2017 RANKING & REVIEWS
TOP RANKING BEST CULINARY SCHOOLS IN THE WORLD
Learn More About the Top Culinary Schools in the World in 2017
Some people searching for the best culinary schools in the world want to make creating food their life’s work. Other people looking for the best cooking schools in the world simply want to learn from the masters to improve their personal cooking.
But no matter who you are, we are here to offer you the “best culinary schools in the world ranking for 2017” with our examination of the best cooking schools in the world.
Award Emblem: Top 6 Best Culinary Schools in the World
In this guide, you will find six of the top culinary schools in the world. Our list of culinary schools has kept culinary schools rankings in mind, as well as focusing on unique offerings and master courses.
Many of these international culinary schools are the best chef schools in the world, offering professional courses to earn advanced degrees in the culinary arts.
At the same time, many of the international culinary schools also offer fun cooking classes for adults and children alike.
Check out our list of culinary schools below to learn more about the best culinary schools in the world ranking for 2017, and to perhaps find the top culinary schools in the world for you!
AdvisoryHQ’s List of the Top 6 Best Culinary Schools in the World
List is sorted alphabetically (click any of the international culinary institute names below to go directly to the detailed review section for that world’s best culinary school):
- Academia Barilla: Italy
- Culinary Institute of America
- École Lenôtre
- Hattori Nutrition College
- Le Cordon Bleu
- Tante Marie Culinary Academy
Top 6 Best Cooking Schools in the World | Brief Comparison & Ranking
Culinary School Rankings
|Culinary Institute of America|
Hyde Park, New York; Napa and St. Helena, California; San Antonio, Texas
|Hattori Nutrition College|
|Le Cordon Bleu|
Paris, France; plus locations in Europe, North America, Latin America, South America, Australia, and Asia
|Tante Marie Culinary Academy|
Woking, Surrey, UK
Table: Top 6 Best Culinary Schools in the World | Above list is sorted alphabetically
Why Choose One of the Top Culinary Schools in the World?
Here are a few reasons you may just want to consider one of these best chef schools in the world if you are going to be in the culinary field.
- Classes at the best cooking schools in the world will prepare you to take on fabulous job opportunities across the world
- Having a degree from one of the best culinary schools in the world sets you apart; only 12.4% of chefs have a bachelor’s degree and 1.1% of chefs have a master’s degree – and not all of these are even from one of the best cooking schools in the world high on culinary school rankings
- The annual projected openings for head chefs are only 2,470 – you will want to have the backing of international culinary schools with high culinary schools rankings to give you the best shot
- Choosing an international culinary institute allows you to step outside of your own country’s culture and learn about the food and techniques of another country – all while living in that country for a time
For those who do not want a job in the culinary arts, choosing to take courses from the top culinary schools in the world can still offer you an unforgettable experience.
All-in-One Change Management Tools
Top Rated Toolkit for Change Managers.
Get Your Change Management Tool Today...
AdvisoryHQ’s Selection Methodology
What methodology does AdvisoryHQ use in selecting and finalizing the credit cards, financial products, firms, services, and products that are ranked on its various top-rated lists?
Please click here “AdvisoryHQ’s Ranking Methodologies” for a detailed review of AdvisoryHQ’s selection methodologies for ranking top-rated credit cards, financial accounts, firms, products, and services.
Detailed Review – Top Ranking Best Culinary Schools in the World
Below, please find a detailed review of each international culinary school on our list of culinary schools. We have highlighted some of the factors that allowed these best chef schools in the world to score so highly in our selection ranking.
Academia Barilla Review
Let’s start off our list of the best culinary schools in the world with Italy’s Academia Barilla – just like the popular Barilla brand pasta you can buy at the grocery store.
Each year, this international culinary school chooses chefs based on their experience and skill levels to train alongside their renowned kitchen staff for two months.
As one of the top culinary schools in the world, Academia Barilla says:
“We consider it an investment in the future, giving young students the opportunity to work alongside our chefs. We trust that these young chefs will develop, promote and spread authentic Italian Gastronomic Culture in the future.”
Chefs can also receive the following three certifications from this international culinary institute:
- Fundamentals of Italian Gastronomy (F.I.G.)
- Certificato Di Proficiency In Italian Cuisine (C.P.I.C.)
- Italian Cuisine Master Chef (I.C.M.C.)
You can also find a wide range of personalized cooking courses at this international cooking school, which include an aid, apron, chef hat, lunch, and attendance certificate. Possible topics include:
- Fresh egg pasta
- Meat and mushrooms
- How to cook fish
- Traditional Easter menu
- Focaccia and savory breads
- Gelato at home
Culinary Institute of America Review
As we continue to look at the best cooking schools in the world, we will examine a pick that tops culinary school rankings: the Culinary Institute of America.
Image Source: Culinary Institute of America
Students of this international cooking school will join one of the branches to specialize in a particular path. The choices are:
- School of Culinary Arts
- School of Baking and Pastry Arts
- School of Business and Management
- School of Liberal Arts and Food Studies
- School of Culinary Science and Nutrition
- School of Graduate and Executive Studies
From these schools, students can receive associate’s, bachelor’s, or graduate degrees.
