How Well Does Crepe Erase Work on Crepey Skin? We Reveal All in this Crepe Erase Review!
With age comes wisdom and experience, and also a new understanding of what middle-age spread and crepey skin mean. While you can’t stop the years from going by, many people do try to lessen the effects.
One way they do this is looking for the best lotion for crepe skin. One that will return some of the elasticity and firmness their skin had in days past. One of the popular lotions for crepey skin on the market is Crepe Erase®.
Crepe Erase cream promises instant results to reduce the appearance of crepey skin and give a continued improvement in the look of skin over time. Sounds great, right? But, does Crepe Erase really work as well as they say?
In this AdvisoryHQ Crepe Erase review we’ll take an in-depth look at multiple crepey skin cream reviews to get an understanding of how these products work, and answer the question, “What are crepes made of?”.
You’ll learn about Crepe Erase ingredients in their cream and what they do to fix crepey skin. We’ll also share some Crepe Erase reviews at Paula’s Choice and find out what that site says related to the truth about firming creams
And of course, we’ll delve into Crepe Erase reviews from multiple websites to hear what real users say, including Crepe Erase reviews on Amazon.
So, let’s get started! Is smooth, younger-looking skin only a few clicks away? We’ll find out the truth.
AdvisoryHQ Crepe Erase Review | Who Makes Crepe Erase Cream?
Crepe Erase® is a trademark of Guthy-Renker LLC, one of the largest direct consumer product marketing companies in the world.
Guthy-Renker is based in El Segundo, CA and was started in 1988 to develop and market products in the beauty, skincare, entertainment, and wellness areas. One of their most well-known products is Proactiv Solution, the best-selling acne treatment product.
Some of the products that they market in addition to their crepe skin cream are:
- Meaningful Beauty® Cindy Crawford
- Perricone MD
- Principal Secret® By Victoria Principal
- Sheer Cover™ Studio
With celebrity endorsements being a big part of their business, you might wonder, “Does Crepe Erase work with a celebrity endorser?”. Although her name isn’t part of the product name, they have a celebrity endorsement from actress Jane Seymour on their site.
During our Crepe Erase review about the company, we found that though Guthy-Renker is based in California, product returns are sent to Arden, NC. We’ll get into the guarantee and return policy for this crepe skin cream later in our review.
What Causes Crepey Skin?
The term “crepe” when talking about aging skin comes from crepe paper, that light-weight wrinkled tissue paper used for party steamers. Like crepe paper, crepey skin feels thinner and more delicate than normal skin and has lost some of its firmness and is wrinkly, similar to the paper.
When you’re evaluating the best lotions for crepey skin, it’s important to know what causes it in the first place so you know how to fix it. Many older men and women wonder, “What are crepes made of?”, meaning what actually causes this type of skin.
Crepe paper-like skin is caused by:
- Excessive weight loss
- Lack of moisture
- Sun’s UV Rays
How to Prevent Crepey Skin
According to dermatologists, protecting your skin from sun damage is a key recommendation for avoiding all types of skin issues, crepey skin being one of them.
Because lack of moisture is one of the contributing factors for crepe-like skin there are a few ingredients they recommend in lotions for the crepey skin. These include glycerin and hyaluronic acid, both of which pull in and hold moisture to help your skin look plump and stay hydrated.
Moisturizing ingredients like olive oil, coconut oil, and cocoa butter can also be helpful in softening and moisturizing the skin.
How Does Crepe Erase Really Work?
If Crepe Erase claims to be one of the best lotions for crepe skin, does it have ingredients that are recommended to improve the look of crepey skin? How does Crepe Erase work to make skin firmer and less wrinkled?
According to the Crepe Erase website, the lotion is enriched with TruFirm Complex, a compound engineered to promote healthy collagen and elastin. Results are reported to be seen immediately and to continue to improve over time.
Crepe Erase Ingredients
There is not much information provided about Crepe Erase ingredients on the main website because the TruFirm Complex is a proprietary formulation. They do mention that it contains three phytonutrients, which are chemical compounds found in plants thought to be beneficial for human health.
The three Crepe Erase ingredients they do divulge on the site are:
- Apple Extract to support healthy collagen and elastin
- Dill Extract to reinforce healthy elasticity and firmness
- Sage Extract to help restore the look of resiliency to the skin
But we dug a little bit deeper!
In our search for the answer to what are crepes made of, or actually, what is Crepe Erase cream made of, we found a full ingredients listing at Ultra Beauty. We’ve highlighted those dermatologist recommended ingredients below.
