How’s the Shopping at Chic Me Clothing? Can You Trust this Fashion Site? Find Out All in Our Chic Me Review!
The virtual shopping mall of the internet has opened up the world of boutique fashion at cut-rate prices. You can now shop clothing styles from around the world all from the comfort of your sofa.
Retailers have followed the trend, and new discount fashion sites are popping up everywhere and using social media apps like Instagram to boost their profile. One that has gained over 1 million Instagram followers is Chic Me.
Chic Me Clothing
The draw of chic clothing at prices “50% to 80% cheaper than local” is what brings shoppers to the site to buy Chic Me shoes, dresses, and more. But how many are repeat buyers?
With the elimination of geographical shopping barriers also comes some risk. How do you know which fashion websites live up to their online promises? Is Chic Me a safe website?
For this AdvisoryHQ News Chic Me review, we’ve done some digging to bring you the truth about this budget retailer. We’ll answer the question, “Where is Chic Me located?” and take a look at the types of fashion they sell and average pricing.
Most importantly, you’ll hear what shoppers say about the site in their Chic Me reviews and what types of overall ratings the company receives. We’ll bring you both the positive and negative chic clothing reviews so you can decide for yourself!
AdvisoryHQ Chic Me Review | About the Company
It’s not unusual for these international sites to have little information about the history of their company. Many are designed to target a specific shopper demographic and several similar sites may be owned by the same multinational corporation.
In the case of Chic Me, a review of their website domain registration shows the domain was first privately registered in 2007.
On their About Us page, they say their vision is to bring happiness into every woman’s life. They offer 100,000+ product styles and do over 500 daily style updates.
Where is Chic Me Located?
If you’re wondering, “Where is Chic Me Located?”, the answer is a little complicated because it’s more than one place. We’ll give you a breakdown below of what we found in our Chic Me review of company locations.
The company lists an accounts receivable only address in London, England on their website, but they caution not to use that address for returning clothes.
Their customer service phone number is based in China. The working hours are from 1:00 AM to 10:00 AM US Eastern, which would make sense if they’re located in China, which is about 12 hours’ time difference from the US Eastern time zone.
What Do They Sell? Chic Me Clothing & Shoes
Chic Me clothing has an overall sophisticated, body-hugging look to it. In addition to chic clothing, they sell an assortment of Chic Me shoes, stilettos, sandals, and boots.
Average pricing for Chic Me dresses is in the $25 to $30 range. For Chic Me shoes, you’ll pay in the ballpark of $35 to $55. They have a few jewelry accessories, but not many. Most you can buy for less than $15.
You have the option to purchase directly off their website or through their Chic Me app for iPhone or Android devices. When we go through Chic Me review, we’ll also include the app ratings.
Types of Items You’ll Find at ChicMe.com:
- Plus Size
- Jackets & Coats
- Jewelry & Accessories
How Much Does Chic Me Shipping Cost?
A high shipping cost can cut into the “great deal” you’re getting on clothing at some of these chic clothing sites. This is where the question, “Where is Chic Me located” often arises, because it may mean higher shipping costs.
If you don’t mind waiting up to 25 business days and order at least $59 worth of clothing or shoes, then shipping is free. You won’t pay anything extra.
Note: Shipping times are on top of the 3 to 7 business day processing time for an order.
We did a test cart order with Chic Me shoes and a dress that came in a less than the $59, and the cost was:
- $5.99 for standard shipping
- $1.60 to add insurance
They mention that you can pay extra for expedited or express shipping, but we did not see those options offered in the shopping cart.
The company gives discounts on future purchases for shipments that take longer than their policy states.
Chic Me Return Policy
If you’re not happy with your purchase, what can you do? Is Chic Me a safe website that will let you return items? Here’s the scoop on Chic Me’s return policy.
- You can return items within 30 days from the date you received it for an exchange or refund.
- The original bag & tag should be intact with no damage.
- Swimsuits, lingerie, bodysuits, jewelry, and accessories cannot be returned or exchanged.
- Contact customer service for the return address, do not return it to the address on the package.
- Shipping and insurance fees are non-refundable.
- You must pay for the return shipping.
- Refunds take 24 hours for PayPal and 7 to 15 business days for credit cards.
