Intro – Diamond Credit Union Reviews & Ranking
AdvisoryHQ recently published its list and review of the top credit unions in Pennsylvania, a list that included Diamond Credit Union.
Below we have highlighted some of the many reasons Diamond Credit Union was selected as one of the best credit unions in Pennsylvania.
Click here for a detailed review of AdvisoryHQ’s selection methodology: AdvisoryHQ’s Methodology for Selecting Top Banks and Credit Unions.
Diamond Credit Union Review
Diamond Credit Union is a state-chartered credit union that has been serving Berks County, Pennsylvania, and the tri-county region since its inception in 1947. This Pennsylvania credit union is one of the area’s largest, boasting more than 56,000 members and an impressive $517 million in assets.
Diamond operates five full-service branch locations in the Berks County and the Pottstown area. In 2014, this credit union in Pennsylvania was rated as the 13th healthiest credit union in the U.S. and the number one credit union in Pennsylvania for financial health by DepositAccounts.com.
The money borrowed with a Credit Builder Loan is secured in a Diamond savings account where it will earn dividends for the life of the loan. As the loan is paid, the funds become available. Regular, on-time payments are reported to the credit bureaus to help improve the member’s credit score.
Key Factors Leading Us to Rank This Firm as One of This Year’s Top Credit Union Firms
Upon completing our detailed review, Pennsylvania State Employees Credit Union was included in AdvisoryHQ’s ranking of this year’s best credit unions based on the following factors.
Diamond Credit Union Review: Divide and Conquer Budgeting Tool
Divide and Conquer is a budgeting tool available for free to all Diamond Credit Union members. This tool provides a way to divide routine deposits in order to conquer specific financial goals.
With Divide and Conquer, members of this Pennsylvania credit union are able to:
- Set up specific savings accounts for holidays, vacations, down payment on a new car or house, etc.
- Automatically deposit a set amount into each of their accounts via direct deposit
- Customize accounts and set up alerts
- Transfer money
- Access accounts
- Maintain their lifestyle while achieving short-term financial goals
Diamond Credit Union Review: Savings Accounts Options
Whether saving for the future, a vacation, or the holidays, Diamond Federal Credit Union has a savings account options to fit every member’s financial needs.
Savings accounts available at this top notch credit union in Pennsylvania are:
- Membership Share Account: $5 deposit required to establish credit union membership, a great way to save extra cash
- Savings Plus Account: requires $1,000 minimum to earn dividends, offers flexibility of transfers and withdrawals
- Club Accounts: perfect for saving for vacation, holidays, wedding, education, etc.; no minimum balance requirement and funds are available throughout the year
- Junior Membership Account: membership savings account for those aged 12 and under, $5 opening deposit, and only custodian can make withdrawals
In addition to the above Diamond Credit Union review, you can click on any of the links below to browse exclusive reviews of AdvisoryHQ’s top rated banking firms & credit unions:
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.