Water (Aqua), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-6, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 60, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Peucedanum Graveolens (Dill) Extract, Malus Sylvestris Flower Extract, Maltooligosyl Glucoside, Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate, Humic Acids, Ursolic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Ceteareth-20, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.
One more note about Crepe Erase ingredients: The product doesn’t include sunscreen, so you’ll want to use a broad spectrum SPF 15 or higher, according to the company’s FAQ.
Are There Any Crepe Erase Reviews from Clinical Trials?
If you’re wondering if there are any clinical trials or studies to answer, “Does Crepe Erase really work?” The company cites a couple on their website that are described as an “8-week clinical study” and an “evaluation by an expert clinical grader.”
Calling these clinical trials is a bit of a stretch, and their evaluations have just 49-50 participants, but they do offer up some Crepe Erase skin care reviews from their studies, surveys, and evaluations.
- 82% of users reported their skin was instantly smoother after 1 use
- 90% of users showed improvements in skin firmness on the arms after 4 weeks
- 98% of users saw a lifted appearance in the skin after 8 weeks
They note that individual results will vary.
Crepe Erase Skin Care Reviews | How Much Does Crepe Erase Cost?
For all those promises of firmer and better-looking skin, how much is Crepe Erase going to cost you? As you’ll find out in the next section, several of those who wrote Crepe Erase reviews on Amazon and other sites think the product is a bit expensive.
If you order from the manufacturer’s website, they have two package options.
2-piece Essentials System for $39.95
- Exfoliating Body Polish
- Intensive Body Repair Treatment
- Free 4-in-1 Eye Renewal Capsules
5-piece Maximum Results System for $59.95
- Exfoliating Body Polish
- Intensive Body Repair Treatment
- Refining Facial Scrub
- Restorative Facial Treatment
- Ultra Hydrating Body Lotion
- Free 4-in-1 Eye Renewal Capsules
If you read the fine print, you’ll find that they put you on a recurring charge and shipment plan unless you cancel it. They say that one month after your first Crepe Erase cream order is shipped, you’ll be shipped another order every three months.
You can cancel this auto-delivery by contacting them via their online chat or toll-free customer service number.
Can you buy Crepe Erase at stores? We’ll get into other places you can buy this crepe skin cream just a little farther down in this review.
Crepe Erase Reviews | How Well Does This Crepe Skin Cream Really Work?
Now, let’s hear from actual Crepe Erase reviews from those who’ve tried this crepe skin cream. Does Crepe Erase really work? You’ll hear from both those that say it does and those that don’t think so.
Crepe Erase Skin Care Reviews and Ratings:
So, overall does Crepe Erase work for most people? Here’s a rundown of how multiple reviewers for Crepe Erase scored the product.
- Amazon (295 Crepe Erase reviews) – 3.6 out of 5 stars
- BrightReviews (49 Crepe Erase reviews) – 1.9 out of 5 stars
- eBay (47 Crepe Erase reviews) – 4.6 out of 5 stars
- HighYa (131 Crepe Erase reviews) – 1.9 out of 5 stars
We’ll take a look at Crepe Erase skin care reviews on multiple online review sites including Crepe erase reviews on Amazon. We’ve chosen 5 each, positive and negative, to give you a full picture of how people feel about this lotion for crepe skin.
We’ll also follow those up with the overall Crepe Erase review and rating so you can see how many stars most users give Crepe Erase cream.
Positive Crepe Erase Reviews from Users
- In a happy Crepe Erase review on HighYa, the 57-year-old reviewer said they had issues with sagging and wrinkled skin. They saw amazing results from using Crepe Erase cream on their arms, hands, and legs and say they get compliments for their young-looking skin.
- In one of the Crepe Erase reviews on Amazon, the reviewer purchased this crepe skin cream for their 91-year-old father and they saw a dramatic improvement in the look and feel of the skin on his arms.
- A happy 64-year-old reviewer said they were amazed by how good the product makes their skin look. They weren’t sure about the unhappy crepey skin cream reviews because their experience with the product was excellent.
- In a 5-star Crepe Erase review a mother was so pleased with the results she saw on her arms and knees that she bought some for her 42-year old daughter to try as well. She called Crepe Erase a “little miracle in a jar.”
- While it may not be life-changing, this Crepe Erase reviewer said people are always commenting on how beautiful and glowing their skin is. They were pleased with the results and gave the product 5 stars in their Crepe Erase review on Amazon.
