AML Senior Quality Assurance and Risk Analyst Job Description
The AML senior quality assurance or senior risk analyst/manager is responsible for ensuring that a firm maintains a high standard and uniformity of AML data and other process flows.
Image source: Bigstock
Aside from ensuring high data quality, AML quality assurance and risk analysis staff members also perform risk assessments and quality assurance reviews to evaluate the effectiveness of banking or non-banking financial institutions’ AML and compliance policies, controls, and procedures.
AML Senior Quality Assurance and Risk Analyst Job Responsibilities
- conduct regular risk and data quality assessments
- investigate and analyze factors which may affect risk mitigation
- quickly escalate high-risk cases
- perform ongoing validation of monitoring strategies to ensure appropriate AML governance and control
- analyze KPIs (key performance indicators) to ensure that existing AML and compliance processes are at a level commensurate with regulatory expectations
- submit timely and accurate documentation of performed risk assessments and AML quality assurance reviews
- conduct timely follow-ups on pending outstanding issues to ensure quick resolutions
- identify possible improvements to the AML infrastructure and communicate findings to the senior quality assurance management
- provide guidance and training to less experienced quality assurance and risk analysis staff members
- assist senior management in implementing target state changes to AML and compliance operating models
AML Senior Quality Assurance and Risk Analyst Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience)
- bachelor’s degree (minimum)
- AML senior quality assurance and risk analyst: 4+ years of AML, compliance, investigations, quality assurance, risk operations or other related experience
- AML senior quality assurance and risk manager: 6-10 years of AML, compliance, investigations, quality assurance, risk operations or other related experience
- strong knowledge and understanding of FINRA, BSA, AML, OFAC, FinCEN, the USA PATRIOT Act, Dodd Frank, Credit Risk, and other regulations/regulators
- knowledge of top AML compliance platforms (FIS, NORKOM, SAS, Mantas, etc.) is a plus
- proven analytical, mathematical, statistical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- financial services industry knowledge and experience
AdvisoryHQ (AHQ) Disclaimer:
Reasonable efforts have been made by AdvisoryHQ to present accurate information, however all info is presented without warranty. Review AdvisoryHQ’s Terms for details. Also review each firm’s site for the most updated data, rates and info.
Note: Firms and products, including the one(s) reviewed above, may be AdvisoryHQ's affiliates. Click to view AdvisoryHQ's advertiser disclosures.