Since this is one of the best culinary schools in the world, the degree programs offer hands-on kitchen instruction totaling 1,300 hours, expert faculty and staff, as well as facilities that are state-of-the-art.
While this world’s best culinary school is based in the United States, they have one international culinary school campus in Singapore. They only offer a bachelor’s degree in food business management there.
École Lenôtre Review
Next up for the top culinary schools in the world is École Lenôtre in France. Culinary school rankings continually mention this delight in the pastry world (and also other cooking specialties.)
As one of the best cooking schools in the world, Lenôtre not only offers some of the best chef schools in the world, they also have a wide variety of cooking classes anybody (even kids!) can enjoy.
At this international cooking school you will find:
- Cooking classes: Including everything from particular techniques to seasonal cuisine menus
- Pastry classes: Learn how to make Lenôtre’s famous classics
- Children’s cooking classes: Children can look out to make savory or sweet “morsels”
- Short course programs: 2 to 5 days of intensive training on subjects such as Patisserie Basics, Sugar Art, Techniques, or Deli Catering
- 3 month trainings: Intensive training for a bachelor’s in Pastry
- 6 month trainings: Intensive training for Grand Bachelor in Pastry or MasterClass
- 12 month trainings: Grand Master Class; 18 weeks of practical courses plus 10 courses from the short course programs
As you can see, this is one of the best culinary schools in the world for pastries especially.
Hattori Nutrition College Review
Out of all the best cooking schools in the world on our list, Hattori Nutrition College has one of the most unique points of view: nutrition. And it is one of the reasons culinary school rankings often consider Hattori one of the best culinary schools in the world.
This nutrition/culinary combination philosophy at this world’s best culinary school is called “SHOKUIKU.” Their goal is to teach classes “based on tasteful food and taking full consideration in health, safety, and environment.”
Here are the four main course offerings from this international culinary institute:
- Nutrition Course: Accepts 150 students for their 2 year day-class program
- Culinary Course: Accepts 260 students for their 1 year day-class program
- Culinary High Tech Business Administration Course: Accepts 120 students for their 2 year day-class program
- Culinary Patisserie and Boulangerie Course: Accepts 40 students for their 1 year day-class program
Since this is one of the top culinary schools in the world in Japan, you must be enrolled for 6 months or longer in a Japanese language school or have passed level 2 or higher of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test.
Le Cordon Bleu Review
Next up on our list of culinary schools is not only one of best culinary schools in the world, but also one of the most popular: Le Cordon Bleu.
With over 20,000 students being trained in 35 institutions spreading across 20 countries, it is easy to see why this international culinary institute is considered one of the top culinary schools in the world.
As one of the best cooking schools in the world, Le Cordon Bleu offers a diverse array of program options to its students. Categories include:
- Pastry and Confectionery
- Hotel, Restaurant, and Culinary Management
- Gastronomy and Nutrition
- Culinary Arts and Business
- Bakery, Danish Pastries, and Artisan Breads
- Gourmet and Short Courses
- Wine and Spirits
- Tourism, Conventions and Events
- “Les Petits Cordons Bleus”: Cooking for younger children
- Gastronomy, Food Design, Science and Culture
The President of this world’s best culinary school writes to prospective students of the best cooking schools in the world:
“Le Cordon Bleu fosters a unique multi-cultural and educational environment, encouraging you to learn and grow in the lessons you undertake in the tradition of the French Art de Vivre. Le Cordon Bleu emphasizes the appreciation of French technique at the service of world cuisine.”
Tante Marie Culinary Academy Review
The final international culinary institute on our list of best culinary schools in the world calls itself “The UK’s longest established cookery school”: The Tante Marie Culinary Academy.
Image Source: Tante Marie
You can find an extraordinary range of class options at this international culinary school:
- Professional Courses: Everything from “Ship’s Cook Certificate” to “Food Safety” to “Culinary and Hospitality Management
- Gap Year: Offering 4 week and 2 week food camps
- Lifestyle Courses: Everything from “Kid’s cookery” to “Art of Coffee with Coffee Real” to “Mastering Macarons”
Possibly what makes this international cooking school one of the best cooking schools in the world is their focus on practical learning. 80% of their course work happens in the kitchen. Only one theory class is included per week.
Just like many of the other top culinary schools in the world do, Tante Marie is attached to a fine dining restaurant. This allows students to get real world experience in a working kitchen.
Conclusion – Top Culinary Schools in the World
You have seen our best culinary schools in the world ranking for 2017. Now you can see if any of these best cooking schools in the world are a perfect match for you.
For those in the United States, you can definitely see culinary schools rankings for a great list of culinary schools. But the opportunity to study at an international culinary institute is what sets these best culinary schools in the world apart.
When you see the array of countries being represented with these international culinary schools, and when you consider how many countries Le Cordon Bleu reaches, you have the opportunity to learn culinary arts in so many different places.
Hopefully, one of these top culinary schools in the world can be a place where you begin your culinary career, or simply enjoy a class or two in 2017.
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.