2017 RANKING & REVIEWS
TOP RANKING CAR SECURITY DEVICES
Find the Best Car Alarm on the Market for Your Vehicle in 2017
Auto theft and auto vandalism are expensive, frustrating, and time-consuming issues for car owners. While it can be a welcome relief to find your car quickly after it has been stolen, the true relief comes with prevention through car security.
But not all vehicles come with built-in car alarms. Fortunately, there are after-market car security devices you can add to make sure your vehicle is secure.
To help you choose the right car security alarm for you and your vehicle, we have created a 2017 ranking of the best car alarm systems. We will highlight six options that could potentially be the best car alarm system for you this year.
Award Emblem: Top 6 Best Car Alarm Systems
All of these alarm systems for cars will offer you car security as well as a long list of other features, like:
- Remote start
- Remote lock/unlock
- Remote trunk opening
- Anti-carjacking software
- Impact sensors
- Mobile apps
- And much more
Once you have gone through our list of the best car alarms for 2017, you should have confidence in choosing the best car alarm system for you.
AdvisoryHQ’s List of the Top 6 Best Car Alarm Systems
List is sorted alphabetically (click any of the car security alarm names below to go directly to the detailed review section for that anti-theft system for cars):
- Avital 1-Way Remote Start with Security
- Pyle LCD 2-Way Remote Start Security System w/Advanced Impact Sensor
- Python SmartStart
- Scytek Galaxy G5.2W
- Viper Color OLED 2-Way Security + Remote Start System
- Viper SmartStart VSS5X10
Top 6 Best Car Security Devices | Brief Comparison & Ranking
Best Car Alarms
|Avital 1-Way Remote Start with Security|
|Pyle LCD 2-Way Remote Start Security System w/Advanced Impact Sensor|
|Scytek Galaxy G5.2W|
|Viper Color OLED 2-Way Security + Remote Start System|
|Viper SmartStart VSS5X10|
Table: Top 6 Best Car Security Options | Above list is sorted alphabetically
What Should Alarm Systems For Cars Offer?
Before we get into our overview of the top car alarm systems in 2017, let’s point out what types of features you should be looking for in car security.
Image Source: Pexels
The best car alarm on the market should allow you to do the following:
- Know when somebody has stolen or is trying to steal your car
- Offer helpful features like remote engine start or remote lock
- Provide these wireless services at a wide range
Just because some car alarm systems may be right for somebody does not mean they are right for you. Here are a few factors to consider when looking at car security devices:
- Do you want a smartphone app? For some, the ease of a smartphone app makes car security a breeze.Others may prefer to only carry around one of the 4-button or 5-button remotes.
- Do you want to be able to configure car security devices for multiple cars? Then be sure to choose one of the family-friendly options that allows for additional cars.
- Do you want basic car security, or do you want all sorts of features? As you will see, some of these car alarms have a long list of extras and others are simpler.
Now that you are thinking about what type of car alarm systems might work for you, let’s start our reviews on the best car alarms for after-market use.
All-in-One Change Management Tools
Top Rated Toolkit for Change Managers.
Get Your Change Management Tool Today...
AdvisoryHQ’s Selection Methodology
What methodology does AdvisoryHQ use in selecting and finalizing the credit cards, financial products, firms, services, and products that are ranked on its various top-rated lists?
Please click here “AdvisoryHQ’s Ranking Methodologies” for a detailed review of AdvisoryHQ’s selection methodologies for ranking top-rated credit cards, financial accounts, firms, products, and services.
Detailed Review – Top Ranking Best Car Alarm Systems
Below, please find a detailed review of each best car alarm system on our list of best car alarms. We have highlighted some of the factors that allowed these car alarms to score so highly in our selection ranking.
Avital 1-Way Remote Start with Security Review
The first car security alarm on our list of top car alarm systems is the Avital 1-way Remote Start with Security. Like the other car security devices we mention, this is an after-market device to provide car security and plenty of other helpful features.
Some of the highlights of this best car security system are:
- Impact sensor
- Starter interrupt
- Nuisance prevention
- Warn-away security
- Revenger siren
- Two 4-button remotes
- Detection from 1,500 feet away
As one of the top alarm systems for cars, the Avital’s starter interrupt is one of the best features. This is designed to prevent anyone from hot-wiring your vehicle.
This is one of the simpler choices among the best car alarms, as it does not come with endless items. This can absolutely be a good selling point for those who want a less complicated anti-theft system for cars.
Pyle LCD 2-Way Remote Start Security System w/Advanced Impact Sensor
Now, let’s look at another great car security devices: Pyle LCD 2-Way Remote Start Security System w/Advanced Impact Sensor. The Pyle company of car alarm systems was given the #4 place of best car security system companies by Top Ten Reviews.