Negative Crepe Erase Reviews from Users
- An unhappy Crepe Erase review noted that they intended a one-time purchase to try this crepe skin cream, but were charged two more recurring charges. If asked, “Does Crepe Erase work?” they’d give a resounding, “No!” and said it was a “do-nothing” product.
- In one of the negative Crepe Erase reviews on Amazon, the reviewer felt foolish for even trying the product. They said they didn’t see any difference in their skin and the packaging lacked proper instructions.
- One Crepe Erase review at HighYa said they thought Crepe Erase was a scam. They did not notice any difference in their skin and they ended up returning the product.
- The product did not live up to the hype and wasn’t worth the expensive price tag in the opinion of a Crepe Erase review on Amazon. They said the crepe skin cream smelled nice but didn’t work after trying it for 3 months.
- Another of the crepey skin cream reviews that would not recommend the product said it worked fine as a moisturizer, but did nothing for crepey skin. They said there were a lot of cheaper products out there for just moisturizing.
Crepe Erase Reviews from Paula’s Choice
If you’ve been searching for information on Crepe Erase and what it is, you’ve most likely run across a reference to Crepe Erase reviews at Paula’s Choice.
Paula’s Choice is actually a competitive skin care product line. The company offers multiple products in the skin care and cosmetics market.
In a review of Paula’s Choice products, we did not see one specifically named for crepey skin repair, but they have several in their anti-aging section for wrinkle repair offering similar skin replenishing benefits.
The reason you might find that “Crepe Erase reviews Paula’s Choice” comes up when looking for reviews about the best lotion for crepe skin is because they have an article about crepe skin creams titled, “The Truth About Firming Creams.
They state that not all firming creams are created with the same quality ingredients. Here are the best crepe cream ingredients to look for according to the review by Paula’s Choice:
- Skin-restoring ingredients
- Salicylic acid (BHA)
- Glycolic acid (AHA)
Where Can You Buy Crepe Erase Lotion for Crepey Skin?
If you want to avoid the whole recurring shipment and billing thing when trying Crepe Erase skin cream, you can purchase the product at a few other outlets.
Some things you’ll want to consider are that you may pay more than you do when ordering directly from the manufacturer, and their money-back guarantee (we’ll tell you about that next) might not be included if you purchase from a third-party retailer.
Here are some of the places you can buy Crepe Erase:
- Ultra Beauty
Do You Get a Guarantee with Crepe Erase Cream?
If you try Crepe Erase and don’t think it works, can you return it for a refund?
Yes, the company offers a 60-day money-back guarantee. So you have a full two months to try out this lotion for crepey skin to see if you like it. If you’re not happy you can return the product left or empty containers for a full refund (minus shipping and handling).
You should include a copy of your invoice in the package you ship back and they suggest you get a Certificate of Mailing from your post office to keep for your records. Once they receive the return, it takes about 7 business days for them to process the refund.
AdvisoryHQ’s Crepe Erase Review Conclusion
It seems Crepe Erase receives a similar response to other anti-aging and skin firming creams. Some people say it works amazingly well, while others say it makes no difference at all.
The biggest complaint we saw, other than answering negatively to “Does Crepe Erase work,” is the recurring billing. People that didn’t read the fine print on the company’s website were not happy to get billed again 12 weeks later for another shipment they didn’t think they ordered.
So, the fact they didn’t think the product worked was compounded by what they thought was a recurring billing scam.
We found in a Crepe Erase review of their website that the fact that they use a recurring subscription model is clearly mentioned both on the order page and in their FAQ’s.
People expecting miracles might be disappointed, but for a moderate improvement in the tone and wrinkling of crepe skin, the product does seem to work for a good number of users. Whether it’s worth the price over another crepe skin cream is up to you.
Crepe Erase isn’t the cheapest firming cream out there, but it’s in the general ballpark of the same types of anti-aging creams as far as cost.
The company does offer a fairly risk-free way to try the product for up to 60 days, less the shipping/handling cost. Just be aware of the recurring billing and how to stop it when you want to by contacting their customer service.
So if you’re really interested to see if you’ll be one of the “success stories” for Crepe Erase, you can try it out and return it if you don’t like it, a deal that not all similar products offer.
AdvisoryHQ News Rate Table Disclaimer
Click here to read AdvisoryHQ’s disclaimer on the rate table(s) displayed on this page.
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.