Many people wonder “What is Check ’n Go?” and “Is it right for me?”
Well, Check ’n Go is a business that offers installment loans, payday loans, cash advances, and check cashing to qualified individuals living in one of the 24 states the company services.
Installment loans and payday loans can be great for people in a pinch and desperate for money; however, you should be sure to read the fine print before applying and pay close attention to the interest rates, which can be outrageously high and cause trouble.
Image Source: Check ‘n Go Review
Check ’n Go Principles
Check ’n Go opened in 1994 as a small, family-owned business that placed value on providing excellent customer service, which has made Check ’n Go a leader in the payday loan industry. Check ’n Go stood in the gap to offer financial answers to problems otherwise ignored by “traditional” lenders.
They take great satisfaction in being involved continuously throughout the entire loan process, one of the only payday loan lenders to do so. Once you have been approved, they deliver fast transactions and outstanding customer service.
Check ’n Go considers it a huge responsibility to give out payday loans. Lending isn’t just about the business transaction. They have taken on the role of being a reliable supplier of payday loans so that they can offer their services to people who need their financial assistance.
At Check ’n Go, they are also continuously working to guarantee that their customers’ privacy and personal information remains protected and safe by paying special attention to their online security measures. By constantly developing fresh and innovative ways to provide their customers with a lending experience that is both convenient and pleasant, they are able to continue being a frontrunner in online payday loans.
Check ’n Go Offerings
Payday loans are short-term loans to help you out before your next paycheck. Our payday loans are quick to apply for, are received the next business day once approved, and all you need for approval is proof of income, a form of ID, and a current bank account.
Installment loans include larger borrowed sums, longer repayment terms, and a similar, easy application. They’re quick to attain as you get them as soon as the next business day, easy to get approved for, and online installment loans are available.
Cash advances are short-term loans that are left unsecured, allowing you to access the funds from your next paycheck. These advances are great to use to get you through a short-term and temporary budget shortfall. They, like the payday and installment loans, are easy to get approved for and arrive as soon as the next business day.
Check ’n Go offers check cashing with the option of extended hours, special offers, and the option to cash your tax return check for as low as 1.99%. The rates vary from state to state, and the service is only available in OH, FL, KS, KY, MI, MO, TN, and TX currently.
The NetSpend Prepaid MasterCard helps you easily manage your credit. You may use it to pay your bills online, through the phone, in-person, and at a variety of shops and grocers.
All-in-One Change Management Tools
Top Rated Toolkit for Change Managers.
Get Your Change Management Tool Today...
In-Store Payday Loan
If you would like to qualify for a Check ’n Go in-store payday loan, here is a list of what you will need:
- A verified source of income
- A working phone and phone number
- A checking account that is active
- Proof that you are of legal age in your state
- No unpaid payday loans with Check ’n Go
- Ability to meet the specific state’s guidelines
- Proof of income–generally done with a paystub, but other forms are accepted
- A valid check that can be post-dated
- A valid government issued ID, driver’s license, or other ID
Online Payday Loan
To qualify for an online payday loan from Check ‘n Go.com, you will need the following:
- A verifiable source of income
- An active checking account that will allow your loan to be directly deposited
- An email address that is active
- Proof that you are of legal age in your state
- No unpaid payday loans with Check ‘n Go
- Being able to meet the specific state’s guidelines
If your application is approved by 8:00pm EST, your approved amount will be deposited the next business day. Some borrowers might be eligible for an online payday loan without having to fax in any documentation and will be approved just by confirming their phone number and email address. If you have to fax in additional documents, however, you may need to provide one or more of the following:
- Your pay stub within the last 30 days or another proof of income
- Your most recent bank statement within the last 30 days
- Any further documents necessary by state law for an online payday loan
If you are unsure if you qualify, you can visit the FAQ page of Check ’n Go to see if your questions are answered there.
Image Source: Check ‘n Go Services
It is advisable that, prior to making your loan application, you take a look at the types of loans that the Check ‘n Go website has to offer. Consider the loans available to you, their terms, and the minimum and maximum loan lengths and amounts.
Check ‘n Go’s services are not available at all states. It currently operates in:
- New Mexico
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
Check ’n Go’s website offers an interactive map with which you can use to select your state to check online eligibility. From there, you can check out the rates and terms that correspond with your individual state of residency.
1. Start the online process by using the Check ’n Go online application tool which requires the following to apply:
- An active account under your name
- A stable source of income
- A telephone number
- A valid email address
2. Select your state of residence from a drop-down menu.
3. Enter the loan amount you wish to borrow.
4. Enter all of your account information.
5. Enter all of your personal information.
6. Enter all of your income information.
7. Enter all of your bank information.
8. Accept the terms and services.
Once you have created an account, your next application will be a breeze as this information will remain in your account.
Online Application, In-Store Pickup
1. Start the online process by using the Apply Online method that allows in-store pickup.
2. Select your state of residence from the menu.
3. Select the store that is closest to you in proximity.
4. Fill out the complete online application with all of your account, personal, income, and bank information.
5. Pick up your cash at your local Check ’n Go store.
Store Application and Pickup
1. Select your state of residence from the interactive map tool.
2. Choose the closest store to you by
3. Select the store closest to you using the location search tool.
4. Begin the store application process by entering your account, customer, income, employment, and bank information.
5. Select your store appointment date and time.
6. Enter the information of three personal references.
7. Accept the terms and services.
Upon completion, all the information is wired immediately to your local store.
Check ‘n Go Reviews and Feedback
One of the best ways to get to know the services that Check ’n Go provides is through reviews. A quick search of Check ’n Go reviews provides a glimpse into the contrasting views that their customers have provided.
As an example, the review website Supermoney shows both sides of the coin, the positive and negative reviews. The site shows 71% positive feedback and a 29% negative feedback. The positive reviews tend to cite courteous employees, helpful service, and reasonable fees. However, the negative reviews focus on issues with how money is handled and how it affects customers’ credit records.
Also, many customers were surprised by the amount of interest they owed (save yourself this headache by reading all of the fine print!)
As most review sites offer reviews for specific locations, it is best to visit the review site for the specific location you wish to use. Most feedback seems to refer to individual problems with specific workers at various stores and is not applicable to other Check ’n Go locations.
Check ’n Go offers quick and easy access to money needed in difficult situations. They offer more than just loans, and there are many ways you can get their loans, from online to in-store. They also offer cash advances, check cashing, and prepaid cards, and may offer you the option to rest easy during temporary times of financial hardship.
Carefully consider the website’s positives and negatives and read the fine print. Taking out a loan is not an easy, two-step process, no matter how easy they make it seem. Always check the APR percentages offered by these types of services. Consider other options if you believe that it is not necessary to take on a large amount of interest, as other options may be more suited to your current situation.
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.