2017 RANKING & REVIEWS
TOP RANKING CYBERSECURITY COMPANIES
Here Are the Top Cyber Security Companies Keeping Your Information Safe in 2017
Whether you are an individual simply wanting a good firewall for your home computer or a large enterprise needing a broad range of protection services, cyber security companies play an important role in many people’s lives.
The rise of technology brings pros and cons to our lives. We now have access to all the fastest and most convenient ways to live our lives and run our businesses.
But with that comes infinite possibility for cyber attack and the need for cyber security companies.
This is why we have created a 2017 ranking of the best cybersecurity companies you can choose from that offer cyber security services and products.
Award Emblem: Top 6 Best Cyber Security Companies
Each one of these top cybersecurity companies has a track record of helping their clients gain secure and protected information systems. In fact, each one ranked within the top 10 of the Cybersecurity 500 in 2016.
We will start off this guide by explaining exactly what cybersecurity companies do and what they offer.
Then, we will go ahead and list the best cyber security companies. In that list, you will learn about each cybersecurity company and see a list of recognitions it has received for its field.
AdvisoryHQ’s List of the Top 6 Best Cybersecurity Companies
List is sorted alphabetically (click any of the cybersecurity company names below to go directly to the detailed review section for that cyber security company):
Top 6 Best Cyber Security Companies | Brief Comparison & Ranking
Cybersecurity 500 Ranking
Check Point Software Technologies
Tel Aviv, Israel
Palo Alto Networks
Santa Clara, CA
Colorado Springs, CO
Table: Top 6 Best Cyber Security Companies | Above list is sorted alphabetically
What Are Cyber Security Companies?
Before we go through the six top cybersecurity companies of 2017, let’s make sure we know exactly what the best cybersecurity companies are and what they do.
Cybersecurity is the collection of technology, hardware, software, processes, etc. that protect all sorts of computers, networks, and data from attack or unauthorized access.
Image Source: Pixabay
Cybersecurity companies innovate, create, sell, and manage these types of services for everyone from a regular consumer to multi-million/billion dollar enterprises.
- You may need cybersecurity to keep your personal information from getting hacked.
- Organizations like the NFL need all their information safely stored.
- Companies like Amazon.com need their customers’ data safely secured.
- Governmental branches like the Department of Education need all their confidential information protected.
The list goes on and on. This is why choosing the best cyber security companies is so vital. You are placing all your most important and delicate information into the hands of this cybersecurity company to keep it away from those who would do harm.
Do You Need Top Cybersecurity Companies?
Are cyber security firms even necessary? The short answer: yes. Here are a couple stats to consider.
- Damage from cybercrime is anticipated to total an annual $6 trillion by 2021.
- The average cost of a data breach in the United States is $6.5 million.
- Outside of money, almost 170 million records were hacked in 2015 from over 780 online information breaches.
- Each of those stolen records costs a company approximately $154.
- It is assumed that attackers are in a network for more than 200 days before they get detected.
- Significantly less than half of international organizations feel they are ready for a complicated cyber attack.
- Think only large enterprises get hit? Think again. Over 40% of cyber attacks happen to small businesses.
For reasons like these, cyber security companies are a vital part to running any sort of business or web-based activity.
AdvisoryHQ’s Selection Methodology
What methodology does AdvisoryHQ use in selecting and finalizing the credit cards, financial products, firms, services, and products that are ranked on its various top-rated lists?
Please click here “AdvisoryHQ’s Ranking Methodologies” for a detailed review of AdvisoryHQ’s selection methodologies for ranking top-rated credit cards, financial accounts, firms, products, and services.
Detailed Review – Top Ranking Best Cybersecurity Companies
Below, please find a detailed review of each cybersecurity company on our list of cyber security firms. We have highlighted some of the factors that allowed these top cybersecurity firms to score so highly in our selection ranking.
Check Point Software Technologies Review
The first cybersecurity company to make our list of top cybersecurity firms in 2017 is Check Point Software Technologies. Their main cybersecurity sector is unified threat management.
Their cyber security services reach everyone from small or medium-sized businesses to enterprises and large service providers.
According to their website, they “secure more than 100,000 businesses and millions of users worldwide.” Check Point is also the longest running of all the cybersecurity companies on this list.
Check Point creates products and solutions for the following categories:
- Next generation threat prevention
- Next generation firewalls
- Endpoint security
- Public and private cloud
- Security management
- Mobile security
As one of the best cybersecurity companies, here are two other recognitions Check Point has received recently:
- Forbes highlighted the top cyber security companies in the Pure-Play category and Check Point Software Technologies came up #1.
- Out of the best cyber security companies, Check Point Software Technologies made Skyhigh’s list of top cyber security companies for network security and data loss prevention.
- Check Point was named one of Nanalyze’s top cybersecurity companies to invest in.
