Intro – BB&T Bank Review | Ranking of Branch Banking & Trust Company
Branch Banking & Trust Company (BB&T) was recently ranked and reviewed by AdvisoryHQ as a top rated bank for 2018.
Firms on our top rated lists were selected after they successfully passed AdvisoryHQ’s ground-breaking four-step banks and credit unions selection methodology.
Click here for a step-by-step breakdown of the methodology process and selection process used during our BB&T review: AdvisoryHQ’s Methodology for Selecting Top Banks and Credit Unions.
The BB&T reviews below provides a detailed review of Branch Banking & Trust Company (BB&T), including the specific factors we used in our decision-making process.
Branch Banking and Trust Company (BB&T) Review
A household name for more than 100 years, Branch Banking and Trust Company (BB&T) continues to offer leading checking, saving, lending, retirement, investment, and planning services to individual and business clients with a wide-range of financial needs.
With hundreds of locations nationwide, banking on the go and at home is simple and familiar, making BB&T one of the top banking firms to consider partnering with this year.
Key Factors that Enabled BB&T to Rank as a Top Banking Firm for 2018
Here is a listing of key factors that enabled Branch Banking and Trust Company (BB&T) to rank on our list of top banking firms.
BB&T Reviews | Trusted Checking at Your Fingertips
With convenient online and in-branch checking and savings accounts, customers can choose what’s most important to them when handling finances.
Our BB&T review found the following checking options:
- BB&T Bright Banking: Customers can easily avoid the $12 monthly maintenance fee with direct deposits of at least $500 or a $1,500 average balance.
- Elite Gold: This interest-bearing account offers competitive rates and is perfect for customers with a BB&T mortgage or other high-balance account.
- Student Checking: A stress-free way for students to bank and start on the road to a better financial future with no monthly account fee.
- Senior Checking: An excellent option for those 55 and older. This account offers free checks, easily waived maintenance fees, and online banking with personal financial management tools.
- BB&T Fundamentals: With a $5 monthly fee, no minimum balance requirements, and no direct deposit requirements, this account is a great tool for simple budgeting.
BB&T Reviews | On the Right Path to Saving
Safeguarding your money allows you to have peace of mind while you save for the future. BB&T offers a variety of savings options from basic savings to investor deposit accounts.
Our BB&T review found the following savings accounts:
- BB&T eSavings: The most popular savings account offered. Exclusive online banking which comes with a 0.03% APY.
- Investor’s Deposit Account: A money market account which requires a minimum balance of $10,000 and offers tiered interest rates with unlimited withdrawals and transfers.
- Young Savers: Helps children under the age of 18 to learn the importance of saving and budgeting.
- Health Savings Account (HSA): An easy, tax-efficient way to pay for qualified medical expenses
BB&T Reviews | Varied Lending Options
When you are exploring your lending options, BB&T is one of the best banking companies to consider, as the firm has been an expert in the field for decades.
This can be very helpful when you are deciding how much to borrow and for what. Loans are available for:
- Home mortgage
- Home equity
- Auto loans
- Personal loans
BB&T Reviews | Grow Your Investments and Build Your Retirement
As you look ahead to the future, investing in the stock market can be a lucrative way to build your family’s financial wealth.
Likewise, planning for your retirement, whether with the aid of investments or not, is supported by professionals who know how to get you where you want to be.
Listed below are just some of the investment and retirement services offered by BB&T:
- Traditional, Roth, Rollover, SEP, and SIMPLE IRAs
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Coverdell Education Savings
- College Saver CD
- Self-directed brokerage accounts
- Investment advisors
- Wide range of CDs, including 7-day to 60-month CDs
- 401k, 403b, and 407 plans
BB&T Reviews | Insurance Services
As one of the best banking companies, BB&T offers a broad-range of insurance services to protect your most valuable assets. Multiple quotes are available with just one click.
Our BB&T review found the following list of insurance services for customers to choose from:
- Renters and condominium
- Recreation vehicle
- Boat and yacht
- Term life
- Permanent life
- Long-term care
- Disability and ATV
- Policy reviews
- Medicare supplement
As one of the top banking firms, Branch Banking and Trust Company (BB&T) provides customers with a wide range of financial services to choose from, including varied investment options and insurance products.
With a strong history of success and checking and savings accounts that are tailored to meet the unique needs of their clients, our BB&T review gives the firm a full 5-star rating as one of the best banking companies to consider partnering with this year.
Read More: Best Banks & Credit Unions in Chicago, IL
Click any of the links below to browse exclusive reviews of all top-rated banking firms:
Rate Table Disclaimer
Click here to read AdvisoryHQ’s disclaimer on the rate table(s) displayed on this page.
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.