’s ranking of this year’s best credit unions based on the following factors.
Erie Federal Credit Union Review: Flexible Checking Account Options
Erie Federal Credit Union offers several flexible checking account options to allow members to choose which options they want and which they don’t. Checking accounts at this credit union in PA offer many of the same features as big-name banks without the hidden and complicated maintenance fees.
Whether you like your checking accounts kept simple and sweet or wish to earn higher than average monthly dividends on your funds, this top Pennsylvania credit union has a checking account for you.
Checking account options are:
- Free Checking: no surprises here, free checking with no minimum balance requirements and a free box of checks with direct deposit
- Premium Checking: interest-earning checking account with no balance requirements, $2 monthly maintenance fee, and a free box of checks with direct deposit
- Dividend Plus Checking: interest-earning checking account with no minimum balance requirement but requires a minimum average daily balance of $500 to earn a higher dividend rate, $2 monthly fee can be waived if requirements are met, a free box of checks with direct deposit.
All-in-One Change Management Tools
Top Rated Toolkit for Change Managers.
Get Your Change Management Tool Today...
Erie Federal Credit Union Review: Business Deposit Accounts
From checking accounts to savings and money market accounts, Erie Federal Credit Union offers a variety of business deposit accounts to help businesses succeed and grow their bottom line.
Business deposit accounts available at this credit union in Pennsylvania are:
- Business Checking: an interest-earning business checking account for businesses with high transaction volumes
- Free Business Checking: a low-cost, non-interest-earning checking account solution for businesses with low transaction volumes
- Business Savings: a great way for businesses to begin building excess funds
- Money Market and Share Certificates: helps businesses earn higher dividends on long-term savings
Erie Federal Credit Union Review: Mortgage Realtor Rebate Program
Erie Federal Credit Union is a Pennsylvania credit union that strives to offer more with their home loans than the average financial institution does. The cost of purchasing a home can be staggering, a fact that Erie FCU understands well. For this reason, they offer members their Realtor Rebate Program.
The Realtor Rebate Program allows members to earn up to 25% off their realtor’s commission on the purchase or sale of their home. Members simply select an approved real estate agent from Erie FCU’s website and register for the Realtor Rebate Program. It’s that simple.
Image Source: Erie Federal Credit Union
The Realtor Rebate Program offered by this top credit union in PA can potentially save members hundreds or even thousands of dollars on the sale or purchase of a home. But there are many other great benefits to choosing a mortgage from Erie FCU:
- Free mortgage pre-approvals
- Competitive interest rates
- Lower mortgage fees
- Locate an experienced real estate agent
In addition to the above Erie Federal Credit Union review, you can click on any of the links below to browse exclusive reviews of AdvisoryHQ’s top rated banking firms & credit unions:
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.