Next up on our cyber security companies list is FireEye. Their main cybersecurity sector is advanced threat protection.
As one of the best cybersecurity companies, FireEye prides itself on having “more than 825 of the Forbes Global 2000” as their customers.
Image Source: FireEye
Their products and cyber security services include:
- Proactive tests
- Breach preparedness
- Network security
- Email security
- Endpoint security
- Content security
- Threat analytics platform
- Incident response services
- Forensics and investigation
- And more
Here are some of the top recognitions for this cybersecurity company:
- Out of the top cybersecurity companies, CyberSecurity Ventures named FireEye the “Most Comprehensive Cyber Defense Provider” in 2016.
- Business Insider created an “important cyber security companies list” in 2015. FireEye and its CEO Dave DeWalt made that list.
- Forbes highlighted the top cyber security companies in the Pure-Play category, and FireEye came up #6.
- FireEye was named one of Nanalyze’s top cybersecurity companies to invest in.
Now let’s look at Fortinet, the next of the best cyber security companies in 2017. Their main cybersecurity sector is enterprise security solutions.
With over 290,000 customers, this is one of the largest cyber security companies in the world. Some of their cyber security services include:
- Advanced persistent threat detection
- WLAN and switching
- Visualized security products
- Application security
- Identity and access management
- And more
As one of the best cybersecurity companies, here are more accolades Fortinet has received online recently:
- CyberSecurity Ventures called Fortinet one of the cybersecurity companies that “Leads the Way in Security Appliances” in 2016.
- Forbes highlighted the top cyber security companies in the Pure-Play category and Fortinet came up #5.
- Fortinet was named one of Nanalyze’s top cybersecurity companies to invest in.
Herjavec Group Review
Herjavec Group is one the best cyber security companies on this list with the goal to support your IT security. Their main cybersecurity sector is information security services.
Since it ranked at #2 on the list of Cybersecurity 500’s cyber security firms, it is absolutely a company worth watching.
This cyber security company has a three-pronged system of consulting, managing, and remediating. A breakdown of these cyber security services include:
- Security consulting
- PCI compliance
- Professional services
- Identity and access management
- Remediation services
- Project management
Here are some of the rankings Herjavec Group has gained from being one of the top cybersecurity companies:
- Out of the top cyber security companies, Cybersecurity Ventures named the Herjavec Group the “Leading International IT Security Consulting Firm” in 2016.
- Out of the best cyber security companies, Herjavec Group made Skyhigh’s list of top cyber security companies for services and consulting.
- ITBusinessEdge names Herjavec Group the #2 choice out of the best cybersecurity companies.
Palo Alto Networks
Next up for the best cybersecurity companies is Palo Alto Networks. Their main cybersecurity sector is threat detection and prevention.
Calling themselves the “next-generation” cybersecurity company, Palo Alto is one more of the most innovative of the best cyber security companies. Their list of cyber security services include:
- Event recording
- SAAS security
- Cloud security
- Threat prevention
- Credential theft
- Management at scale
- And more
This cybersecurity company has received much positive attention online recently, including:
- Cybersecurity Ventures called Palo Alto Networks the “Most Innovative NGFW Player” among cyber security firms in 2016.
- Business Insider created an “important cyber security companies list” in 2015. Palo Alto and its founder Nir Zuk made that list.
- Forbes highlighted the top cyber security companies in the Pure-Play category, and Palo Alto came up #2.
- Palo Alto was named one of Nanalyze’s top cybersecurity companies to invest in.
With a wide variety of cyber security services and products, it is easy to see why root9b gained the #1 spot for Cybersecurity 500.
Image Source: root9B
Many of the staff and developers of this cyber security company have built their roots working for the United States Department of Defense.
As one of the greatest cybersecurity companies in 2017, root9B offers the following:
- Manned information security
- Adversary pursuit center
- Traditional cyber security
- Capability development
- An active adversary pursuit operations program
- A credential assessment
- And more
Here are some of the other recognitions root9b has received as one of the top cybersecurity firms:
- Out of all the best cybersecurity companies, root9B topped Cybersecurity Ventures’ list of Cyber Top 10 for 2016.
- Out of the best cyber security companies, root9B made Skyhigh’s list of top cyber security companies for services and consulting.
- ITBusinessEdge named root9B the #1 choice out of 25 top cybersecurity companies.
Conclusion – 6 Top Cyber Security Companies
Now you have a better idea of the best cybersecurity companies of 2017. These are the cyber security firms offering protection to our world’s computer systems.
If you are an individual, you can look into the consumer options from these top cybersecurity companies.
If you are a small or medium-sized business, you can look into the cyber security company options scaled to fit your needs and your budget.
If you are a large enterprise, you can see the comprehensive list of products and management services these top cyber security companies offer.
No matter your security needs, at least one of these best cyber security companies should fit all of your needs in 2017.
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.