Does the Copper Chef Pan Live Up to the Hype? Get the Full Scoop in Our Copper Chef Review
Images of fried eggs and melted hard candy just sliding out of their copper non-stick pan are a big draw for any home cook. It was that imagery that helped propel Copper Chef to becoming the #1 selling cookware brand in America.
Their copper pan As Seen on TV advertisements make cooking look so easy! No oil or grease needed, and the copper cookware evenly distributes the heat throughout the pan.
But does the Copper Chef set of pans and copper cookware live up to the ads? Can you really burn a piece of cheese and have it slide right out with no scraping? What are home cooks saying in copper pan reviews?
Before you purchase that Copper Chef cookware, you’ll want to read through AdvisoryHQ’s full Copper Chef review to get the scoop on this popular copper cookware brand. Is it really as easy to use as that QVC Copper Chef segment makes it look?
You’ll learn about the company behind Copper Chef cookware, what the main benefits their pans have over other skillets and cookware, and hear comments from Copper Chef pan reviews around the web.
Let’s get started and find out if Copper Chef cookware is really worth the price.
AdvisoryHQ News Copper Chef Review | The Company Behind the Brand
Tristar Products, Inc. is the company behind the Copper Chef pans and cookware. They’re a consumer products marketing company based in New Jersey with over $1 billion in sales.
The company has been around for a quarter of a century and is celebrating their 25th anniversary. While you may not recognize this name behind the copper pan as seen on TV, you may recognize some of their other popular products.
- AB Roller Evolution
- Clear TV
- Jack LaLanne’s Fusion Juicer
- Original Genie Bra
- Power AirFryer
Tristar Products often works with celebrity endorsements, and for the Copper Chef cookware that’s a chef, author, and restaurant owner Eric Theiss. You can find his restaurant, Meritage, in West Chester, PA.
In our Copper Chef Pan review, we found that the company invites inventors to submit ideas on their website and has product distribution in retailers like Walmart, Sam’s Club, QVC, and Target.
What Makes Copper Chef Pans Special?
When you first see a YouTube or QVC Copper Chef commercial, you might wonder, “What makes these copper pans so special?”. There are reasons they’ve become a top-selling cookware brand, one is great marketing, but that’s not all.
In order to attract the buyers, they have, these copper non-stick pans have to have features that make them unique. Copper cookware reviews online often include Copper Chef as one of the top brands.
Here’s an overview of the features highlighted in Copper Chef cookware reviews:
- Non-stick surface
- 5-layer, heavy-duty construction
- Even heat distribution
Let’s learn a little more about how the company describes each of those features in their copper pans and copper skillet reviews of the benefits.
The ease of a copper non-stick pan is a big draw in their commercials. They even melt a plastic cup in the pan and show it sliding right out.
They believe so much in their non-stick ceramic coating that they give it a lifetime warranty. We’ll get into details on that later in the review along with the money-back guarantee.
If you’re worried about finding the synthetic compounds PTFE or PFOA in a Copper Chef cookware review of materials that make up the non-stick surface, you can rest easy. Neither of these substances, which have been deemed undesirable, are used in Copper Chef pans.
5-Layer, Heavy-Duty Construction
You won’t have to worry about flimsy construction according to the company. They use 5 different metal layers for a pan that can stand up to just about every cooking challenge. You can even go from stove top to oven (up to 850 °F) without melting the handle.
In the company’s copper pan reviews about their WonderCooker, they tout the ability of the copper cooker to replace several different pots and pans in your kitchen. It has 14 different cooking functions that include everything from casserole dish to electric skillet.
Even Heat Distribution
Copper Chef sets use stainless steel induction plate technology to help distribute the heat so your food cooks evenly on all sides. This helps to reduce burnt food in the part of the pan that’s closest to the heat source.
Copper Cookware Reviews | The Products & Pricing
One of the tactics they use when selling QVC Copper Chef sets or selling on their own website is to group several pieces together. In copper pan reviews of their main site, we also see that they advertise a payment plan to help make the sets easier to buy.
Here’s a full rundown of the copper pans and sets offered at the Copper Chef cookware online store. You can also find these at multiple retailers. We’ll tell you who near the end of this Copper Chef review.
We’ll start with the prices on the Copper Chef sets then go into the individual pieces.