Chic Me Reviews
All-in-One Change Management Tools
Top Rated Toolkit for Change Managers.
Get Your Change Management Tool Today...
Chic Me Reviews | What Shoppers Say About Chic Me Clothing
Is Chic Me a safe website to shop? Do the clothes look like they do in the photos? It’s time to hear from reviews on Chic Me how well this chic clothing site really stands up.
Let’s see how Chic Me shoes and clothing scored overall in combined review ratings.
Chic Me Reviews | Overall Rating Scores:
In Chic Me reviews and ratings, the site comes out mid-range. One note we found on the Trustpilot site was that they discovered a large number of fake reviews on the company and had removed them.
- Influenster – 3.9 out of 5 (209 Chic Me reviews)
- Sitejabber – 3.2 out of 5 (583 Chic Me reviews)
- Trustpilot – 3.1 out of 10 (640 Chic Me reviews)
We’re first going to take a look at some of the positive online Chic Me reviews and then we’ll hear from those who weren’t so happy with their purchases.
Chic Me Review Highlights | They Like It!
- A happy shopper that loved their experience said they ordered three dresses. In their Chic Me review, they said two of them fit perfectly and the company offered a partial refund for the one that didn’t fit quite as well. They said they would order from the site again.
- In a 5-star Chic Me review, the reviewer praised Chic Me’s customer service and said they were very responsive. They felt the items were good quality and a great value for the money spent and that delivery was fast.
- A shopper that uses the site not for their chic clothing, but for Chic Me shoes and accessories, said they love the quality of their items and had been shopping there for about 3 to 4 years.
- A Facebook Chic Me sale shopper said she was skeptical at first but glad that she gave them a chance. She said the shirt ordered was true to the description and photo, and that she’d received tons of compliments. Her only wish was faster shipping.
Chic Me Review Highlights | They Don’t Like It!
- A parent who had purchased a jumpsuit for their daughter said they were appalled at the lack of quality and customer service. Their Chic Me review mentioned there were marks on the clothing, a stuck zipper, and that it was cheaply made.
- In another disappointed Chic Me review, the shopper had ordered two items. One came three weeks later and the other didn’t arrive. They said the item looked nothing like the representation on the website and when they asked for a refund they were offered a coupon and percentage off a new order instead.
- Both a swimsuit and jumpsuit ordered by one reviewer were lacking. In their Chic Me review, they said one piece was defective and the other came in the wrong size and color. They didn’t want to pay the cost of shipping the clothing back and all the company offered was a discount on a future order.
- A mixed Chic Me reviewer that had ordered several times said it’s hit or miss. Sometimes the clothes fit and look like the picture, and other times they don’t. Some are better quality, while others are poorly made. They said it’s a gamble to order there but at least the order process is easy.
Popular Article: Learn More About Chicwish Return & Exchange Policy for US and UK
Chic Me App Reviews
If you like shopping on your smartphone, then you won’t be disappointed because there’s a Chic Me app for both Android and Apple devices.
Here are some ratings and reviews on the Chic Me app:
- iTunes Store: 2.7 out of 5 stars
- Google Play Store: 4.2 out of 5 stars
People tend to find the Chic Me app easy to use and convenient. However, while the buying experience is easy, they had the same types of complaints about clothing quality.
Bonus: They are currently offering a coupon for a 45% discount when you place your first order with the Chic Me app.
AdvisoryHQ’s Chic Me Review Conclusion
So, is Chic Me a scam or is it a safe website to shop? The reviewer that said it best was the one that cautioned, “It’s a gamble.”
For many shoppers, you may get clothing that looks like the photo and is a great deal, but for many others the experience is different.
Several customers complain in their Chic Me review about cheap clothing quality and products that do not look at all like the online product photos.
The return policy reviewers mention being offered a discount instead of a refund which is a big red flag. It seems that the cost of shipping the items back leaves many shoppers just keeping the clothes that they can’t use and feeling scammed.
The policy is clearly stated on the company’s website, but not the return address where you should ship the clothing back to (which is most likely in Asia). You have to contact their customer service to get that address to start a return process.
The pricing of Chic Me’s clothing is a big draw for many, and it’s possible you could find a great deal. But “buyer beware” is especially important on a website like this one with so many unhappy shoppers.
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.