Intro – BB&T Bank Review | Ranking of Branch Banking & Trust Company
Branch Banking and Trust Company (BB&T) was recently ranked and reviewed by AdvisoryHQ as a top rated bank for 2020.
Firms on our top rated lists were selected after they successfully passed AdvisoryHQ’s ground-breaking four-step banks and credit unions selection methodology.
Click here for a step-by-step breakdown of the methodology process and selection process used during our BB&T review: AdvisoryHQ’s Methodology for Selecting Top Banks and Credit Unions.
The BB&T reviews below provides a detailed review of Branch Banking & Trust Company (BB&T), including the specific factors we used in our decision-making process.
Branch Banking and Trust Company (BB&T) Review
With a tradition of excellence, Branch Banking and Trust Company (BB&T) has been a driving force in community banking for more than a century.
As one of the country’s best banking companies, it offers customers a wide range of services, including checking, savings, lending, retirement, investment, and more.
BB&T bank reviews show that this top banking firm is entering a new chapter. BB&T and SunTrust bank have recently merged, forming a new bank called Truist.
For now, customers with a BB&T checking account or BB&T account of any kind, can bank as usual because the transition will take a while to complete, according to the bank.
BB&T operates over 1,700 financial centers throughout 15 states and Washington, D.C. It also offers convenient mobile and online banking options, making BB&T one of the top banking firms to consider partnering with this year.
Key Factors that Enabled BB&T to Rank as a Top Banking Firm for 2020
Here is a listing of key factors that enabled Branch Banking and Trust Company (BB&T) to rank on our list of top banking firms.
BB&T Reviews | Trusted Checking at Your Fingertips
Many customers are interested in a BB&T checking account, and they have five different options to choose from. With convenient online and in-branch checking and savings accounts, customers can handle their finances from anywhere.
Our BB&T reviews of accounts found the following BB&T checking account options:
- BB&T Fundamentals: With a $5 monthly fee, no minimum balance requirements, and no direct deposit requirements, this BB&T account is perfect for those wanting a simple, affordable checking option.
- BB&T Bright Banking: Customers can easily avoid the $12 monthly maintenance fee with direct deposits of at least $500 or a $1,500 average balance.
- Elite Gold: This BB&T checking account earns interest and offers competitive rates and is perfect for customers with a BB&T mortgage or other high-balance accounts.
- Student Checking: An easy way for students to bank and start on the road to a better financial future with no monthly account fee, no minimum balance requirement, and no direct deposit requirement.
- Senior Checking: An excellent option for those 55 and older. This account offers free checks, easily waived maintenance fees, and online banking with personal financial management tools.
BB&T Reviews | On the Right Path to Saving
Next to checking, a BB&T account for savings is also very popular. Safeguarding your money allows you to have peace of mind while you save for the future.
One thing that makes this one of the best banking companies is that BB&T offers a wide variety of savings options, from basic savings to investor deposit accounts.
Our BB&T bank reviews of savings accounts found the following savings opportunities:
- BB&T eSavings: The most popular savings account offered is this fully online savings account. Enjoy no minimum balance requirements and unlimited deposits and withdrawals.
- High-Performance Money Market: With a minimum $1,000 balance customers avoid a maintenance fee. This BB&T account also has check-writing ability.
- Investor’s Deposit Account: A money market account that requires a minimum balance of $10,000 and offers tiered interest rates with unlimited withdrawals and transfers.
- Young Savers: This BB&T account for children under the age of 18 teaches the importance of saving and budgeting and has zero maintenance fees.
- Health Savings Account (HSA): An easy, tax-efficient way to pay for qualified medical expenses and includes access to debit cards and checks.
BB&T Reviews | Varied Lending Options
When you are exploring your lending options, BB&T is one of the best banking companies to consider, as the firm has been an expert in the field for decades.
In BB&T bank reviews on sites like NerdWallet and WalletHub for loans and mortgages, BB&T consistently scores high ratings from customers.
Finding top banking firms with great loan rates and terms can be very helpful when you are deciding how much to borrow for a short-term or long-term need.
BB&T loans are available for:
- Home mortgage
- Home equity
- Auto loans
- Personal loans
Don’t Miss: How to Find and Open Free Business Accounts
BB&T Reviews | Grow Your Investments and Build Your Retirement
As you look ahead to the future, investing can be a smart way to build your family’s financial wealth or reach a future goal.
Likewise, planning for your retirement, whether with the aid of investments or not, is supported by the professionals at BB&T who are experienced at guiding people to help them reach future financial dreams.
Listed below are just some of the investment and retirement services offered by BB&T:
- Traditional, Roth, Rollover, SEP, and SIMPLE IRAs
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Coverdell Education Savings
- College Saver CD
- Self-directed brokerage accounts
- Investment advisors
- Wide range of CDs, including 7-day to 60-month CDs
- 401k, 403b, and 407 plans
BB&T Reviews | Insurance Services
As one of the best banking companies, BB&T offers a wide array of insurance services to protect your most valuable assets. Multiple insurance quotes are available with just one click.
For those interested in insurance services, BB&T connects them with McGriff Insurance Services, a subsidiary of BB&T.
Our BB&T review found the following list insurance products for customers to choose from:
Related: Review – Everything Business Account Comparison
As one of the top banking firms in the country, Branch Banking and Trust Company (BB&T) is a reliable option for multiple financial needs, whether that is a BB&T checking account or home and auto insurance.
The recent merger with SunTrust, means customers can expect an expansion of branch locations and other bank support services in the near future.
With a long history of supporting its community and affordable checking and savings accounts that are tailored to meet the unique needs of its clients, BB&T reviews of this financial institution found it to be worthy of a 5-star rating.
This is one of the best banking companies to consider partnering with this year.
Click any of the links below to browse exclusive reviews of all top-rated banking firms:
Rate Table Disclaimer
Click here to read AdvisoryHQ’s disclaimer on the rate table(s) displayed on this page.
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.