Wonder Cooker – $99.99
- Roaster Pan
- Grill Pan
- Tempered Glass Lid with Oil Infuser
- 2 Fry Baskets
- Copper Crisper
- Eric Theiss Recipe Book
12-pc Square Casserole Pan Set – $99.99
- 11” Casserole Square Griddle Pan
- 8” Deep Dish Square Casserole Pan w/ 8” Glass Lid
- 11” Casserole Deep Dish Pan w/ 11” Glass Lid
- 11” Extender Ring
- 11” Steamer Tray
- 11” Steam & Roast Tray
- 5” Fry Basket
- Two Silicone Side Handles
- Silicone Serving Mat
- Recipe book
15-pc 11” XL Casserole Pan Set – $149.99
- 11” Deep Square Casserole Pan w/ 11” Tempered Glass Lid
- 5” Deep Square Pan w/ 9.5” Tempered Glass Lid
- Induction Cooktop
- 11” Fry Basket
- 5” Fry Basket
- 11” Steamer Rack
- 5” Steamer Rack
- All Around Cooking Recipe Book
- Ultimate Cookbook Recipe Book
- 4-pc Utensil Set
5-pc Copper chef 11” XL Deep Dish Casserole Set – $69.99
- 11” Copper Chef XL Deep Dish Casserole Pan
- Steamer Rack
- Fry Basket
- Tempered Glass Lid
- Eric Theiss Recipe Book
Round Fry Pan Set – $29.99
- 8” Round Fry Pan
- 11” Round Fry Pan
Bake & Crisp Pan with Air Frying Crisper Basket – $39.99
- Bake & Crisp Pan
- Easy-Lift Serving Tray
- Adjustable Self-Slicing Separator
- Air Frying Crisper Basket
- Storage Lid
- Eric Theiss Recipe Book
Copper Crisper 2 pk. with Tongs – $29.99
- Copper Crisper with Mesh Tray and Cookie Sheet
- Copper Crisper XL with Mesh Tray and Cookie Sheet
- Restaurant-Quality Tongs
12” Round Fry Pan with Lid – $29.99
- 12” Round Fry Pan
- Glass Tempered Lid
Other Items You Can Buy
You can really get lost in the gadgets while shopping their online store. In addition to their copper cookware, you can find things like the Perfect Egg Maker and Copper Chef Power Airfryer. They also have a selection of cutlery, bakeware, and recipe books.
What About Shipping Costs?
You don’t have to worry about any extra cost for shipping added to the price of your Copper Chef pans. The company offers free shipping, even on the lower prices pans.
Copper Chef Reviews | Comparison to Other Cookware
Now that you know how much the Copper Chef line costs, it’s time to see how that compares to other comparable products on the market.
So, we did a copper cookware review of other copper, non-stick pans out there to give you an idea of what their competitors charge. We’ll compare the main copper non-stick frying pan.
Not: Not all will have the same construction quality, for example, the Gotham Steel handle doesn’t look quite a sturdy as the one on the Copper Chef pan.
As a reminder, Copper Chef offers a 2-pan set (8” and 11”) for $29.99.
Prices of Other Copper Non-Stick Pans:
- Gotham Steel – Two 9.5” pans for $19.99
- Red Copper® – Two 10” pans for $39.99 (plus knife)
- Williams Sonoma – One 10” pan for $149.95
So, you can see in our copper skillet reviews of pricing, that while Copper Chef isn’t the cheapest, it is a pretty good deal compared to the others out there.
Does this Copper Cookware Stand Up? Copper Chef Pan Reviews from Home Cooks
You’re probably thinking that everything sounds pretty good up to now, but how does Copper Chef cookware actually perform in person? Are you going to be cooking as effortlessly as the person with the copper pan as seen on TV?
It’s time to find out what people had to say in their Copper Chef pan reviews. We’ll see whether they thought the pans were worth the price and if they were as non-stick as promised.
You’ll get a good idea of how people felt about this cookware overall by the ratings given in Copper Chef reviews on multiple sites. Then, we’ll get down into the nitty-gritty of their Copper Chef cookware reviews and what they liked or didn’t like about these pans.
Copper Pan Reviews & Ratings:
How did this brand do in overall copper skillet reviews?
- BrightReviews (72 Copper Chef reviews) – 1.5 out of 5
- Highya (497 Copper Chef reviews) – 2.3 out of 5
- QVC (339 Copper Chef reviews) – 3.5 out of 5
- Walmart (102 Copper Chef reviews) – 4.5 out of 5
What did people mention specifically liking or disliking in Copper Chef pan reviews? Let’s find out now!
