Financial Connections Reviews (History / Overview)
Corte Madera-based (Marin County) Financial Connections is a fee-only financial advisory firm that has a history dating back to 1987, when Mel Gladstone started Gladstone Managed Investments (GMI) to offer investment management services through no-load mutual funds to his clients.
Image source: Big Stock
Jill Hollander, who is a Certified Financial Planner™, a Chartered Retirement Planning CounselorSM, and an Accredited Domestic Partnership AdvisorSM, joined the firm in 1993 and developed an independent financial planning practice within GMI.
Upon Mr. Gladstone’s retirement at age 80 in 1999, both practices (Financial Planning and Investment Management) were combined to form Financial Connections on January 1, 2000.
The firm began providing additional services to its clients when Brian Pon added Tax Services to the firm’s list of offerings in May of 2000.
In June 2008, the company relocated its main office to Corte Madera (Marin County). However the firm’s principals and staff still visit clients outside of Marin, to other areas including Berkeley.
As a fiduciary to its clients, the firm’s published minimum fee schedule, of $240 per hour for Financial Planning, and $7,500 annually for Investment Management, gives clients a very clear idea of what they should expect to pay as a client.
By opting for a Fee-only compensation model, the firm’s fee structure is very transparent to its clients, with no hidden costs and no 3rd-party referral fees or other forms of remuneration, even when referring clients to other service-providing professionals in the industry.
Jill has received numerous awards and accolades for her work in the financial industry, including:
- Being recognized by Wealth Manager Magazine as one of 50 Distinguished Women nationwide
- Named amongst the 25 Top Independent Wealth Advisor’s in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times
- Being the first recipient of FPA (Financial Planning Association) San Francisco Chapter’s Pro Bono Award
- Been associated with, and chaired many industry and professional bodies, including NAPFA (National Association of Professional Financial Advisors)’s West Region, and was a member of the National Board, TD Ameritrade National Advisors’ Panel, and PridePlanners™
Financial Connections Review – Team Members:
- Jill Hollander, Principal
- Brian Pon, Principal
- Chris Remedios
- Jenny Coffey Smith
- Kim Wohler
- Sheri Remail
Financial Connections Reviews – Services:
- Investment Management
- Retirement / Transition Planning
- Retirement Income and Withdrawal Strategies
- Long-Term Care Planning
- Estate Planning
- Hourly Financial Planning
- Divorce Financial Analysis
- Tax Planning and Preparation
- Risk Management (e.g., disability and life insurance)
Financial Connections’ Address Information:
- Main Office: 21 Tamal Vista Blvd. #105, Corte Madera, CA 94925
- Berkeley Office: 2608 Ninth Street #302, Berkeley, CA 94710
To Contact Financial Connections:
- Main Office: Phone: 415.924.1091
- Berkeley Office: Phone: 510.849.4667
- Email: [email protected]
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.