Intro – Capital One Reviews & Ranking
Capital One was recently ranked and reviewed by AdvisoryHQ as a top rated bank. Firms on our top rated lists were selected after they successfully passed AdvisoryHQ’s ground-breaking four-step banks and credit unions selection methodology.
Click here for a step-by-step breakdown of the methodology and selection process used during our Capital One review: AdvisoryHQ’s Methodology for Selecting Top Banks and Credit Unions.
The Capital One reviews below provide a detailed review of Capital One, including some of the factors used by AdvisoryHQ News in its ranking and selection of Capital One.
Capital One Review
Capital One is a banking and lending institution frequently ranked as not only one of the best banking firms in the whole of the U.S. Capital One is a Fortune 500 company and one of the most recognized names in banking. It’s also one of the top 10 largest banks in the U.S. based on deposits.
Image Source: Capital One
Along with being one of the top banks, Capital One serves personal, business, and commercial banking customers in New Jersey, Texas, Louisiana, Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
Key Factors Leading Us to Rank This Firm as One of This Year’s Top Banking Firms
Upon completing our Capital One reviews, Capital One was included in AdvisoryHQ’s ranking of this year’s best banking firms based on the following factors.
Capital One Review: 360 Savings
This online savings account is designed to be simple, but also to deliver value to account holders. The following are features of 360 Savings from Capital One:
- There are no fees and no minimum balance required either to open or maintain this account
- This is a high-interest rate savings account with competitive rates
- Account holders can connect with a real person either online or by phone at any time, and there is mobile access to the 360 Savings account
- There are options to open multiple savings accounts with different purposes
- Deposits are FDIC-insured
- Account holders can deposit checks from anywhere using their smartphone or computer
Capital One Review: CreditWise
CreditWise from Capital One is a tool that lets customers of the bank see their credit score for free, and it’s updated weekly.
This program also shows account holders the primary factors impacting their credit, and the Credit Simulator provides a look at how individual decisions could affect that score.
For Capital One customers using CreditWise, their credit score won’t be negatively affected, and it’s a free service which doesn’t require clients of the bank to enter their credit card number to receive their information.
You can also see increases or dips in your credit score on a monthly basis and learn how to improve your score, all with the use of CreditWise.
Capital One Review: Quicksilver Cash Back Rewards Card
One of the things Capital One is known for are their credit card options, and perhaps the most popular of their card offerings is the Quicksilver Cash Back Rewards Card, which is designed for people with excellent credit.
The Quicksilver card offers the following features and benefits:
- Unlimited 1.5% cash back rewards on every purchase, with no limit on how much can be earned
- A one-time bonus of $100 once a card holder spends $500 on purchases within three months
- Rewards never expire, and they can be redeemed for cash back at any time
- There is no annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- Fraud coverage and security alerts
- Complimentary Visa Signature Concierge service
Capital One Review: Online Services
As one of the top banking firms, Capital One offers many online tools and features that make banking easier, more convenient, and more accessible for account holders. Some of its online and mobile services include:
- Online BillPay lets customers schedule their payments so they’re always on time, and if a scheduled payment doesn’t arrive on time, Capital One pays the fees
- Text and email alerts make it easy for bank customers to keep track of everything going on with their accounts and also receive things like low balance reminders
- Apple Pay provides an advanced, secure way to pay from an iPhone
- Mobile Check Deposit is ideal for avoiding trips to the bank and for depositing checks from anywhere using a mobile device
- Capital One Wallet is a tool to help account holders maintain control of their finances and keep track of transactions
Click on any of the links below to browse exclusive reviews of AdvisoryHQ’s top rated banking & credit union firms:
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.