This particular anti-theft device for cars from Pyle has the following highlights:
- One 2-way LCD transmitter
- One 4-button water resistant transmitter
- Extended range transceiver
- Encrypted coded transmission
- 125 dB siren
- Starter defeat
- Remote engine start
- Electronic impact sensors with light impact response
- Panic mode
- Valet mode
- Ignition controlled door lock/unlock
- Tamper alert
You can also add on optional features to this car security device, including:
- Remote keyless entry
- Remote trunk release
- Illuminated entry
- Horn honk output
- Power window rollup
- Hood and trunk protection
The main focus of this best car alarm system is its impact sensor. This is something that not all alarm systems for cars offer, and Pyle specializes in detecting even the lightest impact.
Python SmartStart Review
Next up on our list of best car alarms is the Python SmartStart. These car alarms allow you to locate your car and protect your car from theft, as well as many other useful functions.
Undoubtedly one of the nicest things about choosing Python for your car alarm systems is their easy-to-use, multi-functioning app. Through using this car security app, you can do the following:
- Learn the vehicle location and speed
- Get speed alerts
- Receive lockdown alerts
- Utilize a SmartFence boundary around your car
- Add curfew restrictions
Image Source: Python
Here are some of the other top features of this best car alarm system:
- Lock and unlock car
- Arm and disarm car
- Start car remotely
- Release trunk
- Turn on a panic mode
- Use auxiliary channels
All of these car security features can be used for multiple cars, so it is a great option for families. More than one user can control each vehicle with these car security devices.
Popular Article: Top DIY Home Security Systems | Ranking | Best DIY Alarm Systems
Scytek Galaxy G5.2W Review
Now, let’s take a look at the car security devices brand Scytek, a company listed on Top Ten Reviews’ top car alarm systems for 2017. Scytek’s Galaxy G5.2W is another remote start anti-theft system for cars.
Here are some of the highlight features of this car security option:
- One 5-Button LCD chrome 2-way remote control
- One 5-Button slim chrome 1-way remote control
- Up to a 3,000 feet range
- Built in parking light relay
- Six tone siren (12 Volt)
- Lock, unlock, and passenger unlock outputs
- User selectable auto-lock and unlock with ignition
- Auto disarm
- Programmable three stage anti car-jack feature
- Remote start
- On-Board temperature sensor for monitoring in-car temperature
- Auto Start based on the on-board real time clock set
- Auto Start based on temperature threshold set
- Reliable remote start In tachless mode using adaptive digital processing
- Compatible with all vehicles
- Gas or diesel compatibility
- MobiLink, cell phone and tracking compatible
- Two car operation
Viper Color OLED 2-Way Security + Remote Start System Review
Next up on our list of best car alarm systems is the Viper Color OLED 2-Way Security + Remote Start System.
Among other popular car security devices, the Viper brand continually stands out in online reviews. Top Ten Reviews named it the #1 brand for car alarms in 2017.
This particular anti-theft device for cars for cars is one of the simpler, less advanced options for alarm systems for cars, but this does not mean it does a great job of providing car security. It is cheaper than the more advanced Viper product below.
This car security alarm includes:
- Color OLED screen
- 1 Responder in HD Color for 2-Way
- 1 5-button 1-Way
- Up to a 1 mile range
The screen on this best car security system offers real-time information so you can do everything from locking and unlocking your car to popping your trunk to know if somebody is trying to break into your car.
Viper SmartStart VSS5X10 Review
The last car security alarm on our list of top car alarm systems is the Viper SmartStart VSS5X10. Once again, we have the reputable Viper brand. However, this particular best car security system is an upgrade from the Viper option above.
Image Source: Viper
When it comes to car security, this is in many ways this is the best car alarm on the market.
- 60-day free service trial
- SmartStart GPS capable
- Remote start system
- Security system
- Keyless entry
- “Virtually” unlimited range
- Vehicle alerts
- Trunk release
- Shock sensor
The SmartStart app allows you to lock or unlock your car, it gives you notifications if something goes wrong, it offers diagnostics, it will give you a map of where your car is located, and more.
This anti-theft system for cars also includes SmartFence. This is a virtual secure perimeter around your car. If the car leaves that perimeter, you will be alerted by this anti-theft device for cars.
With the 60-day free service trial, you can easily see if these car security devices will work best for you and your vehicle(s).
Conclusion – Top 6 Car Security Devices
Now that you have an idea of the top car alarm systems for your vehicle in 2017, you can start making the decision of which car security choice is right for you.
- If you are looking for a more budget-friendly option, look into the Scytex Galaxy G5.2W option or perhaps the Python Smart Start alarm systems for cars.
- If you are looking for all the bells and whistles, the best car security system may be the Viper SmartStart VSS5X10.
- If you want something middle-of-the-road for car security devices, look into the Pyre, Avital, and Viper Color OLED.
With any of these best car alarms and car security devices, you can gain the confidence of knowing your car can be safe and secure in 2017.
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.