Intro – Cinfed Credit Union Reviews & Ranking
Cinfed Credit Union was recently ranked and reviewed by AdvisoryHQ as a top rated credit union. Firms on our top rated lists were selected after they successfully passed AdvisoryHQ’s ground-breaking, four-step banks and credit unions selection methodology.
Click here for a step-by-step breakdown of the methodology and selection process used during our Cinfed Credit Union review: AdvisoryHQ’s Methodology for Selecting Top Banks and Credit Unions.
The Cinfed Credit Union review below provides a detailed assessment, including some of the factors used by AdvisoryHQ News in its ranking and selection of Cinfed Credit Union.
Cinfed Credit Union Review
As a not-for-profit financial institution, Cinfed Credit Union prides itself on treating each customer as a member, not an account number. Cinfed has been owned and operated by its members since 1934.
Cinfed has seven branch locations and multiple surcharge-free ATMs throughout Cincinnati and serves anyone who resides, works, worships, or goes to school in the counties of Hamilton, Kenton, Campbell, and Boone.
With over 80 years of financial service, Cinfed is able to offer its members a variety of products and services, which include free rewards checking, online banking, mobile banking to include remote deposit, excellent rates in auto loans, and convenient branch and ATM locations.
Cinfed has a set of values they follow in order to provide excellent service and support to its members. These values include:
- Listening – to understand members’ needs in order to coordinate the service & solutions to fit their needs.
- Integrity – to be honest and fair in order to earn each member’s trust.
- Compassion – to show empathy to each and every member as well as peers and to go above and beyond in the services and support they provide.
Image Source: Cinfed Credit Union
Key Factors Leading Us to Rank This Firm as One of This Year’s Top Credit Union Firms
Upon completing our detailed reviews, Cinfed Credit Union was included in AdvisoryHQ’s ranking of this year’s best credit unions based on the following factors.
Cinfed Credit Union Review: Checking Accounts
Cinfed knows that there are various checking account options for you to choose from, so they provide a variety of accounts to fit its members’ needs. Each account offered provides its members with convenience, rewards, online and mobile access, and more.
The checking accounts available at Cinfed include:
- Free Kasasa Cash Checking – Earn up to 2.00% APY, refunds on ATM fees, no monthly service fee, no minimum balance to earn rewards or open an account, free online banking/bill pay, free e-statement and debit card, and unlimited check writing
- Kasasa Cash Back – Earn $4 cashback on debit purchases each month, automatically save when linked to a Kasasa Saver account, refunds on ATM fees, no monthly service fee, no minimum balance to earn rewards or open an account, free online banking/bill pay, free e-statement and debit card, and unlimited check writing
- Cinfed Basic Checking – No monthly service fee, 24/7 account access, free debit card and bill pay, unlimited check writing, unlimited ATM/debit card transactions, unlimited withdrawals/deposits, free out-of-network ATM transactions (6 per month)
- Fresh Start – A second chance checking account to assist with rebuilding credit that includes a debit card, checks, direct deposit, e-statements, and online banking ($30 initial deposit and $6.95 monthly fee)
To view the fees charged for overdraft, non-sufficient funds, stop payment, deposit item returned, and more, please see Cinfed’s Schedule of Fees.
Cinfed Credit Union Review: Online Banking
Cinfed offers convenient free banking & bill pay to its members with safe and secure access to your accounts, wherever and whenever you need it. Using the bill pay feature allows you to pay your bills online anytime.
Using CINFED ONLINE, you have the ability to:
- Set account alerts
- Check balances
- Review account history
- Check for deposits and cleared checks
- Transfer funds (between Cinfed accounts)
- Rename accounts (pseudonyms)
- Make Cinfed credit card and loan payments
- Re-order checks
- Download transactions
Cinfed Credit Union Review: Mobile Deposit
Cinfed offers mobile deposit where you can deposit checks directly into your Cinfed account, anywhere, at any time simply by using your smartphone. You just have to take a picture of the front and back of the check you wish to deposit and then click “Deposit.” It’s that easy!
To use Cinfed Mobile Deposit, you are required to fill out the Mobile Deposit Application. Once the application is complete, you download the Cinfed mobile app from the iPhone App or Android Play Store, log in, and start depositing checks.
To assist its members in using the mobile deposit feature, Cinfed has provided a Mobile Deposit Tutorial, as well as a Printable Mobile Deposit Guide.
In addition to the above Cinfed Credit Union review, you can click on any of the links below to browse exclusive reviews of AdvisoryHQ’s top credit unions:
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.