Copper Chef Review Highlights | Positive
- A happy customer said Copper Chef is all they use in their home. In their Copper Chef pan review, they said they were amazed at how well they work and that they were definitely as non-stick as advertised.
- Another reviewer said they fell in love with their Copper Chef frying pan and was planning to get the whole set one day. They also said it outcooked a competitor copper pan brand and was a superior product.
- A Walmart reviewer was impressed with the non-stick pan surface. They said it really does work as well as the copper pan as seen on TV.
- One reviewer mentioned using their Copper Chef square pan for everything from frying chicken to steaming food. In their copper cookware review, they said they’ve used it multiple times and have not had any issues with it.
- Seasoning the pans after they come out of the dishwasher was a tip provided in one Copper Chef review. The reviewer said if properly cared for, the pans last. They loved their set and made everything from eggs to grilled cheese with nothing sticking.
Copper Chef Review Highlights | Negative
- In one of the Copper Chef pan reviews on Highya, the reviewer had mixed feelings. They said the large square pot was worth it, but the fry pan and basket wore out after about 6 months, and they felt those two were a waste of money.
- Another unhappy reviewer said in their copper cookware review they had a set for about a year and that the pans started sticking after just 30 days. The non-stick coating was also had started to come off.
- In one of the copper pan reviews at Walmart, the reviewer said that the pan does cook well, but it warps and buckles even over low heat.
- Chipping pans and an expensive return policy were complaints in another Copper Chef review. The reviewer said their lifetime warranty wasn’t worth it because it required $14.99 per pan and they would have to pay to ship them back too.
- A QVC Copper Chef buyer echoed the sentiment that the non-stick surface doesn’t last. They said in their Copper Chef review that the pans didn’t last a year and they were very disappointed.
Where Can You Buy a Copper Chef Set or Pan?
If you’d rather purchase Copper Chef cookware from another retailer, you have several options of where you can buy.
Just know that the money-back guarantee may not be included if you’re purchasing your copper pans elsewhere, but you may find a lower price than on the Copper Chef website.
Here are some retailers where you can buy this copper cookware:
- Bed Bath & Beyond
- Home Depot
Copper Cookware Reviews | Money-Back Guarantee and Lifetime Warranty
What recourse do you have if you’re not happy with your Copper Chef pan purchase? How does their lifetime guarantee really work?
Here’s the lowdown on the guarantees for Copper Chef pans.
Copper Chef Money-Back Guarantee
In the copper pan reviews, there was mention in many of the negative ones about the non-stick coating wearing out rather quickly. If you order from the Copper Chef site, you’re covered by a 60-day money back guarantee.
If you’re unhappy with the products, you can return them within 60-days of the purchase date for a refund, excluding “processing and handling” charges. You first have to call their customer service department to get an authorization number.
You’ll also have to pay to ship the pans back.
Copper Chef Limited Lifetime Warranty
The non-stick ceramic coating on the Copper Chef pans and cookware is warranted to not peel, chip, or blister with normal home use for the lifetime of the original purchaser. So, you can’t pass the pans down and also pass down the lifetime guarantee!
Only the ceramic coating is covered by the warranty, not normal pan wear and tear. The warranty is for product replacement, or if not feasible, a refund of purchase price minus shipping, handling, and processing fees.
You have to pay $14.99 per pan with an enclosed check or money order, plus the cost to ship it back, which makes it seem more like they’re selling you another pan than a great warranty.
AdvisoryHQ’s Copper Chef Review Conclusion
While Copper Chef may be the top-selling copper cookware on the market, it does have its share of mixed copper pan reviews. A big percentage of the negative reviews for Copper Chef has to do with the non-stick surface (it’s biggest draw) not lasting very long.
But other purchasers say they swear by these copper pans and if you take care of them correctly, the coating lasts and the pans work great.
Some tips from the company on taking care of your Copper Chef pan set includes the following:
- Washing with non-abrasive soap or in the dishwasher
- Use a non-metallic scrubber
- Use only non-metallic utensils in the pan (wood, plastic, silicone, or bamboo)
- Don’t stack with other cookware when storing or use a soft cloth between them
While the pricing isn’t exactly rock bottom, for copper cookware it is in the more affordable range, especially when compared to high-end competitors like Williams Sonoma.
If you’re interested in trying out the Copper Chef pans to see if they’re as “magically” non-stick as they appear on TV, just remember that you have 60 days to return them. With proper care, you may end up enjoying that non-stick surface for a lot longer.
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.